Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    No, he hates on emo theme.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... "Sluthair"...?

Well, that's me never having my bangs in any other position than to the sides ever again...
    And pretty sure Blood Elves have a hairstyle where 1 eye is covered, it's called "shy" or something. It wouldn't surprise me if the hairstyles given to Allied races are given to the base races as well though. People have been pining for more customization options for a long time.
    I'm mocking that the hairstyle will be used overwhelmingly by Moon Guarders and your run-of-the-mill 16 year old girl who plays nothing but healers and uses the most 'cute' hair styles.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Oh really? Blizzard seems to think they are...and I agree!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=gx3Mqw06TrI

0:35 - 0:41
    Because Blizzard never makes self-depreciating jokes (quick example, many of the BE male /silly) or not-so-subtle pokes at players whining (quick example, a couple of the pandaren /silly).

But I was also really asking. I mean, I see emo as more of an attitude, which I don't see in void elves really, but on the other hand I could see someone arguing they're goth, as I understand that to be more of an aesthetic. I mean, at the end of the day I don't give a shit, I'm going to roll a void elf sub rogue because I like the look, like the voice, like the racials, and think its a nice fit for the more shadowy subtlety since Legion, and people can call it whatever they want.

Either way, I'm not 100% sure I even know what 'emo' means, both generally and as applied here.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I'm mocking that the hairstyle will be used overwhelmingly by Moon Guarders and your run-of-the-mill 16 year old girl who plays nothing but healers and uses the most 'cute' hair styles.
    'Cause your run of the mill 16 year old girl is a slut?

Or people that use the most "Cute" hairstyles are sluts?

Or is it healers that are sluts?

Seriously, dude. You should examine how you think of women...
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Can't wait for all the Female Void Elf Priests with the sluthair options (i.e., the hair style where the hair covers one eye)
    If I'm playing a rogue do I get partial credit?

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    'Cause your run of the mill 16 year old girl is a slut?

Or people that use the most "Cute" hairstyles are sluts?

Or is it healers that are sluts?

Seriously, dude. You should examine how you think of women...
    I'm playfully pointing out that annoying people will use the hairstyle in droves and that other people will bitch in masse for the hair to be available to Blood Elves. Don't take it so personally.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm playfully pointing out that annoying people will use the hairstyle in droves and that other people will bitch in masse for the hair to be available to Blood Elves. Don't take it so personally.
    Sorry. It's just that slut is such a -loaded- term. I'm not taking it personally, though. Just politically!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... "Sluthair"...?

Well, that's me never having my bangs in any other position than to the sides ever again...
    And pretty sure Blood Elves have a hairstyle where 1 eye is covered, it's called "shy" or something. It wouldn't surprise me if the hairstyles given to Allied races are given to the base races as well though. People have been pining for more customization options for a long time.
    Hell, I'll be using that "sluthair" because it's the closest variant to the hairstyle I use on all my Blood Elves. (PS that last one is the warlock I'm race changing)

To everyone screaming:

Anime
    Emo
    Edgelord

Or variants thereof: You're like those middle aged and older chucklefucks who scream "Millennial!" and "Hipster!" to the degree that neither of those words means -anything- anymore because they're applied to literally goddamned everything.

You -could- make the argument that they're "Too Goth to Live" or something similar, but Emo? Nothing ABOUT their character suggests anything Emo. Much less Anime Emo which is like regular emo but everyone involved is super hot and somehow completely unaware that half the population wants to jump into their pants. Nor are they Edgelordy. They're not like Demon Hunters constantly brooding about their endless sacrifices for everyone else, they're just happily riding the escalator into madness. If anything, they're presented as snarky Glam-Goths.

Huuuuuge difference.
    The people hating on Void Elves remind me of the same people hating on Vulpera, or any animal-based race, because "go back to Final Fantasy." Some people have a REALLY narrow viewpoint of what is WoW. It's those people that are the reason we almost never got new races ever again after Pandaren.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Sorry. It's just that slut is such a -loaded- term. I'm not taking it personally, though. Just politically!
    Well I think you and I both know that the second you step into Goldshire Inn you're going to see at least 20+ Void Elves all using the hair-over-the-eye hairstyle and that 90% of any given female Void Elves you see anywhere else will use it. Just like you're going to see 90% of Male Void Elves named "Daddy" and "Daddyelf" and shit.

So many former high elf fans now void elf fans going on the defensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Well I think you and I both know that the second you step into Goldshire Inn you're going to see at least 20+ Void Elves all using the hair-over-the-eye hairstyle and that 90% of any given female Void Elves you see anywhere else will use it. Just like you're going to see 90% of Male Void Elves named "Daddy" and "Daddyelf" and shit.
    I think the female prediction is much more on-point than the male one.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    I think the female prediction is much more on-point than the male one.
    The male has a seductive deep voice and talks about making tentacles and shit. "Daddyelf" is going to be a fucking unintelligent meme YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THIS.

So basically they are recolored blood elves?

5+ Year Old Account
    In retrospect, my Glam Goth identification might be off.

I think they might be Sparkle Goths.

Sparkle Goths are fashionista-goths and they're the ones with the wider variety of hair colors (often muted) that stand out.

But they're CLEARLY not Glitter Goths.

Or Pastel Goths.

Deleted
    There is truth to your words, brother. One should strive to become a temple for virtues and stand firm against the oversexualisation. To me Void Elves have unkept hair, look as if they pay no attention to their appearances. But I'm positive that some poor souls might find in them unbecoming solace for their inappropriate desires . I will keep them in my prayers. It is noble and just to speak against it, but please, don't let anger harness your heart.

The male has a seductive deep voice and talks about making tentacles and shit. "Daddyelf" is going to be a fucking unintelligent meme YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THIS.
    I hope you're wrong. I feel like I'm operating outside my area of expertise on this, so I'm not willing to say with any conviction you will be wrong, but I hope you're wrong.

I say that with full knowledge my female sub rogue VE is a full blown stereotype.

In retrospect, my Glam Goth identification might be off.

I think they might be Sparkle Goths.
    What does this say in English?

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    What does this say in English?
    Basically, the point is that Void Elves are a self-aware joke more than they are legitimately supposed to be 'cool' or 'edgy'.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    So many former high elf fans now void elf fans going on the defensive
    name atleast three former high elf fans, who are now void elf fans.

5+ Year Old Account
    Basically, the point is that Void Elves are a self-aware joke more than they are legitimately supposed to be 'cool' or 'edgy'.

Cool, maybe. But they're not meant to be "Edgy" or "Emo". They're just meant to be gothy elves. Which is why the girls speak in faux-english and will fit in, 100% any Worgen hangout.