Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Void Elf Racials OP

Chill of Night - Reduces Arcane and Shadow damage taken by 1%.
    Entropic Embrace - Your abilities have a chance to empower you with the essence of the Void.
    Ethereal Connection - Reduces the cost of Void Storage and Transmogrification by 50%.
    Preturnatural Calm - Your spell casts are not delayed by taking damage.
    Spatial Rift - Rip a rift in space and time. Reactivate this ability to teleport through the rift.

Seems quite strong compared to the other races at the moment. Hope they are gonna update the old ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GenjiNumeroUno View Post
    Chill of Night - Reduces Arcane and Shadow damage taken by 1%.
    Entropic Embrace - Your abilities have a chance to empower you with the essence of the Void.
    Ethereal Connection - Reduces the cost of Void Storage and Transmogrification by 50%.
    Spatial Rift - Rip a rift in space and time. Reactivate this ability to teleport through the rift.

Seems quite strong compared to the other races at the moment. Hope they are gonna update the old ones.
    in what way? like human racial is better, belf racial is better, orc racial is better, troll racial is better...

I just found my race.

Well, all races have some output racials, dont they. Which are like 1% of something. I don't see anything like that here, except the no delay one, which can be. I wonder how distant will this Rift jump be tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rift seems to be like a racial version of a warlock port or monk transcendence. The push back immunity is kinda cool though i wish they had some sort of throughput racial. Essence of the Void may be a throughput thing or it may just be a visual thing, time will tell.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

7+ Year Old Account
    That 'port' ability does seem... pretty darn useful in PvP. Comparing it to some of the other races...

Nightborne? You get to appear as.. 'another' Nightborne..? Oh sure you get a +1% spell damage but.. what if you roll something that doesn't use magic? x_x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    The rift seems to be like a racial version of a warlock port or monk transcendence. The push back immunity is kinda cool though i wish they had some sort of throughput racial. Essence of the Void may be a throughput thing or it may just be a visual thing, time will tell.
    Essence of the void not being a throughput racial would baffle me completely. 9 out of 10 chance this is going to be a (small) throughput gain.

That being said void elf racial seem to be rather good pvp wise and rather standard pve wise. Pretty comparable to e.g. goblin with their rocket jump.
    And even then only for casters which benefit more from an escape mechanic than a silence/stun/etc.
    Melees have better choices available in most situations.

Deleted
    Seems strong compared to some of the other new ones. The rift thing in particular

We don't know the cooldown.

We don't know whether the spell has a cast time.

We don't know if racials will stay enabled in PVP.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: I am talking about the teleport, everything else is not OP at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I have to make one now... Knowing my mind, I'll not even use the PCalm but just make a melee...Gotta be tanking! Though, have a feeling Rift won't work in combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Chill of Night - Reduces Arcane and Shadow damage taken by 1%. - This is fair enough.
    Entropic Embrace - Your abilities have a chance to empower you with the essence of the Void. - This'll have some internal cooldown.
    Ethereal Connection - Reduces the cost of Void Storage and Transmogrification by 50%. - This is fair enough.
    Preturnatural Calm - Your spell casts are not delayed by taking damage. - This'll have some internal cooldown or even better, be an activated ability.
    Spatial Rift - Rip a rift in space and time. Reactivate this ability to teleport through the rift. - This'll have some internal cooldown as well as being activated, and most likely not working in combat.

That is how I could imagine it...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    PS: I am talking about the teleport, everything else is not OP at all.

Im glad someone finaly posted about this, 2 OP Racials already lol.
    Meanwhile Highmountain Taurens have a chance to loot extra meat and fish
    #JustBlizzardthings
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2017-12-01 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    "Preturnatural Calm - Your spell casts are not delayed by taking damage."

Im glad someone finaly posted about this, 2 OP Racials already lol.
    #JustBlizzardthings
    That's nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    #JustBlizzardthings
    Conviniently ignoring that Highmountain tauren are getting a percentage and a flat damage taken reduction that's permanent and works in all situations and will be disgustingly broken on mitigation tanks, especially when coupled with fast but weak attacks.

void elf druid flag carrier in WSG...

speed in cat form, with no stuns interupting casting, less damage from spells.... call me crazy but this is overpowered

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post

speed in cat form, with no stuns interupting casting, less damage from spells.... call me crazy but this is overpowered
    ...what's a void elf druid?

There are no velf druids, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    ...what's a void elf druid?
    A cat with entirely too many tentacles.

In PvE, they're trash racials, at best. As for PvP, they are quite decent. They have, essentially, a warlock self-portal and when attacked, if they are a caster, they don't suffer the few diminishing cast recoil effects from taking damage (I forget the proper term), however it is far from "overpowered."

- - - Updated - - -

Stuns still effect them normally. What they are immune to are the partial second ticks off of their cast time when taking damage, which already have diminishing returns passively. Also, from what I understand, they cannot be druids, at least according to their profile on the BfA site.

10+ Year Old Account
    woooooow velf mage and warlocks are gonna be a right laugh, in fact any class of them is gonna be great in pvp, HYYPEEE

Is delaying spellcasts from damage really such a big deal in PvP?

Assuming entropic embrace comes out to be 1% damage somehow, it's all otherwise balanced in PvE.