Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Maybe if he does enough outrageous things we will forget about Russia!

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Maybe if he does enough outrageous things we will forget about Russia!
    People kinda have... either something amounts to it or it won't at this point I expect the next half life game out before something turns up

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Of all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, "/pol/ was right again."
    No sadder dirge has ever been sung.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...what? Not wanting Trump to kill any chance of a US negotiated peace between Israel and Palestine and directly inflaming tensions in the Middle East by announcing Jerusalem, currently a "neutral" city given multiple major religions "claims" on it, as the capitol of Israel and potentially announcing plans to move the US embassy there is "racist"?

Gonna need more than that, bucko.

Also, wasn't Hillary the one who was supposed to start WWIII? Because Trump seems on a great path to that end given his proclivity for inflaming tensions across the world.
    You didn't get the memo? Any stance that criticizes Israel or goes against their desires for any reason means you're an anti-semite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Oh, I get it now: it's so simple! If you just kill terrorists, there won't be any more terrorists!

(/s)
    If that had worked, we'd be glorifying George Bush and the peace he brought to the middle east.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    My eyes rolled so hard they almost fell out of my head.
    You are more than welcome to tell me what I have said that isnt fact.

See, I was born in 1962. I was around during the skyjacking era, saw Munich happen live in 1972...every word is the plain and simple truth.

If you wish to prove me wrong, if you have facts to counter me, please go right ahead. The dates of the two wars are correct, the events as I described, happened, the fact that a great deal of those who settled in Israel were in fact emigres from Europe after the end of the Second World War and many of them were Holocaust survivors is not in dispute.

Some of them were Schinderjuden and their descendants, who live there to this day.

None of this is in dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Gotta love the outrage from racist liberals over anything related to Israel.
    How is this fucking racist?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    While there was NEVER a chance at a negotiated peace, I sure hope Trump isn't planning on sending anyone to go defend Israel over the inevitable war this will start. >.>
    Not when Israel keeps stealing Palestine's land? Nope. Palestinians are only attacking because Israel keeps stealing their land. They have been doing that since 1947.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    People kinda have... either something amounts to it or it won't at this point I expect the next half life game out before something turns up
    Only Trumpkins have forgotten about Russia. But every day something new comes out, like Mueller subpoenaing Trump's Deutche Bank records.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is never going to be peace there until one side or the other no longer exists, or God himself intervenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Israel is a nation founded on two words that reverberate through history.

NEVER AGAIN.

People who founded Israel were the survivors of the Holocaust. Never forget that. My father and my brother in in law both visited Oswiciem. Neither one would ever speak of what they saw.

Never forget as well that upon the declaration of Israel as a state this happened

https://history.state.gov/milestones...ab-israeli-war

and then this in 1967

https://history.state.gov/milestones...raeli-war-1967

As far as land is concerned?

Israel is less than the size of New Jersey. There have been plenty of opportunities for peace., Not one of them has ever succeeded in almost seventy years.

Successive Presidents have tried to broker peace and failed. There will never be peace, until Israels right to exist is accepted and recognised. The day that HAMAS renounces their stated goal, recognises the right of Israel to exist, will be the day we will see peace in that region.

And not one day sooner.
    Strange how forcefully taking land from people makes them not like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    There is never going to be peace there until one side or the other no longer exists, or God himself intervenes.
    I'll be honest, I hope you're wrong.

This, however, is 100% not helping. When the US government says "We want there to be peace, therefore we're destroying the one thing the Palestinians have asked for (a two-state solution), and fleeing before you blow us up" you know this is a pretty harsh move.

Also...embassies take a while to build. Could be a few years. So something like this had to be announced well ahead of the move. I get that. But it's still not helping the fact that the Palestinians are going, by all credible accounts, to be spat on by this, their nearby non-Jewish allies are going to sympathize with them, and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

There really should have been a better way to handle this. Kushner might even have found one, we'll never know. But I don't see the short-term benefit here, and I'm not sure the long-term benefits are realistic, either.

The Israel-Palestine conflict will be solved 2-3 generations after both countries have become secularized. So in 100-200 years, hopefully? Seriously though, putting Israel where it is today is one of the biggest mistakes ever. You can't forcefully displace a population and in that area settle people all neighboring countries are strongly racist towards and expect anything good to come out of it.

