Do you keep your notebooks from college?

So I like to keep ahold of my notebooks from my classes that I take for my degree. Especially the technical class ones. Do you keep yours?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I did save mine. I have some neatly packed away and others I reference regularly on my bookcase.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    I have them from a few classes, where the notes were particularly useful in terms of the information they held or were from classes I super enjoyed. I was the type of person for every useful page of notes I would have two pages of doodles, so I didn't end up with a lot of comprehensive notes after graduation. Maybe 3-4 classes, max.

I also saved basically every book I ever bought for my degree coursework. Not the general ed stuff, but everything else. But I like books and a number of them are things I'd want in my library anyway, so no regrets except when I move and have to move them.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So I like to keep ahold of my notebooks from my classes that I take for my degree. Especially the technical class ones. Do you keep yours?
    No? Why would I go to college when I can go to a top university.

I keep all my text books, and keep the corresponding notebooks with them. My coursework was heavily related to my post-collegiate work, so I do often pull out a textbook and notebook for reference.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    I thought most people were familiar with the usage already, but to Americans college" is synonymous with "uni." Going to a top university would still be colloquially called going to college.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I thought most people were familiar with the usage already, but to Americans college" is synonymous with "uni." Going to a top university would still be colloquially called going to college.
    Also generally University is the whole organization that often breaks down into individual colleges. Like at my university we have the college of technology, the college of arts, etc., etc. The university houses each of the individual colleges.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

i saved a lot of my school books, and note books i am sure i saved certain ones, that i enjoyed the class of

i forgot to return a book in 6th grade english at the end of the school year, i remember be afraid that they would come after me for "stealing" it haha

Deleted
    Never had any. Hardly ever took notes. Personally I find it distracting from what's actually going on, and it's mostly all in the book anyway. Pay attention in class, read the book once or twice before finals, good to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have all my notes and every paper I wrote on an external drive around here somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep my notes, papers, text books, etc. when ever I can. I still have papers I wrote 20 years ago....

10+ Year Old Account
    I kept mine mostly because I decorated the covers and really like the way they look. I peeled off the very top layer of the glossy stuff so that it's just papery and then drew logos of bands I like and filled in all the empty space with lyrics from said bands. Looks pretty snazzy.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I barely kept mine during the class. Except the ones that were mostly doodles, which I did keep.

Taking written notes was never a solid learning technique for me. Actively listening and then solving problems worked better.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    A smart person would know they're the same in the US. Guess you wouldn't be going to any top level institute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I did till I graduated then I pitched them all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    A smart person would know
    Well lol it's Tennis. No one has ever accused Tennis of being smart.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a couple left that are for classes/topics I particularly wanted to save (algorithms, data structures, computation theory, etc), the rest got thrown away.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest