Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its been something you would compare a political opponent to for decades. Anyone who treats this like a new thing is pretty much wrong.

Is there really any tradition more American than using accusatory titles to go on witchunts?

More American than apple pie

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    They always hide behind the "no public discussion of moderation" because they know the internal process of complaint is a complete waste of time.
    If you know that it's against the rules, maybe you shouldn't do it. This goes for everyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    1) Since 2016 (or 2015? I don't remember exactly), Europe has had a lot of immigrants coming from the Middle East and mainly Syria.
    2) Bad integration led to restless immigrants who turn to crime.
    3) Culture clash was just bound to happen.
    4) Internet is free speech.

I doubt people here are really nazi. They are just misled. People have forgotten the history. Most far right who are hating on the immigrants are less educated and they don't know about the horrors of the WW2. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

Nazis is chickenshit compared to syrian refugees in germany,france and sweden.
    Why don't people talk about em?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Uniform envy

Sure the uniforms look nice, but all my mind is telling me when I look at that image is 'portly gentleman' on repeat.

And is this where Michael Jackson got the idea for wearing a single glove? Why are you wearing a single glove? WHERE IS YOUR OTHER GLOVE?

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Take that tinfoil hat off pal.
    Tinfoil hat - I don't have one of those, I just live in the real world where the little man child Trump is preparing to kill millions of Koreans and Japanese.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Probably ready to smack someone's face for a duel at dawn.
    I would grant the Nazis a modicum of respect if they had insisted on settling all their disputes with duels.

"Today only, an epic challenge for the Eastern Front! Come, gaze in awe as Hitler and Stalin square off in the Battle of the Mustaches!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You know criticism of Israel and antisemitism are not the same thing, right?
    I wish others could see the difference as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhidhg View Post
    Cause we are always fascinated by pure evil and there is no other group in History who is as evil as the Nazis was.

Also there uniforms was cool as fuck! lol
    Could argue that Stalin or Japan Militarist were much worse in the same time period. If I thought about it or looked into it I might could find more. Maybe Genghis Khan.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Could argue that Stalin or Japan Militarist were much worse in the same time period. If I thought about it or looked into it I might could find more. Maybe Genghis Khan.
    The Ustase for sure. Just as bad if not worse just on a smaller scale so not as well known.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usta%C5%A1e

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    The Ustase for sure. Just as bad if not worse just on a smaller scale so not as well known.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usta%C5%A1e
    Japanese to, 14 million dead chinese civilians, unit 371 and other stuff, read about the unit 371, Josef Mengele could learn a thing or two from Ishii Shiro. Then there is the Nanking Massacre amongst other stuff they liked to do to the civilians.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-12-02 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Tinfoil hat - I don't have one of those, I just live in the real world where the little man child Trump is preparing to kill millions of Koreans and Japanese.
    Suuuuure he is. Will he do that before or after that vertically challenged Korean fat child nukes the liberal voting base (Cali) off the US map with a nuke?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Japanese to, 14 million dead chinese civilians, unit 371 and other stuff, read about the unit 371, Josef Mengele could learn a thing or two from Ishii Shiro. Then there is the Nanking Massacre amongst other stuff they liked to do to the civilians.
    Its almost like a heavily militarist system infused with a sense of racial and/or nationalist superiority and a healthy contempt for those deemed inferior leads to negative results no matter where it takes place. Its almost like that.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Suuuuure he is.
    Excellent - good to see you are paying attention to things.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Its almost like a heavily militarist system infused with a sense of racial and/or nationalist superiority and a healthy contempt for those deemed inferior leads to negative results no matter where it takes place. Its almost like that.
    They got nuked so cant complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    I wish others could see the difference as well.

Yet, you do not see the difference yourself by saying you hate jews.

Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    Well, Algy, if I may play devil's advocate a little here, I think there's a slight difference.

I'll break down the important points to reduce the wall of text response, slightly, so people might actually read it~ xD

To clarify, opponents of modern day feminism weren't calling feminists Nazis, they were calling them feminazis, and that's a key difference.
    Not from where I am standing. People were actually calling feminists, regardless of what they believed, nazis that wanted to x/y/z men. You know the "kill all men" crap? That shit is fucking terrible, yet, anyone with a slight feminist leaning, or someone that might "sound" like a feminist, got pinned in with these people. Anyone that would try to point out double standards within society would get called a crazy feminazi nutjob that wants to kill men or some bullshit. You don't even have to be a feminist to get called a "kill all men feminazi". There really isn't much difference in people calling people feminazis and flat out nazis from my point of view.

