Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    What i miss most is meh class design, awful class/spec balance, terrible itemization, and bugs out the fucking wazoo.

Goooood times.

Sarcasm aside i loved vanilla at the time but no way am i going back to it unless they make significant changes, likely the exact kinds of changes that will make other people not want to play it. So i have no clue what they want to do but whatever it is i hope it works out well for the people who've been asking for this for years.
    Ily mmoc

I would expect battle.net integration so that might be ruined.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    the RPG elements that existed in vanilla. Talents, stance dancing, weapon skills aspects that more or less invested you in your character plus the removal of a constant lever puller simulation. People are so fixated on Vanilla that they ignore a lot of the great things we've lost for a more streamlined mainstream game which sucks.
    I agree. While I do want to see the old content again, even more I'd like to see the whole of current WoW content changed to use vanilla systems and design philosophies.

Today? Gear. That is the only progression. /snore.
    You are still putting talent points into your char?! Also gear was the only progression in classic once you hit level cap. What are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    u forgot caster dpsers going oom from dpsing too hard, having to learn to manage their mana.
    Thats going to take some getting used to again lol. Remembering to buy food and drinks too. Unless you are a mage in which case you are food and drink, and omg I just remembered being a mage and having to make appropriate level drinks and food for people as they didn't scale back then lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I remember 'wanding' being a thing mid fights some times. Pretty sure alliance side (which I was) we had judgement of wisdom.

Edit: This was in reposes to someone talking about mana batteries. Still wasn't as strong as vampiric touch was in TBC, but it was still something, assuming you had paladins who would take the time to judge.
    This along with Blessing of Salvation was why Alliance was ez mode in Vanilla. Shaman were just like an aggro heart attack forcing good players to hold back so as to not die in some instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    That's the Vanilla I remember, that's the Vanilla I'm looking forward to again.
    Nah, that's obviously only nostalgia and rose-tinted glasses and so on. You actually were very bored, you just imagined you were having fun !
    /s

(the worst part is, there IS lots of people who would say the same without the sarcasm)

Running oom then bandaging people. I had a few epic saves with those.
    Everything mattered then. Every action had an effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    I'll be more excited when mods eventually ban "bait threads" like

"Don't you hate when.."
    "I realize that.."
    "My penis is small but.."

On topic, I'm excited to give Vanilla a fair try. Looks like fun.
    If you like a slower paced WOW, if you get excited for item drops (wich are much more relevant in classic), if you like doing pre raid stuff that actually have meaning, if you like getting BIS gear that is not tied to current Ilvl, if you actually like using brain while attacking a mob and know how to analize the situation pre engaging and so on then you will have a blast. Any ways give it a go, social aspect is also WAY different so you might just like it To be honest its worth going back to beginnings. They are always fun. To be honest i miss the time of mana management, class reagents and stuff. Everything you did had some weight back then. Classes actually had some roles that could not be replaced by other classes like having certan buffs or debuffs, having rolles split as raid heals and main tank heals and all sorts of diferent rolles. I hated being stuck in endless chains and daily quests during Legion. And i hate the fact that one class can perform the actions of 5 different ones now a days only diference betwen classes being their damage or healing done.

the RPG elements that existed in vanilla. Talents, stance dancing, weapon skills aspects that more or less invested you in your character plus the removal of a constant lever puller simulation. People are so fixated on Vanilla that they ignore a lot of the great things we've lost for a more streamlined mainstream game which sucks.
    You mean go out to Blasted Lands and autoattack the guy that does not die.......Yeah that is some real RPG there.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    yea i wish we could have modern wow with vanilla systems that would be more exciting
    That on the surface sounds like a great deal of fun! Seriously I like it!

However just one thing comes to mind first. The thought of the old leveling system / experience required / lack of quests / slow xp grinds for 120 level gives me nightmares just thinking how long it would take to get max level.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Quote Originally Posted by shifu View Post
    However just one thing comes to mind first. The thought of the old leveling system / experience required / lack of quests / slow xp grinds for 120 level gives me nightmares just thinking how long it would take to get max level.
    It's really feeling like beating a dead horse, but fuck it drives me insane to see it again and again.
    So, ONCE AGAIN :

There. Was. Never. A. Lack. Of. Quests. In. Vanilla. Ever. Ever. Ever.
    You just needed to switch zone.

