Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dumbed down=dumb

I am sorry Blizzard, but I feel I REALLY need to write this thread, since the game is in such a horrid state in my opinion.

I want to be clear that this thread is largely about PvP, although the trend towards dumbing down is in fact game wide.

For many years now, the game design approach in WoW has CLEARLY been to reduce depth, complexity, and challenge, even if it was CALLED "quality of life changes," etc. The truth is that again and again the game has been gutted of skill factors, such as the need to actually use class buffs in order to gain benefit from them for example. It was surprising how often people didn't even buff their team in normal BGs for example, meaning that it was actually a SKILL BASED thing, and taking them away was far more than just a "quality of life change" in reality, if one is being honest and objective. This is even more true when you factor in the need to rebuff as purges happened in PvP.

My main issue with all of this Blizzard, is that you aren't just coming out and admitting that the game is being "dumbed down" there OK, and you are trying to ACT like the game is "better than ever," when in reality it's a pile of shit compared to what it was in TBC. The community is a mere shadow of what it once was skill-wise OK, and the cold hard truth is that this happened because you quite literally drove away MANY of the hardcore/good players back in the day.

The game is simply NOT better than ever OK, when there is really no class balance at all right now, which is just a disaster for game design. We are in a game state right now where there are specs that have like 9 ways out of 10 MASSIVE advantage over others, and we are seeing situations where some of the worst players in the game are taking down the best, simply because of EXTREME imbalance. If anyone wants to argue with me about this, I am ready, willing, and able to CRUSH you with THE TRUTH and LOGIC OK!!!! There is no balance, and that's just a fact in objective reality, and it's a DAMN LIE, and an INSULT to people like myself who are playing specs like Frost Mage to act like there is.

The community is now basically a wasteland of skill-less, delusional, entitled players, who have no problem with the game being really unfair, as long as they "get theirs" in this way, which one only needs to roll X, Y, or Z spec to benefit from.

But then there are players like myself, who are going to play whatever spec they TRULY want to play, which in my case has been Frost Mage. I honestly wouldn't mind if it was challenging, but to realistic level, where it's possible for me to overcome with skill, but so often it's just not right now OK. So often I can't even come close to killing a Warrior, DH, etc. since it's simply not possible to deal with their numerous massive advantages over my spec.

This all adds up to what I call "free kills," and it's without a doubt extremely NOT epic OK, which is really quite contradictory to what WoW was way back in the day, since it really did used to be epic back then......but not anymore OK.

When people who can hardly even move their toon kill me simply because you about can't miss with Charge>Execute, Grip, etc. then it really makes you wonder what in the hell happened to WoW. I know the answer though, and it's that it was dumbed down OK.

Blizz, when you "dumb the game down" it becomes dumb OK.

Who would have known, right????

Myself and certain others it would seem, since we have been telling you this for over 10 years OK.

And Blizz, if you think the game is doing fine???

Then why in the hell did LOL have SEVEN DAMN TIMES the Twitch viewers of WoW the other night???

Why indeed, right???

Is it perhaps because dumbed down=dumb???

Could that possibly be it???
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-12-03 at 05:16 AM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

They clearly read these "QQ" posts. Sorry little mage, better luck next time.
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Destriel View Post
    They clearly read these "QQ" posts. Sorry little mage, better luck next time.
    Little Mage lol???

I am EASILY the best Mage, and am even the greatest player in general for PvP that this game as ever seen YO.

Ironically lol.

I just broke SIX THOUSAND BG WINS since late MoP by the way.

If only it was about what you say, instead of what is.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't expect many responses on this one, since what can anyone really say???

It needed to be said though, since the game is such a pile of shit now.

Once again, I am right about the game, and it's just as simple as that OK.

Who would have known, right???

Since I just like chain keep being right.....
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-12-03 at 05:40 AM.

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

If you think that remembering to buff people is a skill then you are really bad at this game. It takes no skill to remember to buff, it takes experience to think of it, or addons to remind you. Skill is things like knowing when to CC, knowing how to fake out silences, knowing when to switch targets, knowing how to make enemies waste their CDs. All of these things are what separate a decent player from a great player, those mark skill, as well as many other things. Thinks that actually require skill are enjoyable to do and work around, as you can improve. Having to re-buff isn't fun, there isn't skill, there is remembering "BG started, I need to buff people".

I still have to drop warlock cookies down whenever I join a BG or arena, that doesn't mean I have skill for doing so, just something my class brings. It takes no less skill for me to drop a single thing for other people to click on than when I had to manually make one, trade it to someone, rinse and repeat. That sucked. Horribly. And honestly meant it didn't usually happen, least not for everyone, because it took too long and the BG started before I could get them to everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

Your saying the game is bad compared to TBC, then you say the current class balance is bad.

That's cute.

