Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    You're not helping me killing things faster when I can one shot the mobs my damn self and so can you, but I don't have some kind of simple aoe I can spam or something and you do.

If you're confused by this, consider playing the game with more skilled/geared players on a more high pop realm and see how it is.
    Any gear in the world will not 1 shot leveling-mobs on PTR right now before 100, they got 3x the health compared to live.

Having the slim chance of another player helping out, that benefits both players, will speed up things, instead of turning into a competition.

Before you throw in the High Pop realm, I play on one of the biggest EU Realms.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-02 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Please explain how did you get that wisdom regarding how many/which player play on which servers. Please enlighten us.
    Bro there are more players on high pop realms than there are on all mid/low pop realms in the game combined.

You do realize that there are places that actually track realm population stats right? You do realize that the actual server list in the actual game corresponds to those sites, right? You do know how to do basic math right?

You're not helping me killing things faster when I can one shot the mobs my damn self and so can you, but I don't have some kind of simple aoe I can spam or something and you do.

If you're confused by this, consider playing the game with more skilled/geared players on a more high pop realm and see how it is.
    Wait.. if you can one shot the mobs then no one is able to actually tag the mobs you are fighting right? So your problem doesn't exist. You literally aren't making any sense. If everyone can one shot mobs then tagging isn't an issue it is the respawn rate.

I preferred when people in the game world that weren't in your group mainly minded their own business and just did their own thing. I am utterly sick of having to "compete" with people to tag mobs and other nonsense, it's made for a more toxic game. With elite rare mobs and bosses it's fine, but everything else? Nah that shit needs to go.
    I assume you're simply trolling, because obviously mob-sharing stopped the competition for mobs, and not vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I assume you're simply trolling, because obviously mob-sharing stopped the competition for mobs, and not vice-versa.
    He is just one of those vanilla people that screech about anything retail. I'm done trying to wrap my head around what he is actually trying to say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Wait.. if you can one shot the mobs then no one is able to actually tag the mobs you are fighting right? So your problem doesn't exist. You literally aren't making any sense. If everyone can one shot mobs then tagging isn't an issue it is the respawn rate.
    This guy is right here, I mean if people are one shotting things before you can get to them and share a tag, then you are basically playing none shared mobs. So your point is nil and void!

There are no more "high-pop" realms since we are all sharded equally now (apart from some language/RP servers of course).
    And I still don't get why this would have made the situation worse for you. If there was no mob sharing, the one with the AoE would still have to kill the same - now reduced - amounts of mobs, this way you might even have a chance to tag one or two which otherwise you would not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Any gear in the world will not 1 shot leveling-mobs on PTR right now before 100, they got 3x the health compared to live.

Having the slim chance of another player helping out, that benefits both players, will speed up things, instead of turning into a competition.
    We're not talking about leveling or PTR anyways we're talking about the actual game. In the actual game more often than not, if I'm doing say a Falcosaur quest, unless I happen to get there when nobody else is around I am waiting for spawns. Why? Because everyone including myself can pull huge groups and kill them all in a couple seconds.

If that's not the case, usually there's people everywhere and mobs are just greyed out. If you're not experiencing that frequently you obviously do not play on a high pop realm. That's why you're always able to do your quests without these things, brain genius.

- - - Updated - - -

There are no more "high-pop" realms since we are all sharded equally now (apart from some language/RP servers of course).
    And I still don't get why this would have made the situation worse for you. If there was no mob sharing, the one with the AoE would still have to kill the same - now reduced - amounts of mobs, this way you might even have a chance to tag one or two which otherwise you would not have.
    That's not true. I have toons on a high pop realm and I have some on a lower pop realm now. When I log into Illidan I am always on a nearly full shard with Illidan players everywhere. Not the case on the lower populated realm in a different battlegroup.

Or are you one of those people that actually plays on a LOW pop realm so there aren't even enough people on your server for you to notice them around?

What's the difference? Well there are actually less players around on Illidan than usual because of sharding so mobs aren't spawning as frequent but because of other features in the game mobs are more frequently greyed out.

Like 2 people commenting on this thread even understand what this discussion is about and comprehend what the technical issues even are and the rest of you are just like "nah ah, u r wrong bro I use the world quest group add on and I just get my world quests done lickity split so fast it'll make your head spin way quicker than doing dailies b4!"

Good for you if things are better for you now, but they aren't universally better for everyone.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-12-02 at 10:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion leggo system was kind of crap at first, but honestly anyone that played the game regularly enough has all of them by now so the only down side was no catch up for people that joined the game well after launch.

But you know what I really miss? When doing a quest didn't mean 15 other people were all trying to attack the same mob at once.

I preferred when people in the game world that weren't in your group mainly minded their own business and just did their own thing. I am utterly sick of having to "compete" with people to tag mobs and other nonsense, it's made for a more toxic game. With elite rare mobs and bosses it's fine, but everything else? Nah that shit needs to go.

I don't even want to necessarily see other people's characters at all when I'm out trying to do some simple world content, I most certainly don't want to constantly have random people coming up and attacking things I'm already attacking. I say shared mob tagging needs to go. It would more than anything make me far more tolerant of being forced to play the game with other people in other areas of the game.
    I completly disagre.

First of all: Legendaries are still crap. If you try making an alt, getting a legendary you really want takes ALOT of time and the entire idea of legendaries might aswell only be implemented by half at alts.

And shared mob tagging is making questing better, no question. You are no longer running around hunting for mobs, because all current mobs are grey/tagged, since it does not happend anymore. Some people might be playing the system, but most people are just playing as intended and for them it is less stressfull to quest, especially in new content zones, where tagging was a pain before.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    "Why can't everyone else log out so I can play this MMO solo?"
    Sometimes, when the stupidity of a PuG raid spikes, I tell myself they're NPCs and the AI is stupid, which is why they died.

- - - Updated - - -

Legion leggo system was kind of crap at first, but honestly anyone that played the game regularly enough has all of them by now so the only down side was no catch up for people that joined the game well after launch.

But you know what I really miss? When doing a quest didn't mean 15 other people were all trying to attack the same mob at once.

I don't even want to necessarily see other people's characters at all when I'm out trying to do some simple world content, I most certainly don't want to constantly have random people coming up and attacking things I'm already attacking. I say shared mob tagging needs to go. It would more than anything make me far more tolerant of being forced to play the game with other people in other areas of the game.
    There were always 15 people trying to tag a mob. Now you don't have to form a que to tag mobs. Either play a solo game or accept that mob tagging is far better now than it has ever been for an mmo.

That's not true. I have toons on a high pop realm and I have some on a lower pop realm now. When I log into Illidan I am always on a nearly full shard with Illidan players everywhere. Not the case on the lower populated realm in a different battlegroup.

Or are you one of those people that actually plays on a LOW pop realm so there aren't even enough people on your server for you to notice them around?
    Actually I am playing on Antonidas, the highest populated german PVE server, which also happens to be one of the largest EU servers. And I also play on Gilneas, which was once big but is dead now for several xpacs. And there is zero difference between the people around, no matter where I play. And finally you could also join one of the groups in the tool if you think there are less populated shards.

And even if this was an issue, as I already said if there was no mob sharing the situation would be exactly five times worse, so I still don't get your argument

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    We're not talking about leveling or PTR anyways we're talking about the actual game. In the actual game more often than not, if I'm doing say a Falcosaur quest, unless I happen to get there when nobody else is around I am waiting for spawns. Why? Because everyone including myself can pull huge groups and kill them all in a couple seconds.

If that's not the case, usually there's people everywhere and mobs are just greyed out. If you're not experiencing that frequently you obviously do not play on a high pop realm. That's why you're always able to do your quests without these things, brain genius.
    And when it is 1 mob = 1 player, you'd see even more grey mobs, you really want that?

I play on one of the biggest realms on the dominant faction (Draenor EU), I used to play on a realm with lots of opposite faction CRZ and it was 100x worse.

Changing the tagging will not reduce the number of players, or competition, it will increase it as less players can complete the world quests, they will not go away just because they are annoyed, no they want that AP/Gold/Rep/Emmisary.

Realm balance has more effect on tagging then total population, there's a tech called Sharding. More opposite faction players = more group finder = even more grey mobs.

Maybe play at late night on some backwater RP realm if you want solo zone-control.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-02 at 11:02 PM.

I don't even want to necessarily see other people's characters at all when I'm out trying to do some simple world content
    You really didn't think very hard before you posted this did you? I've only looked halfway down the first page but I'm betting you're still taking shit for this over the next two pages.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    What are you complaining about? Shared tagging system is infinitely much better than each ungrouped player having to wait for a separate spawn like in the good ol' Vanilla.

What amazes me that half of the people don't even bother to loot their kills, even with lvl 1000 legendaries dropping from random trash mobs. It's annoying when I'm on my LW.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post

What amazes me that half of the people don't even bother to loot their kills, even with lvl 1000 legendaries dropping from random trash mobs. It's annoying when I'm on my LW.
    Imo they should let mobs be skinnable if you looted it yourself, on a first come-first serve basis. The other players could still loot but maybe tag the mobs with some "already skinned" status.

Actually I am playing on Antonidas, the highest populated german PVE server, which also happens to be one of the largest EU servers. And I also play on Gilneas, which was once big but is dead now for several xpacs. And there is zero difference between the people around, no matter where I play. And finally you could also join one of the groups in the tool if you think there are less populated shards.

And even if this was an issue, as I already said if there was no mob sharing the situation would be exactly five times worse, so I still don't get your argument
    Actually the population of your realm is not even half the population of mine. You are not on a high pop server. That's why things are different for you at least partway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You really didn't think very hard before you posted this did you? I've only looked halfway down the first page but I'm betting you're still taking shit for this over the next two pages.
    I'm talking shit? No I'm talking about my actual experience in game which a lot of other people also regularly experience and you and bunch of other people are like NAH AH MY PERSONAL EXPEIRENCE IS DIFFF THEREFORE UR WONG HURRRR.

How about you leave the discussion since you're not interested in discussing anything?

I don't understand what you and everyone else's damage seems to be on this forum but more often than not there's some loud mouth know-it-all jerk like you that chimes in on a thread to kill discussions not participate in them.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm talking shit? No I'm talking about my actual experience in game which a lot of other people also regularly experience and you and bunch of other people are like NAH AH MY PERSONAL EXPEIRENCE IS DIFFF THEREFORE UR WONG HURRRR.

How about you leave the discussion since you're not interested in discussing anything?

I don't understand what you and everyone else's damage seems to be on this forum but more often than not there's some loud mouth know-it-all jerk like you that chimes in on a thread to kill discussions not participate in them.
    How about you actually read what I said before flying off the handle?

I didn't say you were "Talking Shit" I said you were "Taking Shit". For making a complaint about not being able to play all by yourself in a MMO.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    How about you actually read what I said before flying off the handle?

I didn't say you were "Talking Shit" I said you were "Taking Shit". For making a complaint about not being able to play all by yourself in a MMO.
    I was actually just emphasizing how little tolerance I have for other people who play this game, like you. For example. Brain genius.

Just because it's an MMORPG does not mean the content has to be designed to force you to constantly interact with other players, especially not people who are incredibly annoying twat-waffles that go out of their way to disrupt your experience. They took things to an extreme in Legion with world quests. Daily quests were less rewarding, but also were for anyone that wasn't on a realm with a low or medium population, completed faster and always far less tedious without having to compete with people for mobs on any kind of level close to what it is now.

If your questing experience is faster you're using world quest group finder, that's why it's faster for you now. Has fuck all to do with anything else. I mean a lot of you are literally trying to tell me that I'm wrong about my own experience which you have not yourself experienced and so this discussion has mainly been banal nonsense.

Trust me, daily quests weren't slow and there was no god damn mob queue since they made it so mob respawns are based on the amount of players in an area, especially not on extremely high pop realms because they have extremely more people on them all of the time and therefore mob respawns were already extremely faster than other realms. What I am telling you is on the whole, shit spawns slower for us on Illidan now. A lot of you could have had your faster questing without disrupting that if Blizzard just merged realms.

But naaaaaaaah Legendary System is bad because you don't play the game often enough to have all of yours on even a single toon, but shared mob tagging and CRZ is AWESOME because you don't want to play on a high pop realm.

And according to you I'm over here like I should just be playing a single player game because I cannot stand most people who play this game as they are just plain not likeable people.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-12-02 at 11:37 PM.

Maybe you'd be better off playing a singleplayer game?

I was actually just emphasizing how little tolerance I have for other people who play this game, like you. For example. Brain genius.
    Then stop playing the game.

And don't play the victim because you didn't get the hero welcome you think you deserve.

And "Brain genius"? Is that the best you can come up with?