Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Exactly that's what I said in my first post, my exact words were "thank god they didn't tune around the .01% again"
    I think we will all end up wishing they had tuned things a bit higher. We are going to be in Antorus for how many months? 8? 10? 11? I think even Blizz is scrambling now realizing they screwed up and we will need more to do before BfA is ready.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Yeah, you're not good enough to be one of those top guilds. So it was everything to do with being a casual baddie. They're the cream of the crop, you're clearly not, even though you're doing forum warrioring here. Blizzard undertuned this tier - but just wait until those .01% people go out and talk shit about Blizz devs in interviews and on their streams - the devs don't have very thick skin - so next time around they do their 180 swing and the raid will be tuned to the top guilds again.
    You're clearly an idiot not reading my posts, so I'm done with you. Since you haven't even been a part of these forums for 2 months you're probably just a garbage troll anyway.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-12-07 at 10:32 AM.

It's not a design flaw. The flaw is that many believe they can handle Mythic raiding, when in practice it's only for very very limited audience.

By the sounds of it you're way too casual for Mythic.

Everyone in your team should have at least 2-3 alts leveled and geared for Mythic - preferably 5, but I understand you're a casual raiding guild, so maybe 3 is enough. But you got to run splits with them and grind M+ for TF procs.

You switch classes when stacking is needed. DPS should have ranged and melee options. Tanks and healers should have different combos as well. You should have someone as 3rd tank etc. You should participate in PTR testing and you should have programmer hired (or recruited) to write WeakAuras + custom DBM timers for your guild.

These are pretty basic things you need if you're going to do competitive mythic progression (note, you'll need much more than this if you're going to participate in WF race - this is just the basic foundation for competitive mythic team).

You can still raid mythic, but in that case you better wait for the nerfs and re-tunings. You'll be doing it months after progression guilds have gone through it - and by that time you'll have a nice Fatboss guide to tell you exactly everything you need to do - so you can just follow it.
    Meanwhile in Reality....

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    They did not over-tune Antorus.
    Not even ToS was overtuned, it required a bit too much class stacking to deal with soaks but that was about it. Sure one of the harder raids they made but still doable. What's mythic supposed to be if it's not supposed to be a true challenge? And if it's not then can we get a new über difficulty that is and remains challenging...
    Last edited by Redblade; 2017-12-07 at 06:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus will definitely be pretty hard, it will be a very hard dps check, and on the last phase as well. It's gonna take a while.

I give Method 24 hours.

Deleted
    You're clearly an idiot not reading my posts, so I'm done with you. Since you haven't even been a part of these forums for 2 months you're probably just a garbage troll anyway.
    It's too bad you can't discuss this civilized without having to insult people, but I guess that sort of proves my point. You're just salty because you can't compete with the top guilds anymore so you do forum warrioring at MMOC instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Not even ToS was overtuned, it required a bit too much class stacking to deal with soaks but that was about it. Sure one of the harder raids they made but still doable. What's mythic supposed to be if it's not supposed to be a true challenge? And if it's not then can we get a new über difficulty that is and remains challenging...
    Yup, Method and Exorsus showed the version of KJ they killed was possible.

Blizzard should have just left it alone. Who cares if 25 guilds all tier kill him.

/s

Well, the race ended up being harder than it seemed yesterday. This is good.

(Go Exorsus! You have the underdog factor to help you for a short time!)

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Who cares if 25 guilds all tier kill him.
    Why is this a problem for you if that would have been the case? I'm serious, why is it that everything has to be doable by X (often where X is represented by a number that includes the person making the argument)? If it's possible then either you get good enough to overcome the challenge or you don't, there's nothing that says you have to be able to finish the highest difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    What would you to propose to account for class stacking, split running, and titanforge? TF isn't going anywhere whether we like it or not. At least they're bringing back the class buff thing. For split running, solutions have been proposed that hurt the overall player base. If you have any ideas though, throw them in here, as this thread gets high traffic, probably from Blizzard themselves
    I see no way for blizzard to "fix" splitrunning and top 1% raiding by extension without fucking over 99% of players. So i guess it'll stay and people who can dedicate 300 wipes per boss per day every day are going to kill things quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing about getting better at the game when you're relying on 19 other people AND having to pick the correct classes, for example of the 60 players who have killed Mythic Coven, only 2 melee have the kill. That's a terrible and unacceptable design flaw. Or how you needed AT LEAST 4 rogues to kill Mythic Avatar for MONTHS last tier.
    you're obviously not at the level of play where four rogues are required to kill a boss or two melee max are to be used on coven, so what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Yup, Method and Exorsus showed the version of KJ they killed was possible.

Blizzard should have just left it alone. Who cares if 25 guilds all tier kill him.

/s
    Shrug, 30 guilds killed Yogg-Saron (Alone in the Darkness 25) before Trial of the Crusader came out. It has happened before. That was out for 5 months with no changes past the first week.

/disregard, misread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    For every person who posts "NA stuck at 9/11 LUL" we delay our Aggramar kill by 1 hour.
    NA raiding LUL, had a good head start but got stomped in the ground by EU like always

Btw worst and boring world first race ever, thanks mister blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    So much for NA being #1
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

It's not a design flaw. The flaw is that many believe they can handle Mythic raiding, when in practice it's only for very very limited audience.

By the sounds of it you're way too casual for Mythic.

Everyone in your team should have at least 2-3 alts leveled and geared for Mythic - preferably 5, but I understand you're a casual raiding guild, so maybe 3 is enough. But you got to run splits with them and grind M+ for TF procs.

You switch classes when stacking is needed. DPS should have ranged and melee options. Tanks and healers should have different combos as well. You should have someone as 3rd tank etc. You should participate in PTR testing and you should have programmer hired (or recruited) to write WeakAuras + custom DBM timers for your guild.

These are pretty basic things you need if you're going to do competitive mythic progression (note, you'll need much more than this if you're going to participate in WF race - this is just the basic foundation for competitive mythic team).

You can still raid mythic, but in that case you better wait for the nerfs and re-tunings. You'll be doing it months after progression guilds have gone through it - and by that time you'll have a nice Fatboss guide to tell you exactly everything you need to do - so you can just follow it.
    Wtf am I reading? Must be a troll. The things you just listed (recruited programmer, etc.) for a competitive mythic team, are laughable. 8/10 for the lolz.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-12-07 at 10:30 AM.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    So much for NA being #1
    With all respect for the NA, when was the last time they got a WF kill? I trully cant remember.
    PS: I see ppl saying that is too easy and such the problem with the expansion is one. Titanforge.
    It existence destroyed balance. But thats is my opinion.
    I admit a +5 or 10+ on a item is a nice spark but 40+ or 50+ like we see sometimes it's just way too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Wtf am I reading? Must be a troll. The things you just listed (recruited programmer, etc.) for a competitive mythic team, are laughable. 8/10 for the lolz.
    Method has a guy from WA working for them to make auras and such.
    I bealive more of them as.
    Some teams even have coaches for motivation issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    How many of the top guilds are doing the raids without their WA's?
    You need to remember that when normal people do the raids, there's lot of WA's available for download, but these guilds build their addons on PTR - when no one else knows about the tactics yet.

They work together with DBM author and every guild has people who can LUA (Method has WA writer). If they don't - they can't compete. Mythic progression raiding at the top is very professional and organized these days - you can't succeed if you don't have these things.

You don't have to believe me - but also don't have to insult me by calling me a troll.
    Last edited by mmoce1addbf3e1; 2017-12-07 at 07:54 AM.

Deleted
    The french guild Wait for It has a guy (Blash, their hpal) doing the WA for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Why is this a problem for you if that would have been the case? I'm serious, why is it that everything has to be doable by X (often where X is represented by a number that includes the person making the argument)? If it's possible then either you get good enough to overcome the challenge or you don't, there's nothing that says you have to be able to finish the highest difficulty.
    It is a clear problem for Blizzard whether or not you agree with it. They were vocally happy with Nighthold having 2000 guilds clearing Gul'dan cutting edge and vocally unhappy with only 800 guilds clearing Kil'Jaeden. It seems to me they want a certain number of participating guilds and clears for mythic content fot it to remain being a use of both development time and the overall health of the high end difficulty.

There are guilds that you might consider not that skilled but after nerfs they are able to clear the content and Blizzard has utilized and been happy with this system this expansion, as they have continued doing so. So yes, the "X" number absolutely matters.

How many of the top guilds are doing the raids without their WA's?
    You need to remember that when normal people do the raids, there's lot of WA's available for download, but these guilds build their addons on PTR - when no one else knows about the tactics yet.

They work together with DBM author and every guild has people who can LUA (Method has WA writer). If they don't - they can't compete. Mythic progression raiding at the top is very professional and organized these days - you can't succeed if you don't have these things.

You don't have to believe me - but also don't have to insult me by calling me a troll.
    I don't mean to insult you, but I feel that you are slightly misinformed and are exaggerating. I have friends in top 20-100 guilds which are what you would consider competitive guilds and are lacking half of the requirements you mentioned, as they are more applicable to the world first competitive guilds.
    Last edited by Richardbro; 2017-12-07 at 08:05 AM.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.