The U.S. senate just voted on a tax bill that no one has really read

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...96d_story.html

Also, as a grad student, fuck this piece of garbage. So now, what I’m given for tuition is gonna be taxed as income.

Deleted
    “The American people wanted change,” said Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.). “We were able to deliver.”
    Sounds like something you say when you fucked someone over so hard that you cant even attempt to sugarcoat it.

If only we had an entire forum for political shit. We could call it the politics forum or something.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...96d_story.html

Also, as a grad student, fuck this piece of garbage. So now, what I’m given for tuition is gonna be taxed as income.
    That is pretty much standard.. do you guys have no tax free amount you can earn before this actually applies to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That is pretty much standard.. do you guys have no tax free amount you can earn before this actually applies to you?
    Why would grants and loans be considered income?

The "tax free" amount is like 10k/year. So, like 2/3rds poverty level.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenjin View Post
    Sounds like something you say when you fucked someone over so hard that you cant even attempt to sugarcoat it.
    Barrasso is such a fucking snake. But he’s one in a veritable pit of them.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best to wait until the final tax code is done and signed into law. From the info I have seen so far, I , being a middle class retired citizen, I will see a small deduction in my taxes. Not a massive one as Trump calls it. lol! How much if any, is going to vary a lot I am sure with each case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Best to wait until the final tax code is done and signed into law. From the info I have seen so far, I , being a middle class retired citizen, I will see a small deduction in my taxes. Not a massive one as Trump calls it. lol! How much if any, is going to vary a lot I am sure with each case.
    Most of the rates change in 2021 where the vast majority of Americans will see an increase in taxes, the bill also cuts medicare and will result in increased premiums and 13 million people losing health care. I doubt the last minute added clauses by corporate lobbyists are going to make this bill better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already a thread on this in politics

Closing