Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sex Trafficking Victim Convicted After Murdering Captor May Have A 2nd Chance

Cyntoia Brown who was sentenced to life in prison for killing her 43-year-old captor when she was 16 years old and has recently gained the attention of some big time allies.

As much as I hate the Kardashians for once they may be doing some good for this world. Brown's story is a travesty of the american justice system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Cyntoia Brown who was sentenced to life in prison for killing her 43-year-old captor when she was 16 years old and has recently gained the attention of some big time allies.

As much as I hate the Kardashians for once they may be doing some good for this world. Brown's story is a travesty of the american justice system.
    Except that's not even remotely accurate.
    She didn't kill her captor - She killed a guy who bought sex from her.
    Note, that's from her, not her pimp, Her.
    She should be in jail for life.

Sixteen-year-old Cyntoia Brown's sexual encounters had included many rapes, assaults during or before sex, and times when she was under the influence of drugs.[1] Brown had a physically and sexually abusive pimp named "Kut-throat" (sometimes shortened to just "Kut"), who brandished guns at her and forced her into prostitution.[3][4] Brown was picked up by a 43-year-old real estate agent, Johnny Allen, and taken to his house on August 6, 2004.[1] Brown stated that for several weeks leading up to that day, she had been repeatedly raped and was on drugs.[3] When she arrived at Allen's house, she found it contained several guns. Brown said that she was afraid that she would be shot, which led her to shoot and kill Allen - While he was sleeping -. Brown was then arrested for Allen's murder

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Could you provide more details? After she got away from her captor she started pimping her self out?

All of them deserved to die. Meh, she did a good thing.

so she killed a man who "bought" that's a loose term of the word, sex from her?

"Brown is serving a life sentence for the murder of a Nashville man in 2004. According to Brown, after a childhood marked by abuse and drugs, she was raped and forced into prostitution by a pimp, and ended up killing one of her clients out of self defense when she was just 16 years old. Despite her youth, she was tried as an adult and given a life sentence."

she should be free and the person or people who forced her to do all those things should be in jail for life, i mean she killed her rapist? big deal i don't have an issue with rapists dying do you?

the justice system is a sack of shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Could you provide more details? After she got away from her captor she started pimping her self out?
    She ran away from her foster home, became her pimps (a violent abusive rapist) girfriend/whore - Was then picked up by the victim for sex.
    After they had sex, she killed him as he was sleeping.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

"Brown is serving a life sentence for the murder of a Nashville man in 2004. According to Brown, after a childhood marked by abuse and drugs, she was raped and forced into prostitution by a pimp, and ended up killing one of her clients out of self defense when she was just 16 years old. Despite her youth, she was tried as an adult and given a life sentence."

she should be free and the person or people who forced her to do all those things should be in jail for life, i mean she killed her rapist? big deal i don't have an issue with rapists dying do you?

Doesn’t sound like she shot her rapist but instead some one who paid her for sex which she went along with so not rape if I’m geting this right.

Deleted
    yes it's prostitution, it's not a novel concept.

"Brown is serving a life sentence for the murder of a Nashville man in 2004. According to Brown, after a childhood marked by abuse and drugs, she was raped and forced into prostitution by a pimp,
    And if she had killed her pimp, that would have been fine. (by me).
    and ended up killing one of her clients out of self defense
    While he was Sleeping.
    It's very hard to pose a threat to someone while you are Sleeping.
    she should be free and the person or people who forced her to do all those things should be in jail for life
    But the victim didn't force her to do a single thing -
    , i mean she killed her rapist? big deal i don't have an issue with rapists dying do you?
    No, he didn't rape her, he picked her up, drove home, had sex with her, and paid.
    That's not rape.

7+ Year Old Account
    She shot a client while he was sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    All of them deserved to die. Meh, she did a good thing.
    A good reason for no one to ever take you seriously.

Look, there's no doubt that what happened to her is tragic. Nonetheless, she killed a man in cold blood while he slept. Her victim was not her captor and her actions were not in self-defense. He was a client and he was sleeping.

Doesn’t sound like she shot her rapist but instead some one who paid her for sex which she went along with so not rape if I’m geting this right.
    Well, if she was sixteen then it was quite possibly rape, even if money was involved.

7+ Year Old Account
    She ran away from her foster home, became her pimps (a violent abusive rapist) girfriend/whore - Was then picked up by the victim for sex.
    After they had sex, she killed him as he was sleeping.
    Doesn’t seem like she was all there, don’t know if she should have got life but some jail time and mabye some mental help.

The opinion on this situation will depend on if someone believes she was forced into prostitution or not.

Life imprisonment seems excessive in this case.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    The opinion on this situation will depend on if someone believes she was forced into prostitution or not.
    Given that she was picked up out in society and was taken to the victims home we can presume no reasonable person would think she was a trafficking victim.

if you're forced into being a prostitute, that's not consent is it?

if im a pimp and none of the women actually want to have sex but i beat them and rape them and threaten to kill them, are they now consenting with people who pay for sex with those women?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, if she was sixteen then it was quite possibly rape, even if money was involved.
    It could have still been rape but it seems like she went along with it probably because she wasn’t all there at the time.

yes it's prostitution, it's not a novel concept.
    yeh being forced doesn't mean you consent, if i hold you captive and sell you to people and they have sex with you, are you saying you're a prostitute and consenting?

Given that she was picked up out in society and was taken to the victims home we can presume no reasonable person would think she was a trafficking victim.
    That is the narrative I saw when this started appearing on facebook. So yea, that is how I saw this first this being presenting.

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/01/56778...are-prosecuted

For example.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Well even if she was forced into prostitution it wouldn’t have been rape for who ever hired her as they would not know if she was forced or not.

10+ Year Old Account

In the situation she was in they are usually not 'going along with it.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof