Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Blizzard is simply lazy and doesn't give a shit, just look at other continuity and changes. It's obvious what they'll do, but i still want them to do so.
    Lazy compared to who? Does any mmo add in full sets and what not to old content when they add new classes? Genuine question.

Give the class their own Peak of Serenity/Moonglade/Acherus that serves as their hub while leveling and incorporate Legion functions into it at lvl 100

I dont see this as a problem. They will come up with a mechanic to solve this problem. Wether it will be a start at 110 or a quest chain that feels like a class hall quest line as a starting area.
    I think the starting area will work this out. If they quest in legion, they wont get a class hall or quest line, or maybe they get a quest line from a similar class, since most hero classes that are added could be pushed to an existing class.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Posted this in another thread, but feels it merits its own discussion.

One question about new classes that I haven't heard yet is, when a new class gets added from here forward, Blizzard will have to incorporate that class into Legion. New order hall that people will only use for two days before moving onto the next expansion. New artifact weapons and questlines and artifact weapon abilities that will only be used for a limited amount of time. New class champions and their own quests, etc.

Just from Legion alone and the amount of temporary work they would have to create just to get a new class through an outdated expansion, I would say that Blizzard WON'T add any more classes.
    Wait... Just because of the class order halls does not mean they cannot add more classes in.

I think they've handled actually pretty well in advance with the zone scaling coming in 7.3.5. There are no new classes in BfA, we already know that. So the earliest a new class will come along is going to be in the expansion following. It would work probably something like this:

Classic Zones - 1 to 60
    TBC & Wrath - 60 to 80
    Cata & MoP - 80-90
    WoD & Legion - 90 to 110
    BfA - 110 to 120

ad nauseum.

The point is, with zone scaling going forward, it won't really be an issue for someone to bypass Legion content.

Or, more logically, you wont need an order hall for the first zones of Broken Isles, which is all you will need for leveling to 110 anyway. There can be breadcrumb quests WITHOUT an order hall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Give the class their own Peak of Serenity/Moonglade/Acherus that serves as their hub while leveling and incorporate Legion functions into it at lvl 100
    Or this. Just a location in Dalaran for them to check into.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Because that fucks a class over, they don't get a class mount, or unique class only area/weapon mogs.
    There are other ways of obtaining a class mount and, until legion, most classes did not even get a class mount. Now those classes that did have an extra class mount. Is every other class "fucked over"?
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-11-30 at 09:54 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more classes plz Blizz has enough trouble

Unless they add Warden then it's ok. Melee dps, melee tank, ranged dps.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

I keep seeing this argument, and I don't really understand it.

Y'know, every new class has come with its own class hall - two of them before class order halls even existed! I don't think they'd skimp on some sort of home base for a new class. And if it's non-heroic, it'll probably get the same juicy xp boosts and level-appropriate gear vendors as monks had to speed them through the leveling process.

We tend to forget - in WoW's design, the vast majority of an expac's design becomes completely irrelevant once the next expansion drops. No one leveling up from scratch right now is spending any time in their garrison. Once BfA hits, Legion will primarily exist as 100-110 leveling across four Broken Isles zones. New classes will be able to buy level-appropriate weapons, and there will really be no need for them to engage with mission tables or world quests. They'll probably get a couple generic quests to wave them along to Suramar or Argus, but all of Legion will be a series of levels to 'get through,' not something anyone's motivated to 'fully' experience.

They have removed central elements from other expansions once they became legacy, e.g. legendary cloak and ring. Maybe the whole order hall story will go away at some point.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    lol.. there doesn't need to be order halls or artifacts for the new classes during the legion leveling experience.. they can simply have weapons for quest rewards, and a generic order hall for missions, you're thinking too hard about this lol
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

They can just give you the intro quests to the zones on the town boards and tune their level 100-110 performance slightly higher to compensate. By the time a new class comes around classes will have shifted so drastically again that nothing there will be a challenge anyway. We are also arguably oversaturated with classes already.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-11-30 at 11:26 PM.

I think you're giving blizzard absolutely no credit. This wouldn't be hard at all to get around in many different ways. That box looks cramped, try thinking outside it.

Mission tables and champions removed, Artifacts replaced with heirlooms, Order Halls just become a place to pick up the class campaign quests,

That's really all they need to do.

Just like DK starter zone made it impossible to add new races
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

We won't get a new class that starts at level 1. Monks will be the last one. New classes will just start much higher. Another way to look at it is, we will no longer get classes, we will only get "hero" classes from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Posted this in another thread, but feels it merits its own discussion.

One question about new classes that I haven't heard yet is, when a new class gets added from here forward, Blizzard will have to incorporate that class into Legion. New order hall that people will only use for two days before moving onto the next expansion. New artifact weapons and questlines and artifact weapon abilities that will only be used for a limited amount of time. New class champions and their own quests, etc.

Just from Legion alone and the amount of temporary work they would have to create just to get a new class through an outdated expansion, I would say that Blizzard WON'T add any more classes.
    Why would they need any of these things? That's all irrelevant come BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Hero classes that start at 110, there you go problem solved ignore all the order halls and crap.
    Τhat is not a solution, they would lock a class outside of an entire expansion?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Τhat is not a solution, they would lock a class outside of an entire expansion?
    Wouldn’t need to be locked out just wouldn’t neeed weapons and and order hall.

Hero classes that start at 110, there you go problem solved ignore all the order halls and crap.
    Why would it even need to? Class halls are only important because Legion is the current content. Blizz didn't go back and add T5 Monk sets to Serpentshrine cavern and Tempest Keep. You don't see Alliance Worgen in Northrend. I wouldn't expect old content to be updated just because of the new content.

Deleted
    Hardly a problem, you either make a bypass by putting the 'must haves' from class halls in a room in dalaran. Or you create a 'simple' order hall. DK's and Monks have one lore friendliest order halls because they already had a spot where they would meet up.

I am however now wondering what will happen to our artifact weapons. I can see those be removed entirely, and not be a part of legion lvling at all. Would be kinda weird to be go all out on giving you a weapon which you will get rid of again once you're done lvling in LEgion and move onto BfA and beyong.

And for good measure, I want my Earthwarding 4th spec and I want it yesterday!

What happens if he wants to go to the Broken Isles? He has to choose a location to start questing from... drum roll... an Order Hall.