Although it looks like nothing more than Trump ticking a box next to one of his campaign promises with little thought to the consequences there is a chance this could help. Essentially the whole peace between Israel and Palestine has been a fantasy and has amounted to little more than a decades long stand off with a lot of violence (from both sides). Trump doing this essentially pushes it all of a cliff, granted the most obvious conclusion is everything goes to hell but perhaps it will force a scenario whereby a real peace is the only way to avoid a massive conflict. Primarily though what happens next is fully dependent on how people react to the news it could well all boil down to posturing and hot air with no real consequence if the world is really, really lucky.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    The Israel-Palestine conflict will be solved 2-3 generations after both countries have become secularized. So in 100-200 years, hopefully? Seriously though, putting Israel where it is today is one of the biggest mistakes ever. You can't forcefully displace a population and in that area settle people all neighboring countries are strongly racist towards and expect anything good to come out of it.
    Secularized? Unlikely. What was it? Like 1/3rd of all Israeli school children today are from Ultra-Orthodox Heredi and Chasidim families. That country will only get more religious over time.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Uh Oh, we might have Arabs chop peoples heads off and/or suicide outdoor cafe's over this. Oh wait, they already do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Secularized? Unlikely. What was it? Like 1/3rd of all Israeli school children today are from Ultra-Orthodox Heredi and Chasidim families. That country will only get more religious over time.
    You can't even legally get married there unless your Jewish... this is going to end badly. and well the sad,sad words are coming to pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we wait for:
    See all them mooslims are blowing themselves and others up in Israel! We have to protect teh Israel! It's where the Jesusing happened!
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    If terrorism is the result of Jerusalem becoming the de jure capital of Israel, then the blame will lie entirely on the shoulders of the terrorists, it is already the de facto capital.

The only real objections come from those who want the Jews driven into the sea and their apologists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Not when Israel keeps stealing Palestine's land? Nope. Palestinians are only attacking because Israel keeps stealing their land. They have been doing that since 1947.
    Palestinians have attitudes towards Jews that even Adolf would think are OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    If terrorism is the result of Jerusalem becoming the de jure capital of Israel, then the blame will lie entirely on the shoulders of the terrorists, it is already the de facto capital.

The only real objections come from those who want the Jews driven into the sea and their apologists.

- - - Updated - - -

Palestinians have attitudes towards Jews that even Adolf would think are OTT.
    Because the Jews were just given their land from Palestine. And ever since then, they have been taking piece by piece, settlement by illegal settlement. I would be pissed off too if my neighbor just annexed my bedroom, then my kitchen, then my bathroom until I had just the porch left of my house.

Seems like a needless and idiotic provocation that will produce nothing of value and only make things worse.

I mean, not just the Trump administration in general, but this one specific event.

And it will likely be reversed the minute the Cheetoh dust is swept out of the White House. Also pretty par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

I see you're only interested in a tribalistic blame game, what a surprise, I imagine the Middle East is a bit more worried about increased tensions and violence.

In any case this is a stupid thing to say, because the US acknowledging a capital city has nothing to do with de jure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Because the Jews were just given their land from Palestine. And ever since then, they have been taking piece by piece, settlement by illegal settlement. I would be pissed off too if my neighbor just annexed my bedroom, then my kitchen, then my bathroom until I had just the porch left of my house.
    They hated the Jews before Israel existed. Britain tried to arrange a two state settlement in Mandatory Palestine, but the Jews knew the Arabs didn’t want them to exist and the Arabs didn’t want the Jews near them, so Britain gave up trying to find a solution to an unsolvable problem and passed the buck to the UN.

The Arabs want Jews (and Christians) out of that region entirely, hence why the Grand Mufti eagerly supported Hitler’s ‘Final Solution’. They’re supremacists, just not very good at it, if they were white supremacists then their Western supporters would be opposed to them, but they’re Muslims and so their supremacist views get a free pass for some inexplicable reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I see you're only interested in a tribalistic blame game, what a surprise, I imagine the Middle East is a bit more worried about increased tensions and violence.
    If you commit terrorism because the Israelis made the de facto capital the de jure capital, then yes I am going to pin the blame for terrorism entirely on you.

I lived in the Middle East, I go there fairly regularly and have done for 40 years, I don’t give a toss what you imagine about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jerusalem is a capital city of Israel, denial of reality can only go on for so long.

It won't end peace process either, because there is nothing to end to begin with. "Peace process" is dead horse that is being kept dragged out of the grave, beaten and put back in. There won't be any peace process while Gaza is ruled by internationally recognized terrorist organization threatening security of Israel, while it is a thing any sort of "peace process" is merely a lip service for big nations so they can feel like they do something here.