10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    They can have that shitty, haunted tundra.
    It's not shitty but ok @_@
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Neh, the Shal'dorei, back then the Highborne of Suramar, secluded themselves from the rest of their society. That's all they did then. Tyrande then unrightfully compares them to Azshara, with whom they did not at all see eye to eye with.
    If she criticised them for being cowards, sure, that's fact. But instead she just puts them on the same pile as Azshara whom intentionally summoned the demons to their world for power. Where we once again come back to the same argument that, Highborne descendants or not, the populace is being held accountable for the acts of their leaders.

Tyrande broke the trust this time, because she likes to generalise. Tyrande's always been a cocky bitch going as far back as the Third War, where she scorned the orcs and humans, potential allies against Archimonde, creatures she had never seen, for being different.

She never had a good reason to begin with, that's the entire point. It's easy to then say 'Oh see they didn't join me so they're not trustworthy for the entirely unrelated suspicions I had about them.'
    So no, it's not rational and it's not justified. The only thing that is correct here is the self-fulfilling prophecy she created the moment she was being passive agressive.
    This is the big sin about the Alliance, their inborn evil: They're Bigots.

Whether it's Azshara painting all Nightborn as traitorous cowards because their leaders locked them away for 10,000 years, or Varian screaming about how all "Green Abominations" should be eradicated, or Genn building a wall and ending his Alliance with the other human kingdoms because they decided -not- to kill innocent children.

And even those characters built around the core identity of being unbiased, or unbigoted at least, like Jaina, eventually turn to that broad brush and start painting.

The Horde's sins are more varied, and generally apply to one or two member-races of the Horde. But the Alliance typically uses the one.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

The Nighthold being the only zone under their control and being friendly means that the government is with the Horde. It is only a matter of time untill all of Suramar is under their rule. It is not like whoever controls the rest has any outside support, unlike the Horde's nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Blood elves have those beards, they are called void elves and they will be available on the alliance side.
    I'm glad to see that you're finally accepting this

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The Nighthold being the only zone under their control and being friendly means that the government is with the Horde. It is only a matter of time untill all of Suramar is under their rule. It is not like whoever controls the rest has any outside support, unlike the Horde's nightborne.
    ... No, it just means they decided to put their little town in the unphased and empty Nighthold, whereas the rest of the city is still in the "past" for gameplay purposes. @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    That's probably just the case to keep the area playable. If you turn everything in Suramar friendly, you can't do anything there anymore.
    And there are people who want to go quest in older zones.
    To be fair, it wouldn’t be unprecedented. See: Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Or for that matter what they are going to do Teldrassil.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard removes the Suramar/Highmountain stuff next PTR update, because it totally clashses with their "B-B-B-BUT ALLIED RACES AREN'T 7.3.5 YOU GUYS!!" narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I’m curious if they are going to add a phased Vindicaar or something to act as the Lightforged’s capital?
    There's 2 new maps named LightforgedVindicaar and LightforgedDraeneiVindicaar so it is looking pretty likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Blood elves have those beards, they are called void elves and they will be available on the alliance side.
    lmao nice one

Quote Originally Posted by mcalexev View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GifahTVQhbs

Something Noone posted. The customizations look AWESOME, though I think the female Nightborne idle anim is still a work in progress or is buggy on the sandbox he's running it on.
    void elf bald!

7+ Year Old Account
    the nightborne tattoos are amazing.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    ... No, it just means they decided to put their little town in the unphased and empty Nighthold, whereas the rest of the city is still in the "past" for gameplay purposes. @_@
    The "past" is handled via level phasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And it's not like the Horde did not have solid potential third allied race potential that would have strengthened the Horde's identity instead of diluting them. They could have gained the Ogres, an orc faction (yes, even those from WoD, they were awesome, they were just used poorly), the Mok'nathal. All would have been exciting options for the Horde, none would have been divisive at all.
    Mok'nathal more likely than the Ogres, there. Ogres, after all, still use a fully custom rig. They're more a full-race thing. But they definitely could base Mok'nathal off the new upright orc model and add more ogre features. Hell, that could look quite cool, expanding on their appearances with random ogre features, tattoos. Nice idea, I hope Blizzard keeps it in mind for future allied races.

The only allied race that I can't wrap my mind around is the Dark Iron Dwarves. It's so out of nowhere, it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    The only allied race that I can't wrap my mind around is the Dark Iron Dwarves. It's so out of nowhere, it's not even funny.
    How do you mean? I just find it weird that we need to invite them into the Alliance since they pretty much have been part of the Alliance since MoP, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    How do you mean? I just find it weird that we need to invite them into the Alliance since they pretty much have been part of the Alliance since MoP, no?
    Maybe we officially recruit them after some inner dark iron conflict.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem is we all assumed they were part of the Alliance and them suddenly "joining" in BFA is a little odd. Not to mention, we all assumed it would be sorta a subrace of Dwarves.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That's one of the reasons. The other one is, that they came out of nowhere. Every other allied race has either been helping us in the recent past, or is going to play a big role in the future.
    Also, they don't seem to fit the theme of Kul'Tiras at all. A Zandalari troll on Zandalar is a no brainer. But why the Dark Irons as their counter parts of all the races is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    "You fuckers won't commit genocide on your captured and enslaved enemy? Well fuck you, then, I'm sealing my people off and even if other dangers come you can piss off"

These are two -incredibly- different situations thanks to context and motivation. On the surface they seem similar (Building a wall to protect ourselves) but scratch the surface even a little and one is "Panic Induced Turtling" while the other is "Fuck off, pansies."
    Every single orc put in those camps were war criminals, the Gilneans right, they should have been executed. Instead the alliance let them breed creating an unneeded ethical dilema because Lordareon needed slave labor I guess.

The decision to build the wall was the right one, and Genn was right to trust his advisors, well, until the whole worgen debacle.

Man, Suramar sure is pretty. On one hand, I'm jealous that the Horde gets it, on the other hand, them being Horde isn't going to stop me from playing Nightborne.

This right after the Night Elves lose their own capital city. Jeez.
    yes, because no race of the horde lost their capital right ? ... oh wait