-nazi label to something was meant to dismiss whatever it was as a joke.
    It might have been funny for those labeling someone a nazi, but it wasn't for those getting called nazis. It is almost like it isn't funny when it could be directed towards you! Don't even start to say that feminazi was even comparable to grammarnazi because people weren't calling "oh its your not you're" people grammarnazis in the same context as they were feminazi. It wasn't even close to comparable in reality, but I'm generally on the political leaning that was called feminazis for years, so maybe from the side that was memeing and being dicks to feminists it seemed the same? Who knows!

That shit is damaging, especially in an era where people seem to be totally cool with harassing some unfortunate person's employer into firing someone for something they said outside of work hours.
    Just calling someone a nazi won't get them fired. If they are making nazi salutes, singing nazi chants, or even just being a racist dickhead, that will get someone fired pretty quick since an employee does represent a business even after hours. In the age of social media, it is very easy to link a business to joe-bob that started slinging the word nigger around and yelling blood and soil. That is damaging to a businesses image and will get someone fired.

So if anyone got fired because someone called them a Nazi and nothing else, that is bullshit, but maybe look into those that did get fired and see what caused them to get called a Nazi. Those i have seen so far are people that were chanting blood and soil at Chancellorsville.

"Then where the hell are all of these supposed scores of Nazis outside of website like Stormfront?"
    Well, if you want a real person to blame, blame the media for sensationalizing Nazis. They are small in number, but they have been rallying more and more, and as with anything that can be sensationalized, these stories have been. Nazis have been gathering more lately, but their numbers are pretty low. The "Unite the Right" shit was a lowkey nazi gathering, I mean, "alt right" gathering where they actually chanted Nazi shit as they did their rally. They caused a fuckton of trouble at night as well as those shitheads weren't happy just getting their rally as well. Just because those people chanting blood and soil don't call theirself a nazi doesn't mean they don't act and sound EXACTLY like nazis. I mean fuck, their leader wants to "peacefully ethnically cleanse" the country. But, these people are fairly small in number, but it makes for great headlines.

Or, more likely, people are mislabeled to drum up fear, or dismiss their argument, or whatever is the motive. Why would Ben Shapiro be labeled as a Nazi? Or Milo?
    I'll be honest I don't know or give a shit who Ben Shapiro is so I can't comment on him. His name appears a lot so I'm going to assume he is some guy who spouts opinions and people regurgitate them over and over like it was their own opinion.

Milo, on the other hand, is a troll and he crosses into the realm of horrible shit during his trolling fairly often. I'm at this point with trolls that even if they are "just trolling" if they sound like and act like something, they are no different than that something. From what I've seen, his trolling makes him into a sexist, anti-trans dickhead, so it wouldn't surprise me if he has went into nazi levels at this point since trolls have to keep one-uping theirself. I can't comment on what has got him labeled a nazi at this point, but I really don't give a shit about the crocodile tears regarding the term at this point in time.

But what about an ordinary person? Being called a Nazi can mess with your employment, disrupt your family and friends, and alienate you from society.
    Being specifically called a Nazi shouldn't, but I'm sure it could in some circumstances and is fucking stupid. But as I said earlier, apart from outliers, actions get you fired and ruin your life, not being labeled things. As for the sexual assault stuff you mentioned, that is bullshit and does happen, but its mostly because people take sexual assault accusations far more serious than a watered down label such as Nazi. As you said earlier, people have watered down the term over the years, so it isn't as powerful as a sexual assault accusation.

The thing that I am getting from your post is that it feels like you see this as a "one side is fucking everything up by using Nazi as a term" thing when it is a cultural issue at its core. This is a giant clusterfuck of both sides doing things over the years that got "Nazi" attached to their side, and on the individual level, people are getting fucked due to the battle, but on the grand scheme of things, its politics as usual.

During the feminazi era, feminists were defending the kill all men kind of shit as "its just a joke" and caused the waters to get muddied. Right leaning people were defending the charlottesville "rally" saying they weren't really nazis despite chanting nazi slogans, making nazis salutes, and their leader wanting ethnic cleansing in the country. The issue at hand is that as a whole, people don't call out bullshit on their side and end up trying to justify it existing. Then those sides get upset when the entire side starts getting associated with that shit. I called out the insanity within the left when it was justifying the "kill all men" shit but that doesn't really matter since it was seen as a joke by a lot and justified. Singular individuals on the right called out the Nazi shit at charlottesville, but as a whole, it was being justified as "not really nazis".

TL : DR - People fucking suck and I'm just enjoying the side that called left leaning people feminazis for years crying about it rebounding onto them.

Have a wall of text back! Ignore typos, I ain't got time to grammar check this.

I'll say this at the end, before I go do stuff for a while, so maybe it sticks. This isn't an individual issue with "the right" or "the left" it is an issue with people as a whole. Since the average is, well, average, the outlier that actually do call out shit their side does doesn't affect the average like... at all.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2017-12-02 at 04:53 PM.