Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Expansion LOL. Nothing gets expanded. You don't even have access towards these old contents.
    Yes you do..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    Yes you do..
    No, I don't.

Classic maps? Classic barrens? Classic Orgrimmar? Classic Stormwind? etc.

Including those old quests for defias etc.

Including vanilla scarlet monetary etc.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-12-08 at 12:37 PM.

Guess I'm out for now.
    As amusing as this has been, it's time to take a nice nap and do some grocery shopping after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Guess I'm out for now.
    As amusing as this has been, it's time to take a nice nap and do some grocery shopping after that.
    Yeah I expect this shitshow to be shut down soon enough

In the short time I've gotten to know people on the Classic WoW subforum, I've grown more and more relieved that they might steer away from "retail WoW" altogether and stick together on their classic servers. I'm sure not all of them are that way, but the vocal and visible community is really toxic and immature.

Which I find amusing considering how one of the qualities of Classic always harped about is the better community. If that's the kind of community that awaits me on Classic servers, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    In the short time I've gotten to know people on the Classic WoW subforum, I've grown more and more relieved that they might steer away from "retail WoW" altogether and stick together on their classic servers. I'm sure not all of them are that way, but the vocal and visible community is really toxic and immature.

Which I find amusing considering how one of the qualities of Classic always harped about is the better community. If that's the kind of community that awaits me on Classic servers, no thanks.
    It isnt, most of these are just people that were too young to be relevant in the Vanilla period, and since they couldnt do shit then, they believe they will do something now.

Or people that think their opinion matters how WoW is doing when they cant even play it properly despite playing it for 12 years.

I joined a casual guild which is full of this type of people "WoW gets worse as time passes, i quit" and they play retarded P2W games like World of Tanks, despite they cant even perform past an AFKing LFR player while trying, but somehow, Vanilla was better.

Of course it was better if we look at their example, they are so shit at the game they could hide it back then.

Anyone of the IRL people i know that played Vanilla to a relevant level, aka AQ/Naxx clearing that i spoke too dont even give a rats ass about it, while the now 25 year old, then 13 year old, is so excited its coming back, when i asked him why its simply because "I was too young and stupid to play it well".
    Last edited by potis; 2017-12-08 at 12:42 PM.

WTF LOOOOL, man really you should go to a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    It isnt, most of these are just people that were too young to be relevant in the Vanilla period, and since they couldnt do shit then, they believe they will do something now.

Or people that think their opinion matters how WoW is doing when they cant even play it properly despite playing it for 12 years.

I joined a casual guild which is full of this type of people "WoW gets worse as time passes, i quit" and they play retarded P2W games like World of Tanks, despite they cant even perform past an AFKing LFR player while trying, but somehow, Vanilla was better.

Of course it was better if we look at their example, they are so shit at the game they could hide it back then.

Anyone of the IRL people i know that played Vanilla to a relevant level, aka AQ/Naxx clearing that i spoke too dont even give a rats ass about it, while the now 25 year old, then 13 year old, is so excited its coming back, when i asked him why its simply because "I was too young and stupid to play it well".
    Ah, thanks for your opinion on it. I was fairly young when I started, that was TBC release then, I think, so I kind of can empathize with that part. Wanting to go back to Classic or TBC - early days, and doing it better now that you are older and smarter. (hopefully)

That said, I have little interest in Classic or TBC realms myself. I've never had any nostalgia for those times and would probably quit if I was made to play TBC today.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    WTF LOOOOL, man really you should go to a doctor.
    A little context: He seems to be from China, where the culture is a little different. I don't know for sure, but I think his view of capitalism is considered the norm there.
    Doesn't make what he says right, but still. Clearly Blizzard wouldn't "literally kill someone". But that's the prevaling view there, as far as I'm aware.

Or maybe I'm just ignorant. One of the two.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Retailers" huh... So that's the word people who are in private servers and full of hate refer to people who currently play the game.
    Too bad there are a lot of veterans who would like to go back to playing the vanilla version and have played more or just as much as you during its release, yet they never looked upon private servers because of their shitty quality experience.
    It's this kind of attitude that backfires on you people, to be honest, in a try to appeal to the general public. It may work in your little echo chambers though.

If people hold on true to blizzard's word, Ion already explained that the classic servers will be exactly as they were (bug fixes might be included), it's just thinking which patch cycle they should introduce it as. So, no class balance, no lfg/lfr, no improved flightpaths, nothing. After this announcement, rational people whould have started to just quiet down and waited for more information on it from the devs. However, people so emotional and full of hate would never quiet down, so now the shitstorm and civil war between the classic server enthusiasts is at least leaving the rest of us lots of comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    1. Your Feral isn't on the meters b/c in a Nefarian fight, his primal responsibility was to offtank and combat res.

