Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    You seriously think this? They will launch it in a expansion downfall, how can you suggest otherwise?
    Let's pretend you're right and they potentially launch the and classic together, what will happen to subs on retail in your opinion?
    Classic is a perfect gabcloser in a dead space between patches.

And you clame it's in place already proves us how uninformed you freaking are, you do realise that's complete bullshit right?
    Am I uninformed? The game is in place. They are not making a new game from scratch all they are having to do in essence is port it over to a newer database and other tweaks. While this isn't exactly minor it is nowhere near as bad as designing everything from scratch. The zones, raids and all the other stuff that makes up the game is already done. It is more about getting it to run on blizzards current infrastructure and modern computers that is 95% of their task. Design choices are comparably minor and easy to implement once this is done.

As for subs on retail, you understand don't you a lot of veterans who are wanting to return for classic really won't care about retail. Those in retail who will try classic will likely split time if the sub includes both. I also said around the same time be it a few months apart. So next time before you come in claiming how uninformed I am you might want to do some research yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Well this is awkward.

I meant abandon your wife and child and play wow 24/7. Become strongest character on your server. L2life is for people bad at wow.
    LOL be the best you that you can be, i get it :P
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Under normal guestimates... Classic won't be live until 1-2 years right? Atleast that is the general consensus on these boards (without any information from Blizzard to either make us thing it will be quicker or longer)...

But just think about it... I am really hyped right now. I would play in a heartbeat right... But will I be able to play this in 2 years? In 2 years I will probably have a kid with my wife. My life could be changed so much I will never ever play Classic.

And that prospect (not the kid, I want a kid haha) makes me very sad. Now I am not saying that Blizzard should hurry up.... I am just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat... that in 2 years we might not have time even though we are desperate for "a fix" now!
    I feel ya. I played Vanilla while working full time and going to graduate school. This time I am working full time and have two kids. I might even have another by the time this comes out. I will be happy to play it at whatever pace I can and I hope there will be others playing at a similar pace.

Under normal guestimates... Classic won't be live until 1-2 years right?
    No, not right.

The thing is, nobody knows *and that includes Blizzard*. The last bit is important. Blizzard themselves don't know when classic will happen. It can take less than a year or it can take significantly longer. It might also not happen at all in the form they are planning it to happen now. For real, they have an idea now and that idea might fail.

That nobody including Blizzard knows what kind of timeline to even project for classic (apart from the obvious: "ok, it's not going to happen two-three months from now, we don't even have a team yet... so, let's say that it is going to take a year or more without qualifying how much more, that's long enough") is both a blessing and a curse.

Speaking from experience, having kids doesn't mean you can't play games, World of Warcraft included. It just means you have to start communicating with your understandable girlfriend, explaining why slaying dragons and elementals every wednesday is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcoffin View Post
    Speaking from experience, having kids doesn't mean you can't play games, World of Warcraft included. It just means you have to start communicating with your understandable girlfriend, explaining why slaying dragons and elementals every wednesday is important.
    Let's keep things sane - having kids does mean you have less time for everything else. It's a good thing, too, you will be thankful for it later (you - the general, unspecific you - have no idea how much). And no, slaying dragons and elementals every wednesday is not important at all, that takes a seat veeeeeery far in the back (basically the "if there's nothing else needed I suppose I can slay a couple of dragons" seat).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    Am I uninformed? The game is in place. They are not making a new game from scratch all they are having to do in essence is port it over to a newer database and other tweaks. While this isn't exactly minor it is nowhere near as bad as designing everything from scratch. The zones, raids and all the other stuff that makes up the game is already done. It is more about getting it to run on blizzards current infrastructure and modern computers that is 95% of their task. Design choices are comparably minor and easy to implement once this is done.

As for subs on retail, you understand don't you a lot of veterans who are wanting to return for classic really won't care about retail. Those in retail who will try classic will likely split time if the sub includes both. I also said around the same time be it a few months apart. So next time before you come in claiming how uninformed I am you might want to do some research yourself.
    I did allot of research (few is available) you stated around the same time and reading that as it was stated (not like you state now) is plain wrong. Excuse me if I misinterpreted that. Basicly what it comes down to is that at the end of the day and trough blizzGoggles wow retail/classic are products. I bet they will still have to think hugely on when to release it since it will dent retail. Especially at launch. And let's be honest, imho they will never release it as private. They want a polished product, they will twerk it, atleast minor. But there is also a chance they'll just release it to let it be as it is because we cried for classic! I do agree with you compared to others that releasing classic won't add 5mil. Subs to the once all ready on retail because most vanillaboys play retail. So to what extend are they willing to put money into classic, I bet my ass of it will get a added subscription aside from retail.

Deleted
    But just think about it... I am really hyped right now. I would play in a heartbeat right... But will I be able to play this in 2 years? In 2 years I will probably have a kid with my wife. My life could be changed so much I will never ever play Classic.

And that prospect (not the kid, I want a kid haha) makes me very sad. Now I am not saying that Blizzard should hurry up.... I am just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat... that in 2 years we might not have time even though we are desperate for "a fix" now!
    Wow.. your wife actually wants another kid in the family? You sound like you're 5 years old.
    No one know how long this will take. Not even Blizzard. Calm down and relax mate.

What's telling is that they haven't even announced what patch they planned on it being set on. Hell, they haven't even mentioned ANYTHING regarding it outside of the announcement?

It's not really any different from any other game announcement. Legion was announced over a year before it was released, you could have had a kid and changed your life entirely in that time too . Game development takes time and new releases are always announced far in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tons of people play WoW with a kid. Honestly, having one kid won't really change your life THAT much. They sleep a lot, anyway. Just put the kid to bed at 8 and you have 4-5 hours of WoW time.

BfA is the priority, not classic servers so don't expext them to "hurry up". You can expect them when the lull period hits between BfA and the following expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    BfA is the priority, not classic servers so don't expext them to "hurry up". You can expect them when the lull period hits between BfA and the following expansion.
    It has it's own team so the only affect BfA will have on it is timing. I'm sure that team will be pushing to get it done, just like the BfA team will be pushing to get theirs done.