Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hmn, most races have around 4-6 racials (Though there are oddballs like orcs having 3)

There's a...
    Profession buff
    Stat buff
    Damage/Combat based
    Utility
    Flavor

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Off the top of my head, here are some things that seem like they could make sense:

Blessing of the Loa - 1% Mastery. I feel like a mastery buff kind of fits with Zandalari.
    Scion of Zuldazar - Hearthstone effect that sends you back to Zuldazar
    Primal Blood - 2/3 min cooldown that produces a small HoT and increases leech by x% for 20 seconds. The leech buff is a way of having a regen-esque effect while being different enough from Darkspear troll.

And just for fun, even though I'm sure it's impossible:
    Ancient Ties - all normally hostile Troll NPC's behave as if they were neutral.
    Agreed on the mastery buff.

Some kind of 'active' self target heal over time spell works, instant might be too strong but channeled might be a nice tradeoff from Darkspear who have it as a passive. Another way to explore it might be to have Poison, Bleed, and Disease effects half reduced durations.

Honestly I think inscription works better for Zandalari's long history than Nightborne, but leatherworking works reasonably well too

They've got some stone/scale-like growth on their bodies, so perhaps a 1% decrease to physical damage? Maybe just from beasts or other trolls to keep it from getting OP?
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Off the top of my head, here are some things that seem like they could make sense:

Blessing of the Loa - 1% Mastery. I feel like a mastery buff kind of fits with Zandalari.
    Scion of Zuldazar - Hearthstone effect that sends you back to Zuldazar
    Primal Blood - 2/3 min cooldown that produces a small HoT and increases leech by x% for 20 seconds. The leech buff is a way of having a regen-esque effect while being different enough from Darkspear troll.

And just for fun, even though I'm sure it's impossible:
    Ancient Ties - all normally hostile Troll NPC's behave as if they were neutral.
    These would actually work.
    I like the Leech effect!
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Chizitzz View Post
    Paladin. /10char
    Not a racial

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    They lose automatically to any elf race and Pandaren in PvP.
    I loled to be fair they have been on the losing side of pretty much every conflict in the semi distant to recent history

Only time they have "won" anything was back in first version of ZG when they stopped hakkar and even that was indirectly since they recruited us to do it for them. Feels bad for the once mightiest empire

#makezandalarigreatagain? <sarcasmsign> just in case.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    I loled to be fair they have been on the losing side of pretty much every conflict in the semi distant to recent history

Only time they have "won" anything was back in first version of ZG when they stopped hakkar and even that was indirectly since they recruited us to do it for them. Feels bad for the once mightiest empire

#makezandalarigreatagain? <sarcasmsign> just in case.
    All empires fall. Look at the Night Elves.
    They live in trees now.

Well... for now
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Maybe they will get something like what the Zandalari had in ZG, a small 10 second buff increasing magic/Melee dmg or maybe something Loa related

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    All empires fall. Look at the Night Elves.
    They live in trees now.

Well... for now
    #toosoon /sad10chars

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemPenguin View Post
    Not a racial
    Paladin. /10char
    "It really do be like that sometimes..."

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    They lose automatically to any elf race and Pandaren in PvP.
    Zandalari didn't lose to elves.

As for racials. TBH I don't have any ideas. But biggest range for casters sounds cool. I guess they should have regeneration of some sort and racial regarding dinosaurs/ loa / ancient knowledge. But I cannot come up with anything.

I know I'd like some good pvp viable racial.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I've been thinking about this one a lot actually!

Given their history in the game, my guesses are:

Clickable: Similar to Light of the Naaru that Draenei have. Something that is a fast self HoT.
    Stat: +1% mastery
    Defensive: Reduced damage from pets/minions by 1%-2%
    Fluff: +5% mounted movement speed.

If their clickable is an offensive racial rather than defensive, how about some sort of venom that puts a nasty DoT on your enemy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Random ideas;

"Blessing of the Loa - Receive a blessing from the Loa that heals you for 20% of your total health over 5 seconds."
    Similar to Gift of the Naaru, but can only be cast on yourself, provides a similar alternative to Darkspear's Regeneration racial.

"Troll Blood - Reduces the duration of Bleed effects by 20%"
    Early item lore suggested Trolls have thick blood, which may cause wounds to seal quicker.

"Hex of the Loa - Applies a random debuff to the target."
    Effect depends on the random Loa called upon, perhaps a random CC. Shadra: Root, Hir'eek: Disorientate, Bwonsamdi: Fear, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kufell View Post
    Random ideas;

"Blessing of the Loa - Receive a blessing from the Loa that heals you for 20% of your total health over 5 seconds."
    Similar to Gift of the Naaru, but can only be cast on yourself, provides a similar alternative to Darkspear's Regeneration racial.

"Troll Blood - Reduces the duration of Bleed effects by 20%"
    Early item lore suggested Trolls have thick blood, which may cause wounds to seal quicker.

"Hex of the Loa - Applies a random debuff to the target."
    Effect depends on the random Loa called upon, perhaps a random CC. Shadra: Root, Hir'eek: Disorientate, Bwonsamdi: Fear, etc.
    I like 'em. I'd like to see some superior berserker skill.
    Maybe a counterpart to the twilight boys in the alliance, having a stat empowered by the Loa randomly in combat

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Zandalari didn't lose to elves.
    The Zandalari eventually clashed with the nascent night elves. Drawing arcane magic from the Well of Eternity, the night elves shocked the trolls by handing them a rapid and resounding defeat. The night elves pushed the trolls out of some of their lands and were then able to establish the Kaldorei Empire.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zandalari_troll
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    When the Sundering came, the wise Zandalari trolls wove swift magics to protect their realm. The land around their territory shuddered; waves crashed in and trees and soil sank beneath the waves. Through it all, the Zandalari's land remained largely intact.
    Zandalari Mages pls

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    When the Sundering came, the wise Zandalari trolls wove swift magics to protect their realm. The land around their territory shuddered; waves crashed in and trees and soil sank beneath the waves. Through it all, the Zandalari's land remained largely intact.
    Zandalari Mages pls
    I've no doubt the Zandalari will count Mages among them - they've a long and storied tradition with the Arcane to draw on, after all.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Zandalari Mages pls
    We do see arcanitals on the Isle of Thunder, so it's not out of the question. They seem to be something like mage-priests, where they use magic through spirit-bound masks to create light-like magic.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    We do see arcanitals on the Isle of Thunder, so it's not out of the question. They seem to be something like mage-priests, where they use magic through spirit-bound masks to create light-like magic.
    The generic Arcanitals use Arcane spells so...
    Zandalari Mage hype it is

Masters of Sea - The Zandalari has a history With the sea. 30 increased skill in Fishing
    Undefeatable - The Zandalari has always risen up after taking mortal blows. They get a 5% Leech
    Primodial Brains - The Zandalari is a highly developed species. They get a flat 1% boost to their primary stat.
    Dinomancy - The Zandalari has a Natural affinity With dinosaurs. As such they can Call upon a Mount which can be used in combat for a brief period of time. Upon Learning flying you will Call upon a pterodactyl instead. If you are marked for PvP you will summon a ground Mount regardless.
    An'u belore delen'na

Deleted
    Since Zandalari are the recorders of troll history maybe some buff to archaeology. Like a boost and more likely to find rare items?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    Masters of Sea - The Zandalari has a history With the sea. 30 increased skill in Fishing
    Undefeatable - The Zandalari has always risen up after taking mortal blows. They get a 5% Leech
    Primodial Brains - The Zandalari is a highly developed species. They get a flat 1% boost to their primary stat.
    Dinomancy - The Zandalari has a Natural affinity With dinosaurs. As such they can Call upon a Mount which can be used in combat for a brief period of time. Upon Learning flying you will Call upon a pterodactyl instead. If you are marked for PvP you will summon a ground Mount regardless.
    I like the leech racials. I don't think there's one in game. Maybe the undead one

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Since Zandalari are the recorders of troll history maybe some buff to archaeology. Like a boost and more likely to find rare items?
    While likely, Dwarves already have an archaeology buff. But hey, it's possible and it fits