Also you're saying the worst players are beating the best players, I guess in PvP? That's fundamentally incorrect. The PvP leaderboards typically see the same people at the top, me being one of them. Bad players are not getting top 200.

Also you're complaining about Warriors and DH 'etc.' as a Frost Mage. I'm doing pretty fine as one myself. Sounds like a L2P issue. There is plenty of Frost Mage representation in the PvP leaderboards for 3v3.

And you say WoW has not a lot of Twitch viewers because it's a dumb game, which is retarded because LoL is just a dumb Dota yet has more viewers than Dota. CSGO and SC2 are highly strategic games yet have faded and are fading into video game history, RB6:S never even gained significant traction on Twitch as another skill based FPS. So what your saying is absolute nonsense. Fighting games are highly skill dependant and yet do not exist on Twitch, some games and genre's just aren't suitable to spectate.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-12-03 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    If you think that remembering to buff people is a skill then you are really bad at this game. It takes no skill to remember to buff, it takes experience to think of it, or addons to remind you. Skill is things like knowing when to CC, knowing how to fake out silences, knowing when to switch targets, knowing how to make enemies waste their CDs. All of these things are what separate a decent player from a great player, those mark skill, as well as many other things. Thinks that actually require skill are enjoyable to do and work around, as you can improve. Having to re-buff isn't fun, there isn't skill, there is remembering "BG started, I need to buff people".

I still have to drop warlock cookies down whenever I join a BG or arena, that doesn't mean I have skill for doing so, just something my class brings. It takes no less skill for me to drop a single thing for other people to click on than when I had to manually make one, trade it to someone, rinse and repeat. That sucked. Horribly. And honestly meant it didn't usually happen, least not for everyone, because it took too long and the BG started before I could get them to everyone.
    Na, your logic is horrid, since I very much AM NOT bad at this game.

Ironically, I was THE BEST at rebuffing in combat, WAY before I was the best overall at PvP.

It's so ironic lol, since I was like CLOCKWORK with it, and was no shit MORE POWERFUL in game because of it, then you SAY I am bad since I think that class buffs were skill based???

You are trash at PvP OK, and not me.......ironically.

I know this, since you clearly don't understand the skill factors that were involved with class buffs in relation to PvP AT ALL.

Did you win SIX THOUSAND BGs since late MoP there???

Did anyone else lol???

No much???

I am no good though, right???

Since you said???

Hater.....
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-12-03 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagusHenosis View Post
    -SNIP-
    So your rebuttal to their critique is "Lol I'm good, you suck!"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    CSGO and SC2 are highly strategic games yet have faded and are fading into video game history,
    CS:GO is going nowhere, there are literally no normal streamers or pros streaming cs:go, thats why the viewership is bad.

But when a tournament is on CS:GO easily gets 500-700k for non majors and 1+ Mil for Majors.

Saying CS:GO is dying like SC2 is dumb when it gets 10 times as many viewers when tournaments are on.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Your saying the game is bad compared to TBC, then you say the current class balance is bad.

That's cute.

Also you're saying the worst players are beating the best players, I guess in PvP? That's fundamentally incorrect. The PvP leaderboards typically see the same people at the top, me being one of them. Bad players are not getting top 200.

Also you're complaining about Warriors and DH 'etc.' as a Frost Mage. I'm doing pretty fine as one myself. Sounds like a L2P issue. There is plenty of Frost Mage representation in the PvP leaderboards for 3v3.

And you say WoW has not a lot of Twitch viewers because it's a dumb game, which is retarded because LoL is just a dumb Dota yet has more viewers than Dota. CSGO and SC2 are highly strategic games yet have faded and are fading into video game history, RB6:S never even gained significant traction on Twitch as another skill based FPS. So what your saying is absolute nonsense. Fighting games are highly skill dependant and yet do not exist on Twitch, some games and genre's just aren't suitable to spectate.
    Leaderboards lol???

I DON'T EVEN DO RATED PVP!!!

THINK ABOUT THAT!!!

All the ass that I kick, as the 1000s upon of 1000s of BG wins tick by........is NOT DOING RATED PVP AT ALL LOL!!!

There is a whole slew of different types of things that players do in this game OK, and rated PvP is just a tiny fraction of it all.

It just so happens to be where a LOT of cheating goes on as well, and I know this since I used to do higher level rated myself OK, including playing against Abn once, so I know what "that level" is like from personal experience.

I have news for you OK, I just shit on everyone now......I really do OK. I am killing at least 5 players at once now BY MYSELF at times in WPvP........AND AS A FROST MAGE!!!! This is just mind blowing to even me OK, and I don't heal AT ALL, and the spec is just extremely horrid compared to some of the atom bomb power level specs in the game right now, where they just don't seem to lose very much......no matter how bad they are!!!

MY SKILL KNOWS NO EQUAL OK, AND Y'ALL WOULD BE WISE TO BE MORE REALISTIC ABOUT THIS, SINCE CARING ABOUT THE TRUTH GIVES YOU SUPER SAYIAN POWERS!!!

I AM STRAIGHT APEX, AND I KNOW IT NO LESS!!!

I DIDN'T GET HERE BY DENYING REALITY OK (LIKE SO MANY OF YOU DO).......I ASSURE YOU!!!!!

Try not to hate there......
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-12-03 at 06:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sorry Blizzard, but I feel I REALLY need to write this thread, since the game is in such a horrid state in my opinion.
    Well if in your opinion the game is horrid state, why do you still play it? Is blizzard taking you hostage?

Then why in the hell did LOL have SEVEN DAMN TIMES the Twitch viewers of WoW the other night???
    Because wow is not entertaining game it watch, that's always been the case
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

All the ass that I kick, as the 1000s upon of 1000s of BG wins tick by........is NOT DOING RATED PVP AT ALL LOL!!!
    No one really cares how many wins you have or don't have. I'm not even sure why this post is in the General Discussion thread when it should be in the PvP section.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ironically, I was THE BEST at rebuffing in combat, WAY before I was the best overall at PvP.
    Fuck, that's so hilarious. I wish i would play a shaman against your THE BEST at rebuffing in combat mana-dependent mage.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

If you put this much effort IRL vs a game... you could go places.

Leaderboards lol???

I DON'T EVEN DO RATED PVP!!!

THINK ABOUT THAT!!!

There is a whole slew of different types of things that players do in this game OK, and rated PvP is just a tiny fraction of it all.

It just so happens to be where a LOT of cheating goes on as well, and I know this since I used to do higher level rated myself OK, including playing against Abn once, so I know what "that level" is like from personal experience.

I have news for you OK, I just shit on everyone now......I really do OK. I am killing at least 5 players at once now BY MYSELF at times in WPvP........AND AS A FROST MAGE!!!! This is just mind blowing to even me OK, and I don't heal AT ALL, and the spec is just extremely horrid compared to some of the atom bomb power level specs in the game right now, where they just don't seem to lose very much......no matter how bad they are!!!

MY SKILL KNOWS NO EQUAL OK, AND Y'ALL WOULD BE WISE TO BE MORE REALISTIC ABOUT THIS, SINCE CARING ABOUT THE TRUTH AS MUCH AS I DO GIVES YOU SUPER SAYIAN POWERS!!!

I am STRAIGHT APEX, AND I KNOW IT NO LESS!!!

Try not to hate there......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post
    CS:GO is going nowhere, there are literally no normal streamers or pros streaming cs:go, thats why the viewership is bad.

But when a tournament is on CS:GO easily gets 500-700k for non majors and 1+ Mil for Majors.

Saying CS:GO is dying like SC2 is dumb when it gets 10 times as many viewers when tournaments are on.
    The only reason cs:go even exists is its gambling part, and, well, it's really streaming-friendly.

With SC2 tournaments not being that popular - that's fair, you have to know players who play on tournaments, and to do that you can't just hop into blizzcon, you have to kinda follow the sports
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-12-03 at 06:34 AM.

6/10, you made it obvious that you were trolling when you started rambling on about how good you are.

But, you did get some bites, I'll give you that.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    So your rebuttal to their critique is "Lol I'm good, you suck!"?
    It's funny that you menton this lol, since actually.....when it comes to myself......this is actually quite relevant.

Look YO, I am like Tiger Woods/Wayne Gretzky, etc. where I am just a prodigy on charge FOR REAL, and quite frankly, I am making y'all look bad.

Hey, I prob wouldn't have even written any this.....but you did basically ask lol, no matter what your motivation was......funny enough.

The truth is, that I am now in fact in a league of my own skill wise when it comes to PvP, and there really is no debating this anymore, since I am killing ALL THE PLAYERS like 1v5+ at times in WPvP, and am causing it to become like a 17v1, just to control me lol.

Guys, if I stream, you will see ALL of this OK......and it's just mind blowing YO, how hard I go, since I have NO FEAR, since I KNOW HOW GOOD ALL OF YOU ARE, AND YOU ARE NOT LIKE ME!!! Knowing that allows me to just fly across the battlefield like the Grim Reaper, taking all the souls.

I am so not kidding when I tell you that I do not fear ANY OF YOU in PvP, since you didn't win over 6,000 BGs since late MoP on a Frost Mage, now did you???

Are these FACTS not relevant???

I honestly ask you.
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-12-03 at 06:52 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    you're either the worst troll ever, or just plain dumb. is your thread title about yourself?

-SNIP-
    So when you decided to troll us this evening was it just because you were bored and needed something to do, you were in between queues for dungeons, lfr, or random bgs or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Blizzard,

Nerf Rock. Paper is fine.

Signed,
    Scissors

I think they're just trying to make abilities more transparent for esports, because from a spectator standpoint it was boring as shit to watch before, now it's almost bearable.