Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    It's the same alliance. One could argue same horde too since Doomhammer appointed Thrall himself.
    The Alliance of Lordaeron is as dead as it's people (The Forsaken), which is the nation to which Turalyon owes allegiance and service. Plus the Quel'dorei are gone, too. It's also got Nelves, Draenei, Worgen, and Pandas in it.

It can hardly be said to be the "Same" Alliance when so much has changed.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The Alliance of Lordaeron is as dead as it's people (The Forsaken), which is the nation to which Turalyon owes allegiance and service. Plus the Quel'dorei are gone, too. It's also got Nelves, Draenei, Worgen, and Pandas in it.

It can hardly be said to be the "Same" Alliance when so much has changed.
    It is the same Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's the same Alliance according to the WoW manual:
    The noble humans of Stormwind are a proud, tenacious race. They bravely fought the orcish Horde for generations as the patrons of the Grand Alliance.
    [...]
    Nearly four years later, the defenders of Stormwind stand vigilant against any who would threaten the sanctity of their lands. Situated in the foothills of Elwynn Forest, Stormwind City is one of the last bastions of human power in the world. The child-king Anduin Wrynn rules the people of Stormwind, who remain steadfast in their commitment to the Grand Alliance. Backed by their stalwart allies, the armies of Stormwind have been called away to once again fight the savage Horde on distant battlefields. With the armies gone, the defense of Stormwind now falls to its proud citizens.

--World of Warcraft Manual, p. 168

Even so, when the orcs invaded Azeroth and set out to conquer the human, elven, and dwarven lands, the dwarves offered to join the Grand Alliance.
    [...]
    An integral part of the Grand Alliance, the rugged dwarven armies have been called away to battle the merciless Horde in faraway lands. In these perilous times, the defense of the mountain kingdom falls to brave dwarves like you. The spirits of the dwarven kings watch over you, and the very mountains are your strength. The future of your people is in your hands.

--World of Warcraft Manual, p. 170

It's the same Alliance according to Genn, Tyrande, and Varian.
    “It’s about the summit, Archdruid.”
    “Of course. Gilneas is one of the most prominent reasons I sought to bring it to fruition. Your people’s admission to the Alliance is—”
    Re-admission, you mean,” the king growled with much bitterness.

--Wolfheart, p. 140

Tyrande, touching her husband’s hand, took command of events again. “You have witnessed the might of Gilneas and heard its request to enter back into the Alliance!”
    --Wolfheart, p.332

Varian says: “As I’ve already said to many, I find nothing worthy, nothing honorable, in this pack of hounds . . . and so I will never vote aye to their admission back into the fold!”
    --Wolfheart, p. 337

It's the same Alliance according to Metzen himself:
    Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
    The various cultures of Azeroth, who were never fast friends. There was no love lost between them. They had no common heritage. They had no common history. They really didn't like each other down the stretch of years. But in the face of this onslaught—in response to these badass orc leaders—they came together. And they founded a union based on honor and righteousness. And a deep seeded drive to dispense indiscriminate justice upon those who threatened their homelands. This Alliance saved the world. Alliance, do you remember who you are!? YOU ARE THE ALLIANCE OF LORDAERON! Champions of justice and I love you for it. (Source)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Turalyon and Alleria should have been killed off so we could forget about the 1,000 year time skip for them (maybe they could die as alternate Draenor imploded so that's out of the way too...). I realize the OP is trolling, but if any of you seriously think Turalyon is going to remember a grudge against orcs, his child, Azeroth in general from one thousand years in his past, all I can say is 'lol'. It's kind of painful to follow the story at this point.

Deleted
    @Shakou,

I love you mate.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just to make sure everyone's on the same page: My previous posts in this thread were shitposts. I honestly thought it was obvious but goddamned Poe's Law compels me to let everyone know that I am not, in fact, as wilfully ignorant as those posts present.

They were meant to be funny.

I will now back away, slowly, and allow this thread to continue over the edge of the cliff while I eat popcorn and watch.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Deleted
    It wasn't necessary. This thread is basically a tnt-loaded cart thrown in the face of baseless bias.

A little more shitposting can't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    You don't understand, we were bros, we fought side by side. Before we had met I even went to rescue Alleria and I was gifted her bow, which I wielded with great skill.

Me and Turalyon vanquished thousands of demons together, and now it's like it was all for nothing and because I don't speak common I won't even be able to tell him that Alleria is using Void Magic behind his back before he tries to kill me. It's like ending the Burning Legion meant nothing.
    Yeah I'm sure you're heartbroken, but my girlfriend Thalyssra fucking snaked me and joined the Horde, and I hooked up with her when she wasn't even pretty.

What doesn't make sense is that some of the Sons of Lothar were turned into pivotal and at times neutral figures across the universe of Warcraft, whereas they should've been kept as Alliance heroes. Why turn Turalyon into a space crusader, Alleria into Kerrigan 2 and Khadgar into Thrall/Medivh 2.

One's a gifted paladin, another a skilled high elf ranger and the third one is a gifted mage. That is all that should've been to them.

Deleted
    Right?? The amount of veiled argunite I farmed for that self-righteous buttlord and his draenei lackeys and he still aligns with the Alliance. I am personally insulted that the Lightforged would backstab us like this. Why should the Alliance get a sparkly new warship while we get a teeny segment of Suramar? Calling bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    We won't know 100% until we can actually do these quests, but the impression I get is that the Nightborne thing with the Sunwell happens first, and THEN Alleria goes to visit the soon to be void elves. It doesn't seem to me like the sunwell thing and the void elf thing are the same incident.
    It seems to me like you didn't read my post clear: what's clearr is that Alleria "whether she knows or not" (and frankly her not knowing is unlikely at best) taints the Sunwell and when this happens it spawns the entity that turns the Exiled Blood Elves into Void Elves. Does not matter whether she knows they are there or not. before. She is the cause. She is the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I can't help but see this as a troll parody mocking the alliance players who are still salty over Thalyssra.
    Yup. I see it the same way too, but I'm still giggling!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I can't help but see this as a troll parody mocking the alliance players who are still salty over Thalyssra.
    That was my impression as well..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    The Defias was not part of the Alliance, just being humans, doesn't make you part of the Alliance. Otherwise, the Iron Horde counts as being part of the Horde, (the one you play) being orcs and all, while Cho'gall, who also used to be a member of the Horde, is still considered one and all the shit he and his Twilight's Hammer have done, is the Horde's fault then. Arthas was also not a member of the Alliance when he was the Lich King, even if he did start as one. Even if you are a race of a faction, if you leave said faction, you are not PART of it anymore. And Benedictus also left the faction and joined the Twilight's Hammer (what do you know, it's the Horde's fault, again).
    At least the Alliance didn't have a leader who was going crazy WHILE still being a leader.
    Garrosh, ring a bell?
    So yes, the Alliance have a clean criminal record.
    First of all i play Alliance.

Second i like how you bend stuff with Cho'gall being part of the Horde but Defias not. By your rule Even if you are a race of a faction, if you leave said faction, you are not PART of it anymore, both Horde and Alliance have clean criminal record.

And Garrosh left playable Horde the moment he becomes a Raid Boss. What he did before is not "criminal". Maybe you shuold read you penal codex of War before talking (and remember in WoW they do not have something like O.N.U., so everything is fair in War and NOT criminal).

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to warn him about this, but now if I go to visit him in the Stormwind Embassy to reminisce about our adventures together on Argus he's going to try and kill me. Wtf!?
    Sorry, in the end, you're a threat outside the greater war. Till then, you stay foes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    @Shakou,

I love you mate.
    TY, I try. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Just to make sure everyone's on the same page: My previous posts in this thread were shitposts.
    I admitted the same basically like on the 2nd page but here we are!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbornsham View Post
    I bet my whole house he plays on Moonguard
    please dont group him with us, we dont want him
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

But my shitposting doesn't even begin to compare to Blizzard's.

Alleria Windrunner: "Remember the Sunwell"? Please. I am so over it.

7+ Year Old Account
    So it's totally okay when humans attack them, is what you're saying?

Also how do you think he'll feel when he finds out his wife is now possessed by the void?
    he allready knows, if you actuallty knew the lore and maybe listened to the audio book ;3 you would find out he knows and doesent agree with it, but still defends her, as she is his wife

- - - Updated - - -

But my shitposting doesn't even begin to compare to Blizzard's.

Alleria Windrunner: "Remember the Sunwell"? Please. I am so over it.
    Where does alleria say "remember the sunwell" got a link? video? proof? anything?
    also btw she was part of the elves back when the sunwell was a thing, just she was not there for it's destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Where does alleria say "remember the sunwell" got a link? video? proof? anything?
    also btw she was part of the elves back when the sunwell was a thing, just she was not there for it's destruction
    It's in the 7.3.5 datamining...

Deleted
    But not in the audio book. So it's not Canon, surely because of Sylvanas which deployed the plague on my headset.

That evil Sylvanas, so despicable.