And leveling was fun in Vanilla. I don't see the problem with long leveling if it's FUN !

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It's really feeling like beating a dead horse, but fuck it drives me insane to see it again and again.
    So, ONCE AGAIN :

There. Was. Never. A. Lack. Of. Quests. In. Vanilla. Ever. Ever. Ever.
    You just needed to switch zone.

And leveling was fun in Vanilla. I don't see the problem with long leveling if it's FUN !
    By switch zones you mean go all the way out to Desolace to do quests that are green to you that you out after finishing half the zone and get stuck grinding again until some quests in Swamp of Sorrows are the right level for you. It was the poor quest design and lack of a concrete story that people are complaining about. The quests in Vanilla were THE WORST.

Want a good leveling experience go play SWTOR, just about the only thing it did right.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    By switch zones you mean go all the way out to Desolace to do quests that are green to you that you out after finishing half the zone and get stuck grinding again until some quests in Swamp of Sorrows are the right level for you. It was the poor quest design and lack of a concrete story that people are complaining about. The quests in Vanilla were THE WORST.
    There was never any "grinding", but yeah sometimes you had to move farther to find new quests (you can always find yellow ones though).
    Want a good leveling experience go play SWTOR, just about the only thing it did right.
    SWTOR is even more of a single-player game than WoW, though
    And honestly, yeah the stories are pleasant, but leveling has become so braindead (it's even easier than current WoW one, if you have a companion as a healer I really don't see how you can die except as a personal challenge, your health doesn't even move with two entire group ; that's the only game I could ACTUALLY get AFK while in fight, come back and still be at full health) that the whole "game" part is simply boring to death. Gear is pointless, talents are pointless, basically everything outside of the cutscenes is completely pointless.
    Classic leveling is MUCH better than SWTOR one (though SWTOR class stories are pretty good).

And if you don't like WoW leveling, really Classic is probably not a good fit, it's half of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrieus View Post
    Your actually saying vanilla had better gameplay?

I could not even cast my totem on my shaman during MC as i did nkt have any mana o.O
    This is likely due to not gearing correctly (mp5) or spending mana inefficiently. Assuming you were playing enhancement, you'd conserve for totem twisting and spend excess mana on downranked spells to proc free casts.

Vanilla having better gameplay is opinion. Many prefer that style, and you're welcome to like a more recent style. Neither opinions are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Nah, that's obviously only nostalgia and rose-tinted glasses and so on. You actually were very bored, you just imagined you were having fun !
    /s

(the worst part is, there IS lots of people who would say the same without the sarcasm)
    I bolded the important part, because there IS (spelling remain unchanged for extra comedic effect) lots of people who believe they can recreate discovering new world... with the same world.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    I bolded the important part, because there IS (spelling remain unchanged for extra comedic effect) lots of people who believe they can recreate discovering new world... with the same world.
    Congratz, you are part of the idiots who don't get the point.
    Here is a cookie.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-12-05 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    I don't think anyone is claiming they are discovering a new world. Some people who played then simply prefer having their characters 'live' in the old world. It had a different look, different pace and different and a feel to it.

I'd estimate that more people who currently play Wow prefer the Live version with all of its conveniences, etc. Some of us prefer the old game with the old world in it. It's just a matter of taste. Trying to deny a subjective preference for something like a video game seems extremely silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    I don't think anyone is claiming they are discovering a new world. Some people who played then simply prefer having their characters 'live' in the old world. It had a different look, different pace and different and a feel to it.

I'd estimate that more people who currently play Wow prefer the Live version with all of its conveniences, etc. Some of us prefer the old game with the old world in it. It's just a matter of taste. Trying to deny a subjective preference for something like a video game seems extremely silly.
    Not denying, just saying that nostalgia has the biggest part in this preference.

Thanks for sharing.