Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    To both of you. Lumping up lunatics with the rest of mainstream muslims create more hate in both sides. But I forgot this is MMO-C where the act of one is Representative of the whole fucking group.
    You're not lumping them with them. Islamists are muslims who wants to make it political, not all muslims are islamists.

10+ Year Old Account
    To both of you. Lumping up lunatics with the rest of mainstream muslims create more hate in both sides. But I forgot this is MMO-C where the act of one is Representative of the whole fucking group.
    If they’re committing terrorism in the name of Islam, then there is nothing wrong with calling them Islamist terrorists, as that is what they are.

People are going to ask what they were planning on committing terrorism for, there is no point in hiding it and to say it is Islamophobic to name their ideology is dumb.

We could call them Jaffa cake terrorists if you’d like, it would just be a euphemism for Islamist terrorists.

You do know something along the lines of 50% of the world's practicing Muslims support Sharia as the law of the land. Over 20% support the use of terrorism. 20% of over 2 billion is not a fee

Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

You're the one who doesn't know the difference between Islam, Muslims and Islamism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    You're the one who doesn't know the difference between Islam, Muslims and Islamism.
    I think they’re Saudi.

then why no one is calling hindu genocide on muslims on myanmar Hindu genocide?

The double standard makes me wanna puke.
    What? xD Hindus in myanmar can't commit genocide.

10+ Year Old Account
    then why no one is calling hindu genocide on muslims on myanmar Hindu genocide?

The double standard makes me wanna puke.
    Aren’t they Buddhists in Burma? They’ve been calling it Buddhist extremism and genocide on the Rohingya in the papers I’ve read, so I assumed they were Buddhists.

Islam is a religion. Muslims are people who believe islam faith. I think you are the one who don't understand the difference.

Terrorism is condemned by every single muslim scholar around the world. Call it what you want just keep in mind that it's the wrong wording and it spreads more hate and islamphobia.
    I think you don't know what islamism or islamist means.

Islamism is a concept whose meaning has been debated in both public and academic contexts.[1] The term can refer to diverse forms of social and political activism advocating that public and political life should be guided by Islamic principles,[1][2] or more specifically to movements which call for full implementation of sharia. It is commonly used interchangeably with the terms political Islam or Islamic fundamentalism. In Western media usage the term tends to refer to groups who aim to establish a sharia-based Islamic state, often with implication of violent tactics and human rights violations, and has acquired connotations of political extremism. In the Muslim world, the term has positive connotations especially among its proponents.[3]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Aren’t they Buddhists in Burma? They’ve been calling it Buddhist extremism and genocide on the Rohingya in the papers I’ve read, so I assumed they were Buddhists.
    Yes, they are buddhists.

That's buddhists, not hindus. There are less hindus in myanmar than there are muslims even.

Islam is a religion. Muslims are people who believe islam faith. I think you are the one who don't understand the difference.

Terrorism is condemned by every single muslim scholar around the world. Call it what you want just keep in mind that it's the wrong wording and it spreads more hate and islamphobia.
    Conveniently skipped Islamism I see

10+ Year Old Account
    Every single Muslim scholar? I’m not convinced.

Every single Muslim scholar? I’m not convinced.
    Kalis chill and check your calendar. Today is absolute-statements-day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Kalis chill and check your calendar. Today is absolute-statements-day.
    What a coincidence, it is also ‘Let’s pretend Islamists have nothing to do with Islam Day’.

Deleted

We referred to the IRA as republican terrorists and the UVF as loyalist terrorists.
    We did not refer to Catholic terrorists or Protestant terrorists, which is the appropriate analogy.

We referred to Republican or Loyalist terrorists because their clear goal was the preservation or destruction of the Union.

It isn't remotely as clear whether Islamic terrorism is Islamic in nature given that almost no part of the Islamic religous establishment endorses it.

I don't really care what you call the terrorists but your history and reasoning is bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

What a coincidence, it is also ‘Let’s pretend Islamists have nothing to do with Islam Day’.
    What exactly do you hope to accomplish by lumping in a billion Muslims with ISIS and al-quaeda?
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2017-12-06 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    We did not refer to Catholic terrorists or Protestant terrorists, which is the appropriate analogy.

We referred to Republican or Loyalist terrorists because their clear goal was the preservation or destruction of the Union.
    Some of the republicans were Protestant and some atheists.

Islamists are Islamists, there isn’t much else you can call them apart from Muslim terrorists, or religious terrorists, but the latter opens you up to the question of which religion and the former isn’t helping the situation.

It isn't remotely as clear whether Islamic terrorism is Islamic in nature given that almost no part of the Islamic religous establishment endorses it.
    ‘Almost no part’ is not ‘no part’. ISIS were not declared heretical by Cairo University and they are a respected authority on Islam.

I don't really care what Islamists are called but your reasoning is bullshit.
    My reasoning is sound. They are Islamist terrorists, it states their ideology and so that is what they will be called.

Deleted
    What would you expect from a double digit IQ biggot?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok smart ass. Let's take it down to your level of thinking.

There are 1.5billion muslims around the world.
    Let's assume that 1% of them are terrorists 'there isn't even 0.005%'

Are you willing to lump those 99% who condemn terrorists and say they have nothing to do with islam with them? See how your reasoning is fucked up.
    A similar issue: would you describe groups which are nominally Christian like the Lord's Resistance Army as Christian terror groups? Of course not. It would be grotesquely insulting.

It might also be asked what all the Muslims fighting against ISIS are if not Muslim.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2017-12-06 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would you expect from a double digit IQ biggot?
    If you’re going to insult me, at least spell it correctly.

Ok smart ass. Let's take it down to your level of thinking.

There are 1.5billion muslims around the world.
    Let's assume that 1% of them are terrorists 'there isn't even 0.005%'

Are you willing to lump those 99% who condemn terrorists and say they have nothing to do with islam with them? See how your reasoning is fucked up.
    Except 99% don’t condemn them, that figure is what you’ve just plucked out of your arse.

Amongst British Muslims, who are typically more moderate than those in the Middle East and South Asia, support for the introduction of Sharia is about a third and support for religious violence is about 5-10%.

These numbers come from surveys done by the likes of the BBC, Channel 4, etc.

Whilst it is true that the majority of Muslims are moderate, it is nowhere near 99%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    A similar issue: would you describe groups which are nominally Christian like the Lord's Resistance Army as Christian? Of course not. It would be grotesquely insulting.
    They are Christian.

It might also be asked what all the Muslims fighting against ISIS are if not Muslim.
    Because no Muslims ever fight against other Muslims?

10+ Year Old Account
    for someone with 31k posts I expect that you are just bla
    Black? Blasphemous?

Whatever you were trying to say, it is not a refutation of my point.

lol im shocked SHOCKED I TELL YOU
    mr pickles

Deleted
    If you’re going to insult me, at least spell it correctly.

Except 99% don’t condemn them, that figure is what you’ve just plucked out of your arse.

Amongst British Muslims, who are typically more moderate than those in the Middle East and South Asia, support for the introduction of Sharia is about a third and support for religious violence is about 5-10%.
    Oh please, spare us the Daily Mail nonsense.

Support for Sharia law does not equate to terrorism. Support for sharia law does not even necessarily imply extreme or medieval beliefs-supporters include a former Archbishop of Canterbury. Most of it is common sense rules for sorting out affairs within a community.

Support for religous violence does not equate to support for ISIS: among those who went to fight Jihad most went to fight for US-backed "moderate" groupings who opposed both Assad and ISIS.