Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    if you're forced into being a prostitute, that's not consent is it?

if im a pimp and none of the women actually want to have sex but i beat them and rape them and threaten to kill them, are they now consenting with people who pay for sex with those women?
    To rape someone requires Mens Rea - I.E you need to know (or show sufficient disregard) that the person you are having sex with isn't consenting.
    If i kidnap a woman and her kid, and tell her to go sleep with some random or i kill her kid, the person she sleeps with isn't raping her, even though she clearly isn't consenting.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

if im a pimp and none of the women actually want to have sex but i beat them and rape them and threaten to kill them, are they now consenting with people who pay for sex with those women?
    If your forced into it then the pimp is at fault not the people who don’t know if you are there at your own Choice or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Look, there's no doubt that what happened to her is tragic. Nonetheless, she killed a man in cold blood while he slept. Her victim was not her captor and her actions were not in self-defense. He was a client and he was sleeping.
    strange when i google new stories none mention sleeping, im sure there are ones but that seems hard to prove, i guess the richer lawyers were defending the man raping 16 year old girls, while the poor 16 year old girl got a shit lawyer.

hurray! no justice for the poor thats how the world rolls!

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    To rape someone requires Mens Rea - I.E you need to know (or show sufficient disregard) that the person you are having sex with isn't consenting.
    If i kidnap a woman and her kid, and tell her to go sleep with some random or i kill her kid, the person she sleeps with isn't raping her, even though she clearly isn't consenting.
    you're basically forcing her to be raped though, you're forcing her to have sex with someone she doesn't want to have sex with, so you're just raping her with someone elses penis.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the only reason you're having sex with clients is "my pimp will beat / rape me if I dont", thats not consenting sex. Thats having sex because of a threat of violence if you dont (even if the violence is perpetrated by someone that isnt the client).

Now, Id have a reaaaaly hard time defending killing anyone in their sleep (except the pimp), because sleeping people pose no immediate threat, but it likely was still rape.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    In the situation she was in they are usually not 'going along with it.'
    By going along with it I mean some one paid for a service and she went though with the service, from the view point of the guy paying she consented unless he knew what was going on behind the scenes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    The opinion on this situation will depend on if someone believes she was forced into prostitution or not.
    Yeah I've seen this story framed as "girl forced into the world of sex trafficking then killed a man who bought her (her, as a slave, not bought sexual services from her like any other prostitute) in order to escape being a sex slave" as well as "girl with shitty childhood and awful pimp boyfriend went out hooking on her own one night, killed a man who bought sex from her while he slept, and robbed him before fleeing." The first one is pretty false, the second is definitely closer to what has been determined to be the truth. The problem is, even if she was forced into being a prostitute, it doesn't justify murdering one random dude who paid for her services. If anything, it would be her pimp who would be the target to escape being forced into being a prostitute =/
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

it's disgusting firstly that she is 16 and was charged as an adult; however, this is typical depending race.

Then after all she clearly had to endure they give her life?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, if she was sixteen then it was quite possibly rape, even if money was involved.
    Statutory rape is different. The guy may well have just been picking up some entertainment and likely didn't know her name, much less her age.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    The opinion on this situation will depend on if someone believes she was forced into prostitution or not.
    This has no relevance to her crime unless the client knew her age and/or knew that she was being forced into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Life imprisonment seems excessive in this case.
    Agreed.

It's absolutely coercion, but that doesn't make the clients rapists unless they knew about the coercion.

strange when i google new stories none mention sleeping, im sure there are ones but that seems hard to prove, i guess the richer lawyers were defending the man raping 16 year old girls, while the poor 16 year old girl got a shit lawyer.

hurray! no justice for the poor thats how the world rolls!
    I noticed that, too. All the articles I've read said he was reaching over the bed, presumably for his wallet, and she claims she thought he was reaching for a gun. Nonetheless, that doesn't justify shooting him.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-12-04 at 09:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katniss68 View Post
    Meanwhile, white rich boys who murder 4 people get to walk out of the court room cuz he's rich. White rich boys are given a slap on the wrist for rape and then seek to have their convictions overturned. White rich boys actually do no jail time for rape cuz the girl was drunk and her fault.

She's a goddamn hero, but because it's a woman and she's not blonde from a rich family she's locked away.

America... :/
    That’s not how justice works just because some one else got away with s crime doesn’t mean others should.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If your forced into it then the pimp is at fault not the people who don’t know if you are there at your own Choice or not.
    yes the pimp is at fault as i said he should take the blame for every single action, every forced sexual encounter every death and on and on, when you mentally destroy someone as young as 16 and control their body, what do you think is going to be the result? a well rounded member of the community?

Notwithstanding any applicable statutory variation, based on the facts described, I think she could have pled to or been convicted of a lesser included charge of 1st degree manslaughter. Under the model penal code, for instance, manslaughter includes "Homicide that would be murder, but 'is committed under the influence of extreme mental or emotional disturbance for which there is reasonable explanation or excuse.'"

But any responsible prosecutor would charge the top count on those facts -- a sleeping victim -- and if her attorney opted to attempt a justification defense her attorney is a fool. It's not a Law & Order episode.

7+ Year Old Account
    you're basically forcing her to be raped though, you're forcing her to have sex with someone she doesn't want to have sex with, so you're just raping her with someone elses penis.
    Then the primp or in goblinp’s the guy who kipnaped the kid should take all the charges not the guy who didn’t know What was going on behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    it's disgusting firstly that she is 16 and was charged as an adult; however, this is typical depending race.

Then after all she clearly had to endure they give her life?
    I think she should have be tried as an adult due to the seriousness of the crime but she should have gotten a much lesser sentence due to what she went though.

Deleted
    No one was defending him - Because he was dead.

Considering the circumstances of her life as prostitution at a young age I would say there could be room to argue that she wasn't 100% capable of making full rational decisions when interacting with the man who had sex with her. It is hard to argue that you have typical cognitive and socioemotional development when in such a situation.

7+ Year Old Account
    yes the pimp is at fault as i said he should take the blame for every single action, every forced sexual encounter every death and on and on, when you mentally destroy someone as young as 16 and control their body, what do you think is going to be the result? a well rounded member of the community?
    I’d agree the pump should be charged with the murder though I wouldn’t say she should just be let go. I’d say she should have either jail time or put in a help center which she can’t leave if such things exist until she had her mental health taken care of to a livable manor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Doesn’t seem like she was all there, don’t know if she should have got life but some jail time and mabye some mental help.
    Maybe? What the f...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Maybe? What the f...
    Poor phrasing, my last post is more detailed about what I think should have happened.

That poor poor drug addicted prostitute. The disgusting guy paying a woman of legal age to have sex with him, he deserved to be murdered in his sleep!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lewdest View Post
    That poor poor drug addicted prostitute. The disgusting guy paying a woman of legal age to have sex with him, he deserved to be murdered in his sleep!
    Given the illegality of prostitution, there's a high chance any random prostitute is being sex traffiked. So, while the guy didn't deserve to be murdered, he also shouldn't have bought a prostitute and Id feel waay less sorry if he had only been robed blind.