Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When was pvp the most balanced?

In your opinion of course.

I didn’t think it was very balanced in WoD and from the little I have done this expansion it doesn’t seem better. I do remember MoP being a lot fun, but I only did serious pvp back in wrath

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    seems like every season had its fair share of bullshit. speaking for myself, someone who pvp\d pretty extensively from vanilla to cata, i had most fun in BC. i played a demo lock, not the sl/sl build but a full demo lock and was able to get gladiator during s2 in 2s with a disc priest and almost got it in 3s with the same priest and a hunter but barely missed the cut off. i cant remember what my battlegroup was, stormstrike i think? it wasnt the top group but it wasnt a slouch either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure 'never' is the correct answer here.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

season 7 was most balanced.

End of WotlK. Every spec was viable, time to kill was quick but not at 'oneshot' levels, healers were powerful but manastarved in reasonable time if you applied enough pressure; And even shadowmourne heroes were killable.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    When shamans could kite rogues by spamming frost shock while backpedaling and attacking warlocks meant certain death unless you could remove 3 dots.
    Last edited by thilicen; 2017-11-28 at 07:24 AM.

Deleted
    Don't remember the balance side but most for me was in Vanilla.

only fun now is throw people down from the lumber mill in AB and from the flag in EotS with an Explosive Trap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post

I didn’t think it was very balanced in WoD and from the little I have done this expansion it doesn’t seem better. I do remember MoP being a lot fun, but I only did serious pvp back in wrath
    I prefered PVP back in TBC. There are obvious flaws in every expansion, but I liked the fact every class didn't have a near spammable CC, selfhealing etc. You didn't have a shit ton of abilities either which made arena more fun to play imo.

The game was never balanced, every season has a fotm spec or class that has a smooth sailing to duelist and higher. I would say that the best balance was probably late wotlk, once they fixed all the prot paladin healing bullshit and double healer shadowmourne blood dk bullshit etc, but not end of wotlk where casters had it way too easy.

Unpopular opinion, but I believe it was most balanced on S16 (AKA WoD Season 1).

It was the only season I played that every combination of class + role (not considering tanks, as they were never really viable on PVP) had a viable comp.

That being said, I would say S8 was a very decent season as well. Other than that it hard to think of another balance one.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing pvp for real in cataclysm, and i honestly cant remember pvp ever being "balanced".

Season 15 in MoP..tons of viable comps/specs. Before the pruning, ranged and healers had the toolkit to deal with the insane amount of gap closers melee has. Melee had the toolkit to outplay ranged and cross cc to score kills.

I found it to be a lot more fun than the Legion meta of blowing people up through cooldowns.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post

I have to go with Season 3 & 4. Ret/Arms 2s. Ret/Arms/Rdruid 3s. HPally/Arms/EleShaman/Frost Mage/Disc 5s. Those 2 seasons where the only time where all 3 brackets were balanced.

Most fun season however was Cataclysm's first season -.... probably because i was undefeated in 2s, 3s, and RBGs.

Season 1 of MoP because I could wreck all with my shadow priest. I ROFL'd on rogues which was the best part of it.

But seriously, I don't know. I don't play enough and I'm not very good a PvP to tell you.
    I click my spellbook.
    ---BfA Alpha Club---

Really difficult question, as how many of us actually seriously play every spec and class, not dabble, seriously play. I'm guessing very few to none of us. As a result everyone has a different view of when things worked and when they did not depending on how viable the classes / specs they played were at the time.

I most enjoyed around season 7 to say 11 i think, was fun being a priest. Would not say those two expansions were at all balanced though, they really were not.

Deleted
    Season 7-8 in Wotlk and whateeverseasonit was last in Wod.

Most fun? Wotlk. I preferred the fast paced pvp then instead of the "keep hitting your buttons untill the giant hp pool stops being healed and your target dies" style it is now.

I would say BC season 3-4 if not for SL/SL Locks, Resto Druids and Mace / Stormherald Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    season 7 was most balanced.
    tank warriors: unkillable and doing 2x the damage a normal DPS while having 3x as much stuns as a rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I would say BC season 3-4 if not for SL/SL Locks, Resto Druids and Mace / Stormherald Warriors.
    pretty sure mace build was nerfed in s3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    End of WotlK. Every spec was viable, time to kill was quick but not at 'oneshot' levels, healers were powerful but manastarved in reasonable time if you applied enough pressure; And even shadowmourne heroes were killable.
    Came here to say this. WotLK just did so many things right, including PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    pretty sure mace build was nerfed in s3
    Aye, they put them Stormherald and mace stun on the same DR as each other (and i think the same DR as charge/intercept stun), which made it pretty useless. Sword/Axe spec went back to being king, depending on your race.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.