Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    where is all that preorder bonus nonsense coming from?

Bluepost: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...?page=1#post-1
    Posted by Lore
    Note that since development of the new expansion is now in full swing, datamining sites are likely to see some bits and pieces of features that are part of Battle for Azeroth (such as Allied Races).

Allied Races are an expansion feature, but so were Demon Hunters... could go either way.

People would appreciate being able to level new characters before the expansion - especially raiders. Gives people something to do during the content drought. People don't like the rushed feeling of leveling that new expansions kind of force on people who want to experience end-game content with friends who are otherwise racing to the finish line. Releasing the new races for leveling before the expansion launches would let people level at their own pace until the expansion. (Gives them time to take it all in, and appreciate the scaling tech.)

They are gonna hit live with 8.0 pre order or not pre order

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I understand that, but given there's a lot of websites wher eyou can sell your keys nowadays helps a bit as well, though I do agree a different solution should be offered by blizzard.
    Which, again, is retarded. Why would someone go to a 3rd party site to pay the EXACT SAME PRICE for a key they can get from Blizzard itself and not risk scam, etc.?

Yeah, the 'precedent' with the annual subscription deal probably seems different to them, because they make that offer to you, rather than you deciding to buy the game 2 times. I personally would be ok with and option on a 3 months worth of sub, maybe even 2. They'd be getting the better deal out of this regardless.
    No, it's the same. Purchase on copy of the game and then if you buy an upgrade to the CE, you get the difference back in a refund of some kind that allows Blizzard to keep the money. The reason it worked with Diablo III was the base game was $60 which was the same as 4 months of WoW and, since the initial purchase was tied to a WoW deal, giving subscription time was the ideal solution.

Yeah, no. This is kind of like buying something in a store to use for a couple of months, only to request a refund when you buy a better version later. You wouldn't be getting this option in a real store either.
    See above.

Final Fantasy XIV has pre-order benefits for people who buy a physical game as well. When I ordered it, I was sent a key by the store which I could activate for beta access/early access. This is something I would prefer Blizzard to do as well, to unlock the pre-order benefits like earlier access to Allied races. The mounts and such I'm not too fussed about. The only thing you can't really control then is if a person would cancel their purchase in the store, but then you could always choose to disable the access to those characters on, or the day after launch. Once they add a valid key they would once again get access to those characters.
    That was one of the things we told Blizzard that they could do back in WoD & Legion... they refused to listen... both times. Hence the reason whoever is making these decisions is utterly stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedon View Post
    Which, again, is retarded. Why would someone go to a 3rd party site to pay the EXACT SAME PRICE for a key they can get from Blizzard itself and not risk scam, etc.?
    I never spoke about selling it for the same price, I simply said you could sell it. If you'd sell it for 10 euro's (or whichever your preferred currency is) cheaper and you'd still have 3 months worth of sub. Given the current circumstances it's a choice you either make, or don't.

No, it's the same. Purchase on copy of the game and then if you buy an upgrade to the CE, you get the difference back in a refund of some kind that allows Blizzard to keep the money. The reason it worked with Diablo III was the base game was $60 which was the same as 4 months of WoW and, since the initial purchase was tied to a WoW deal, giving subscription time was the ideal solution.

See above.
    No, you didn't buy Diablo 3, you got that as a free gift together with Tyrael's charger for sticking with WoW for a period of 12 months. You did however buy the CE, for which they changed your free gift of Diablo 3 into another, which was gametime for WoW.

That was one of the things we told Blizzard that they could do back in WoD & Legion... they refused to listen... both times. Hence the reason whoever is making these decisions is utterly stupid.
    I've been suggesting this for yers myself, and yes, I'm still puzzled as why they don't walk a similar route, but very sadly it is what it is.

New races with heritage armor + new level scaling tech and a content drought

Blizzard would be really, really stupid NOT to have the allied races as a preorder bonus

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    If they don't release those 4 Allied Races then sub numbers are going to hit an all time low. Basically nothing was shown off at Blizzcon. Islands and Warfronts were no where to be seen.

I'd wager we have 10-12 months of Antorus coming up. The drought has begun.
    Yup. Beat Heroic Argus early this morning and then went on to get my Demon hunter’s challenge appearance not long ago. With no interest in grinding Mythic for levelling gear that’ll be replaced within an hour of starting the new expansion I’m running out of content to do pretty fast. If there’s no allied races or other content to help stave off the drought then I personally will be unsubscribing until they’re added.

That said, them not releasing Allied races pretty sharpish would be an absolutely horrible missed marketing and sub retention opportunity, which isn’t something Blizzard are known for. So I have hope they won’t miss an opportunity to slash the content drought in Twain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post

The guy who made that blue post is Lore. What he says should always be taken with a gigantic grain of salt, he’s been known to push false information off as fact.

That does not mean we wont get it as a pre-order bonus in 7.3.5.

Deleted
    How about this: We get the four races pretty soon after 7.3.5 release and the trolls and dwarfs are the races that comes in pre order expansion part.

From my perspective it makes a whole lot of sense for the first Allied Races to launch with 7.3.5 I'm currently not playing, but I'm super hyped for the leveling revamp and I would love to play a new race. If Blizzard doesn't release the Allied Races as a preorder bonus with 7.3.5 I'd be extremely disappointed as that would mean that I have to wait almost a year to level up the new character I want and in turn Blizzard would end up waiting a year for my BfA purchase and miss out on my potential sub fee over the next year.

It just makes a lot more sense to me if they launch in 7.3.5, it will keep people playing and bring people like me back into the game. Without them Blizzard can just expect to bleed subs and money until BfA launches.

Yes. Their racial bonus are good.

You have a whole year to level them during the no content period, while Blizzard milks $15 monthly fee and you waste hundreds of hours.
    Or you can pay $60 for an instant level 110.

Win Win for Blizzard.

(If Blizzard is smart, anyone can have that racial.
    No one will level to 110 and not buy the next expansion.

But then again, Blizzard's pre-order is pre-purchase.
    The accounting is different.)
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2017-12-04 at 12:24 AM.

Preorder bonus seems very likely. We're looking at realistically 10 or 11 additional months of 7.3. Anything they can do to keep people subscribing makes a lot of sense.

They should include a couple of free race changes releveling characters for trying out the new stuff is fun perhaps once but after that if you are already max level on many of these this just seems like a cheap cash grab to get at new stuff.

ya'll are mistyping 'pre-PURCHASE' ;D

If they do that most likely means we are in for yet another long wait for the actual expansion.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

"If you look at traditionally how we've handled [the Pandaren], it's been in those secondary products because we haven't realized it in the world. Most of the time when we do anything panda-related it's going to be a comic book or a figurine or something like that."

Their starting zones is in areas of the new expansion so probably not

I think the questlines to unlock the Allied Races will be available before BfA, either somewhere in 7.3.5 or as a pre-order exclusive, but actually creating an Allied Race character and levelling it will be delayed until (pre-patch for) BfA.

It would make little sense for e.g. Nightborne or Void Elves to be levelled as a part of the Horde/Alliance during the same expansion where we actually find Suramar City / the Void Elves. If you have passed all that on your account, you can do the questlines to unlock them and prepare for BfA, but levelling the actual character will most likely be delayed until the game has advanced beyond the Broken Isles story, i.e. 8.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

They have "starting zones"?

That means no content for a whole year !
    That is $180 free money to Blizzard.

Win Win for Blizzard.

Deleted
    guess what, thats $0 free money for Blizzard because just unsubbing and playing other games until BFA release.