Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fairly sure this happened last time as a result of the stat squish, likely an unintended consequence that will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm gonna wait for the new races before I start leveling alts. Having to get more XP isn't really a problem for me anyway. It's already pretty short and easy.
    Dis, looks like I'll be sticking around a bit longer to level a LF draenei and void elf.

So exciting, turn the 1-90 snoozefest into an even bigger snoozefest.

Blizz could sell XP pots BOP for 30k Class hall resources if they wanted for us altoholics

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    So the doom and gloom posts have started? Funny thing is the change will make leveling faster. More people in que, more places to quest, better able to enjoy questlines, these will make leveling a better overall and faster experience.

Xp rate will not be lower, it will stay the same. Mobs will give xp based on their levels instead of their location. a level 20 boar in Westfall will not give the same xp as the level 60 version.
    Leveling is going to be slower because percentage wise equal level mobs will have 3 times as much life...

A good change though, mobs should take at least half a rotation to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lame changes. I hate level scaling and mobs taking longer to kill just makes the leveling process take longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    It's not going to be slower. People aren't taking into account how much more xp you're making now because there's no such thing as a green or gray mob when you're leveling.
    Yeah I never run into that issue because I always level in a zone that is around my level.

It will take longer. They should undo the nerf to dungeon exp if they're going to make everything take longer to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    OH NO! HOW HARD IS THAT! I can still kill mobs practically naked!

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    ts so I'm avoiding leveling new toons unless they are a new class (not subrace). .
    They're ALLIED races, not subraces. I wish people would stop calling them sub races. Ion kept havign to correct people at Blizconn and you could see teh pain on his face every time someone said subrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Usandu View Post
    OH NO! HOW HARD IS THAT! I can still kill mobs practically naked!
    I thought so. This entire thread is a delusional lie. Most likely nothing changed unless you are used to leveling in zones below your level, which is questionably efficient to begin with. Someone should test a full heirloomed toon and see whether they still oneshot everything regardless of level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually i went to all my 20-60 doubles and played them a bit to get rid of all heirloom gear and replaced everything with dungeon/quest gear.
    Fun thing, just by running zul'farak once on my level 50 paladin i've got 2 fucking levels. I'm actually looking forward this change
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I want leveling to take longer and work better so no thanks, I'll start when the changes and Allied Races are out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Good, now bring back a talent every level, old talent trees, spell training, weapon skills, elite quests, resource management, and aggro. Maybe then lvling will be decent again. This is but one tiny step in the right direction.
    Give this man a beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Running 100+ dungeons without any social interaction till level 100 is so bad. I'd rather wait and level with the new system.
    Perfectly said.

I never understood why people were in a hurry to get to max on a alt.

In guild, on expansions we all were in a hurry so we could start raiding, but when it came to alts, I enjoyed seeing what I missed on my main.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."

15+ Year Old Account
    No.

Leveling was always the most hated part of WoW and I have all classes at max. I see no point leveling another char of the same class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I thought so. This entire thread is a delusional lie. Most likely nothing changed unless you are used to leveling in zones below your level, which is questionably efficient to begin with. Someone should test a full heirloomed toon and see whether they still oneshot everything regardless of level.
    I tested 1-10, a lvl 34 random alt I had, a lvl 55-58 DK, and a lvl 76 alt I had that I tested in both outland and wotlk.

All had full heirlooms. 1-10, is a little bit more of a challange as in, stuff doesnt die as fast, but you're still not at risk of dying really, they need to up mob dmg as well.

at lvl 34, it was abit better, but still very very easy, just more HP on mobs.

DK 55-58 was actually starting to feel balanced, and the 76 alt was a massive change tbh, both outland and northrend felt much more challanging and it didnt feel like a zergrush anymore.

That video shows a very very narrow view of the changes.

It's so fun that when it takes 10 hours to level 1-110, people complain that it's too easy and takes too little time.

Now that it's the opposite, people complain again.

Now they should only remove the lvl-boosts and then they can finally make lvling great again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    No.

Leveling was always the most hated part of WoW and I have all classes at max. I see no point leveling another char of the same class.
    Haha... Yeah okay, you know... back in the day? 5-15% of the population raided, depending on xpac. That didnt change untill MoP.

The rest of those players?`They enjoyed leveling, the experiance and the journey of it. Sure some where hardcore PvPers as well, but alot of players repeatedly leveled new characters, because it was fun.