Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Except, by Chronicles 1, the Void is a dark and vampiric force driven to devour all energy. The Void is the primordial vampirism.
    Man, that would explain why all its users looks so unhealthy. And vampiric touch spell.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    and when was the using the void sucking magic from living things to sate your own addiction? Different thing, the quote doesn't apply Tauror, you know it, and I know it.
    Except, by Chronicles 1, the Void is a dark and vampiric force driven to devour all energy. The Void is the primordial vampirism, it consumes existence.

And the Void Elves are happily draining it.
    You two seem to be forgetting that it has got nothing to do with high elves. Void elves aren't standard-issue high elves(ie Renthar Hawkspeaer); they're blood elves. Why would you two even discuss wether it is a thing Alliance high elves would've done in order to justify it or make it sink from an Alliance high elf perspective when it isn't even about original high elves in the first place. The only one that is would be Alleria, but the rest aren't.

And yeah, what Alleria did definitely isn't something the rest of the Alliance high elves would've done.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-06 at 12:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    You two seem to be forgetting that it has got nothing to do with high elves. Void elves aren't standard-issue high elves(ie Renthar Hawkspeaer); they're blood elves. Why would you two even discuss wether it is a thing Alliance high elves would've done in order to justify it or make it sink from an Alliance high elf perspective when it isn't even about original high elves in the first place.
    Well, I was answering to ravenmoon's concept of "Void Elven nobility makes them High Elves".
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-12-06 at 12:41 AM.

Well, I was answer to ravenmoon's concept of "Void Elven nobility makes them High Elves".
    Well, while they're high elves from a global point of view, they're still not the high elves he implies they are.

I mean, this can be concluded by just taking a chronological review; if people wanted standard high elves to be playable because blood elves weren't what they're looking for, then a blood elf that further taps into the void is even less of a normal high elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    The concept of void elves being "noble" is hilarious on its own.

I don't really have anything against Void elves and I think blizzard's introduction of them is fine.

But I have to ask since people keep bringing up high elves-Are people really obsessed with alliance getting high elves or is this some meme I missed? I am not being mean, I am honestly curious. At this point high elves would be slightly recolored blood elves- I mean are people really that desperate for high elves? Is it the Warcraft 2 connection when high elves where part of the alliance, is it because high elves are "pretty" , I mean there has to be something I am not understand of why people are obsessed with high elves becoming a playable class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    I don't really have anything against Void elves and I think blizzard's introduction of them is fine.

But I have to ask since people keep bringing up high elves-Are people really obsessed with alliance getting high elves or is this some meme I missed? I am not being mean, I am honestly curious. At this point high elves would be slightly recolored blood elves- I mean are people really that desperate for high elves? Is it the Warcraft 2 connection when high elves where part of the alliance, is it because high elves are "pretty" , I mean there has to be something I am not understand of why people are obsessed with high elves becoming a playable class.
    Just obsession. And the one that is going for 13 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    No, no. Brought back to life, not into undeath. They'd be truly resurrected.

As for the 10:1 part, I've already thought about this. In this hypothetical scenario, when the event happens, given that Quel'Thalas is the last bastion of the Horde in EK, there'd be a tremendous number of Horde forces concentrated in Quel'Thalas that would help drive them out.
    I don't think you understand how powerful a "true resurrection" in Warcraft lore is. For it to happen on such a mass scale would probably be the strongest magic that has ever happened in the lore. More than the sundering. Eastern Kingdoms would probably cease to exist, if the entire planet wasn't torn apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Lol what? Void elves are not high elves, unless I missed the part where it was high elven tradition and part of their every day moral alignment to fuck with the void. Unless you are saying hypocrisy is a high elven trait.
    But they are Blood Elves(High Elves). Walking in the streets of Silvermoon as we write. Who knows wich ones that are dabbling into the Void.

We'll see. The Void is treacherus...

Void Elves already work fine.

No, because blood elves intentionally rejected their high elven ideals and principles wholesale choosing to loathe them and re-invent themselves AFTER they changed their name. THey were fuelled by the trauma, anger, grief and intense pain Arthas' undead army inflicted on them. THey took to sucking mana out of living beings to sate their addiction and preserve their lusts. High elves did not, proving such a detestable move was not necessary for survival. And we know they were blood elves who also viewed it this way, rejected this ideal and left Silvermoon or got exiled, choosing to return to being high elves.

THis is entirely different form the story of the void, and we both know it. The void is dangerous, no doubt, but it is embraced to help save the world from what is to come (Alleria) and initially to aid Silvermoon (Umbric and later save the world) - it was not to sate an addictioni or self preservation, neithe rwas teh intention to embrace evil or corruption to gain power for the sake of it. This is a noticeable difference.

Also we know they are thrown out of Quel'thalas not because the blood elves view the wielding powerful but dangerous magics as a bad thing..that would be hypocritical seeing that is what the blood elves are founded on (And is why the void elf population made more sense to originate from blood elves and not high elves), they were expelled because Alleria's visit to the well triggered an event that could have jeopardised the sunwell and was wrongly attributed to void magic usage - but it was a being trying to reach out to the sunwell and capture it - but Rommath/THeron didn't believe Alleria on this, and in their ignorance concluded that void usage was dangerous to the sunwell and because of that they are exiled.

The way the story is presented actually fits the void elves very much in the league of noble mindedness akin to the high elves they once were but with an edge given they are channelling a dangerous dark power - they are shown to have the ability to master and keep themselves sane - it is not too unlike the DHs, except no elf has fallen to the void like some DHs went over to the legion. Showing Alleria and Umbric's high elves (once blood elves) are top notch elves.. this is reflected.

It is a well crafted story that fits well and wraps up things neatly. With void elves being exiled blood elves turned high elves again, they can get a much larger number, and they fix the ideals thing by making their objective a selfless one and it is recognized as noble and heroic despite the risk, and also give a very compelling reason why void elves won't be part of the horde, therefore entirely alliance..at least for now.
    So I guess we're just making up head-cannon, and calling it fact now? Plenty have fallen into madness, as is oft to happen when dabbling with the void.

"Many have sought to harness the corruptive magic of the Void. Most who tried have fallen into madness. Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers. Coming to the aid of a group of her kin who nearly gave in to the darkness, Alleria has vowed to train these Void Elves to control the shadows within them and pledge their newfound powers to the Alliance."

^source, BFA Allied race section.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    But they are Blood Elves(High Elves). Walking in the streets of Silvermoon as we write. Who knows wich ones that are dabbling into the Void.

We'll see. The Void is treacherus...
    Unless I am mistaken they were already kicked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    How to make Void Elves work? Say 'April Fools!' and make the Nightborne a dual faction race like Pandaren.
    um no, politically they are blood elves who got kicked out of Silvermoon for being void addled dangers to the bloody Sunwell. They aren't high elves in any capacity.
    Void Elves are Blood Elves are High Elves

They are all high. Just on different substences.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Unless I am mistaken they were already kicked out.
    When depends on if this happens after we are done with the Argus invasion or not. The quest and shit happens after, but are Lor'themar aware(and kick them out) of it before, during or after the Argus Invasion? It doesn't say(I think)

Anyway, was merely a joke.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2017-12-06 at 12:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How to make Void Elves work? Say 'April Fools!' and make the Nightborne a dual faction race like Pandaren.
    um no, politically they are blood elves who got kicked out of Silvermoon for being void addled dangers to the bloody Sunwell. They aren't high elves in any capacity.
    Thankfully blizzard got burned on pandas pretty badly, so no more neutral races. And with that - nightborne are horde only. Such tragedy.

You two seem to be forgetting that it has got nothing to do with high elves. Void elves aren't standard-issue high elves(ie Renthar Hawkspeaer); they're blood elves. Why would you two even discuss wether it is a thing Alliance high elves would've done in order to justify it or make it sink from an Alliance high elf perspective when it isn't even about original high elves in the first place. The only one that is would be Alleria, but the rest aren't.

And yeah, what Alleria did definitely isn't something the rest of the Alliance high elves would've done.
    • Easy, because technically, blood elf is not the race, it's high elf that's the race.
    • Currently blood elf and high elf are political/ideologically alignments of the same race (whether you see that race as blood elves or call them blood elf (or high elf) (I'm calling them high elf cos it came first and is a race, while blood elf is a movement, but some of you willl call ithem blood elf or white elves - i'm not really that concerned as long as you know what I mean, whatever you decide to call them or recognise them as).
    • Now void elf this is the new race, and it's a new race of high elves i.e. A sub race of high elf (or blood elf if you prefer) that's had a very distinct transformation, just like nightborne is a new race of night elf, a sub-race of night elf that had a transformation (a small mutation but still distinctive (void elves skin colour has gone more night elven/void like, nightborne ear tips curled upwards and while superficially the changes are very minor, something more changed internally in a way the fel crystals did not change the blood elves enough - the nightwell and the void did change those night elves and high/blood elves enough to what you now know as nightborne and void elf).
    • It doesn't matter that a lot of void elves were blood elves politically/ideologically, on being rejected and exiled by Silvermoon they became politically high elves and we see they've conformed their ideology to Alleria's.
    • We find out that there are many blood elves that have high elf ideology intact, which is why the greater distinction between high elf and blood elf is largely political and not as much ideological.
    • So whiles the alliance group of high elves with Vereesa has nothing to do with them, that's hardly the point, they are all high elves the whole race (or you could call them blood elves - some of us instead all them Thalassian elves noting that the two live very differently and are aligned differently with the factions like American and Brits - same race, different peoples because they now have different political alignments) , and the fact remains that if you go and join the SIlvermoon community you are now called a blood elf, and if you leave it you are called high elf, whehter you were there when the fel crystals were used and got affected by them or you were not. This is still the case with them.
    • Now, like the nightborne, the void elf is a high elf ( or blood elf) that is being physically altered a little and thus a sub-race. No longer a blood elf because of the exile he is politically a high elf and racially a new race of high elf called the void elf.

Easy hope that helps

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I was answering to ravenmoon's concept of "Void Elven nobility makes them High Elves".
    And not an invalid concept. I find their actions noble and heroic, and that is very high elven but with an edge. Sure you can view it as dark dangerous and reckless and roleplay your void elf like that, but that is certainly not the only way the action comes off as, certainly not in Alleria and by the story, some of those void elves had very noble intentions. SO you can view it that way and roleplay it so accordingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, while they're high elves from a global point of view, they're still not the high elves he implies they are.

I mean, this can be concluded by just taking a chronological review; if people wanted standard high elves to be playable because blood elves weren't what they're looking for, then a blood elf that further taps into the void is even less of a normal high elf.
    I am not implying they are the that's just silly people who aren't understanding what I'm saying and interpreting what i say from their own heads rather than from my words, I mean they're high elves from a global point of view, and the way I phrased it and wrote it down should have been clear that 's what I mean, you must think i'm stupid (Which is rude of you) if you for a minute thought that I thought they are the high elves when the story clearly shows you these are high elves that became blood elves and are now back to being high elves politically but void elves racially.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The concept of void elves being "noble" is hilarious on its own.
    Everything is hilarious to you, I like void elves, they have an edginess and nobility to them at the same time. It's actually quite cool, becasue it fits into the alliance theme well enough and with an edge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    So I guess we're just making up head-cannon, and calling it fact now? Plenty have fallen into madness, as is oft to happen when dabbling with the void.

"Many have sought to harness the corruptive magic of the Void. Most who tried have fallen into madness. Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers. Coming to the aid of a group of her kin who nearly gave in to the darkness, Alleria has vowed to train these Void Elves to control the shadows within them and pledge their newfound powers to the Alliance."

^source, BFA Allied race section.
    And you seem to simply ignore the Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth bit either in your dislike or prejudice against void elves or me, withotu even thinking to take on board ALL the lore descriptions are telling you. Which is also shown in the Alleria storyline and in the quest lines as well. They give you evidence man.

- - - Updated - - -

A Thalassian elf that leaves Silvermoon to join the alliance is always politically a high elf again. EVery blood elf was a high elf 15 years ago, it doesn/t matter if you've been blood elf for 15 years or 5 years or 2 years or 1 year or 4 months, if you choose to leave and join the alliance, you are high elf again POLITICALLY. In the case of the void elves, they are high elven politically, but they've also undergone a transfomration making them racially a new race of high elves, called Void elves. They are neither blood elves, nor high elves any longer, but their political alignement is high elven because that is what high elf is politically if you're thalassian. The race is void elf - not high elf nor blood elf. If you understand the point I'm making, politically they are high elves.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2017-12-06 at 04:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is hilarious to you, I like void elves, they have an edginess and nobility to them at the same time. It's actually quite cool, becasue it fits into the alliance theme well enough and with an edge.
    Lets break it a bit.
    Everything is hilarious to you
    What can i say, im cheerful guy. And you know what is really hilarious ? Adults people above 15 who find them uninronically "cool". Now thats hilarious.
    they have an edginess
    edginess doesn't even start to describe them. They are:

and nobility to them at the same time.
    And where exactly is that nobility ? Betraying your race ? Serving as lapdog to faction that was your enemy yesterday ? Dabbling into power that can consume you any moment simply because they are power hungry ? Now thats super noble.
    It's actually quite cool, becasue it fits into the alliance theme well enough and with an edge.
    Yeah, a band of people rejected from horde for their questionable life choices, valuing power over anything else, and hearing voices in their heads surely fit alliance perfectly.

I didn't think Ion said there was a population issue. I thought he said something like umm spoiler blood elves are high elves.

Deleted
    And not an invalid concept. I find their actions noble and heroic, and that is very high elven but with an edge. Sure you can view it as dark dangerous and reckless and roleplay your void elf like that, but that is certainly not the only way the action comes off as, certainly not in Alleria and by the story, some of those void elves had very noble intentions. SO you can view it that way and roleplay it so accordingly.
    You find the Void Elves "dwelling with dark vampiric energies, studying the Dar'khan's knowledge, messing with Black Empire tech and opening portals for the evil ethreals" noble and heroic?

Really, do share your dictionary with us all. Because those things are neither noble nor heroic.

A Thalassian elf that leaves Silvermoon to join the alliance is always politically a high elf again.
    No, they aren't. They are just elves, even Umbric himself jokes with the high elves.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-12-06 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    I didn't think Ion said there was a population issue. I thought he said something like umm spoiler blood elves are high elves.
    people are making up new excuses as they go.. First it was population problem which was debunked, now it is silhouette problem, which is also now debunked with existence of void elves.