2. Your Ret isn't on the meters b/c he probably offhealed when healers died in the mess or wasn't geared enough. If he was properly geared, he'd be up there with the Hunters.

3. Your raid doesn't know how to play because a Hunter is 4th on the meters, and Hunters weren't a pure DPS class in Vanilla meaning they didn't have the DPS potential of Mages, Warriors, Locks and Rogues.

4. Vanilla Class Design was fine. There was one Raiding Tree, one PvP Tree and one Levelling/Multi-Role Tree for all classes. The fact that you don't want to understand this doesn't mean that the class design was bad.
    Hope you brought your time machine. We can go back in the past 11+ years and teach those people how to do Vanilla raiding now that all the information is now known! You may claim to have played Vanilla back in the day but no one gives a fuck about your supposed raid expertise on a Vanilla-Lite PS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't make what he says right, but still. Clearly Blizzard wouldn't "literally kill someone". But that's the prevaling view there, as far as I'm aware.
    If it is enough profitable, they will do this.

Deleted
    I've found the requests like pet battles amusing. I genuinely laughed.

Other then the fact that this is a "name and shame" thread where the op can't comprehend someone that has a different idea ... the guy was right, the Classic community don't really know what they want when it comes to details , like what patch of classic to start, do they leave all the bugs in or what bug to take out ? ... do they leave the old graphics in? and so on and so on ...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    In China, perhaps. You can't do that shit in the US...
    Oh! USA has murdered a lot of people and overthrowed so many legitimate governments during its short period of history. Killing people in the middle east in order to steal their oil resources. yea!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NMr2VrhmFI
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    Other then the fact that this is a "name and shame" thread where the op can't comprehend someone that has a different idea ... the guy was right, the Classic community don't really know what they want when it comes to details , like what patch of classic to start, do they leave all the bugs in or what bug to take out ? ... do they leave the old graphics in? and so on and so on ...
    Does live community know what they want when it comes to details? neither
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-12-08 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    For people who don't know, after Nostalrius got shut down, the Vanilla private server scene moved first to ex-Czechoslovakia and then to Russia.

We told the trolls in these forums that Blizzard cannot shut down our servers after we moved to Russia. Even today, the most popular Nostalrius Vanilla server clones are run by Russians.
    yo i didn't post this smh

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    So you want what literally killed the rpg feel of the game. Homogenazation. People have the knowledge now of what specs are viable for certain things. If you choose one thats crap for what you want to do its your fault. They would have to totally redesign all of the gear in vanilla to make all specs viable. An undertaking i dont want to see blizzard tackle due time constraints on the hype. They would also have to rebalance bosses depending on what abilities you gave classes.

Also this idea that because a boss has a million mechanics makes them harder is laughable. Take away all of your current aoe heals, put threat management back in the game, and make all classes have mana issues to deal with. Those are mechanics the current game doesnt have. Oh yea make most bosses untauntable so if you lose the tank youlose half the raid since the secondary tank cant just taunt the boss.
    I'm sorry, where exactly did I say I wanted that? I know reading comprehension doesn't come easily to most people, but nowhere in my entire post did I say that I think the specs should all be changed. I simply said that if you want to compare balanced games, current retail is much more balanced than vanilla ever was. This isn't really a dispute; there's a reason the vanilla players joke about oomkins and lolret. The game was incredibly poor with balancing classes and specs back then and they've said it themselves many times over the years. But I'd like for you to show me the part where I said that I wanted them to change all that for classic please. Do show me.

1. Your Feral isn't on the meters b/c in a Nefarian fight, his primal responsibility was to offtank and combat res.

2. Your Ret isn't on the meters b/c he probably offhealed when healers died in the mess or wasn't geared enough. If he was properly geared, he'd be up there with the Hunters.

3. Your raid doesn't know how to play because a Hunter is 4th on the meters, and Hunters weren't a pure DPS class in Vanilla meaning they didn't have the DPS potential of Mages, Warriors, Locks and Rogues.

4. Vanilla Class Design was fine. There was one Raiding Tree, one PvP Tree and one Levelling/Multi-Role Tree for all classes. The fact that you don't want to understand this doesn't mean that the class design was bad.
    Well aren't you so knowledgeable about the players in my raids from 12 years ago? Good for you! Or perhaps you may just not know shit about my raids, nevermind the fact that you didn't address the previous point where your ret paladin had to have a legendary just to be competitive enough to let him DPS in a raid at all. Our feral wasn't on the meters on Nefarian because feral simply wasn't as good as other DPS classes. Our ret wasn't on the meters because ret simply wasn't as good as other DPS classes. That hunter is fourth on the meter because he came from another guild that had already cleared BWL for months and was fully equipped in his T2 while most of us were still wearing ZG and T1 gear.

And anyone who thinks vanilla class design was fine under the standards of basically any current MMO is mental. It was "fine" back then because nobody knew what the hell they were getting into at the time. It was "fine" for a couple years of vanilla play even after everyone figured out what worked because classes were getting sweeping changes and entire talent tree reworks every patch. It wasn't as easy as one tree for raiding/PvP/leveling.

Look at mages. For all of MC and BWL (unless you massively outgeared them) frost was by far the spec to go for. It was also superior for PvP. It was also the best spec for leveling with the CC it provided, the safety from ganks provided by Ice Block, and the lower mana cost that Frostbolt had in comparison to Fireball for the time. So mages had one spec that was far and away the best spec until you started raiding AQ40 and Naxxramas, at which point fire excelled. Sure, you could dick around with fire on some BWL boss fights like Chromaggus and have a good laugh at rolling ignites during fire weakness, but it wasn't the superior spec for any content in the game at the time.

Look at rogues. Subtlety spec was basically nonexistent outside of having the most ridiculously slow weapons you could find to spam Hemo with, and that was generally only players that had access to the HWL/GM weapons which were a ludicrously slow speed compared to most other weapons before weapon speed normalization occurred on all abilities. Other than that you were basically Combat Daggers at all times. You wanted to level? Combat was best because if you overpulled you had Blade Flurry as an "oh shit" button to try and mow everything down. There was no value to the Subt tree in general outside going 5 points deep to buff your Backstab.

There were not cut and dry different trees for different things. The biggest thing that made mages cry when they reworked talent trees was their inability to spec "elemental" mage by splitting the frost and fire trees to pick and choose their favorite options; not that they lost a "leveling" talent tree or a "raiding" talent tree, but the fact that they couldn't split the uprights for their [subpar] preferred builds.

The balance was shit then, and the faster people realize that the faster they'll realize that the game is quite a bit more balanced now. I still never said they should re-balance Classic realms. I simply stated that they were not balanced back then. But please feel free to put words in my mouth, tell me about how my guild ran its raids, and exactly why players in my guild weren't showing up on damage meters. I do so enjoy history lessons about my own life from thieves who think their input matters more than loyal customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    It is united. Just some random live players who don't want classic troll the community.
    If it were united, we wouldn't have threads discussing the different aspects of Classic. There are legitimate concerns that even Private Servers tried to address for Vanilla.

For people who don't know, after Nostalrius got shut down, the Vanilla private server scene moved first to ex-Czechoslovakia and then to Russia.

We told the trolls in these forums that Blizzard cannot shut down our servers after we moved to Russia. Even today, the most popular Nostalrius Vanilla server clones are run by Russians.
    The hell are you talking about. Russia has one of the strictest laws when it comes down to piracy and intellectual rights infringements. If the servers are actually hosted in Russia, they're still running because Blizzard haven't bothered closing them down for some reason. Maybe to avoid another Notstalrius-like PR disaster, though it's likely to change the moment Calssic servers are out. Despite what people might think, Russia isn't some lawless wasteland. It's just like with any case like this, the copyright owner has to issue a cease and desist order or initiate any sort of legal action.

Just a few examples:
    Russian Wikipedia Faces Ban Due to Anti-Piracy Law, Director Says
    Russia beefs up anti-piracy laws
    New anti-piracy laws for Russia
    Last edited by Wiedzemir; 2017-12-08 at 01:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol.

Yea, no.

Prior to Blizzard announcing Classic servers, the 'Classic' players all had the Umbrella of 'I WANT THIS' to stand under, united. The vocal minority (including the "special" folk like the OP) all had one unifying psychosis of 'WOW HAS CHANGED TOO MUCH, I NEED MY NOSTALG-- OLD GAME'.

But. Once Blizzard announced it, the umbrella got put away and all the groups started to separate, based on their opinions of what 'Classic' is.

To say that ALL people who have a differing opinion of what Classic is, are 'Retail Trolls' is ignorant as fuck and makes me wonder how the hell you function outside in reality. Then again, there are people just as willfully ignorant in reality, so I really shouldn't be surprised.

Yes, there are 'Classic' advocates who actually want things that you, personally, don't agree with.

No, you (The OP) are not the god damned voice of the people/revolution/etc, and cannot speak for everyone, despite what you'd otherwise believe in your delusions.

Keep your 'MUH FEELS' and your tin-foil hattery to yourself if you can't show a shred of intelligence.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic