Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Yes, if only Trump hadn't made this announcement Israel's opponents would have finally laid down arms and come in good faith to discuss peace talks after all these years.
    Instead of antagonizing Israel's enemies Trump should do what he says he's good at and bring them to the negotiating table. But since Trump is all bluster the only thing he can do is put on a shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, but you cannot say the same wouldn’t have happened for other presidents.
    No other president has EVER been in this situation, at least in the last 100 or 150 years.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

No, you don’t get to ask a question and then dismiss it for being in another thread. Every issue, from healthcare to taxes has a thread on it, but it didn’t stop you from asking.

So, I will ask again, what did we or our ally, the beacon of democracy, gain by us doing this? What did Israel or US gain, in return for creating this risk?
    It's a necessary step in peace talks because Israel was never going to bargain away their capital. The idea that Jerusalem was up for debate rendered peace talks a pointless endeavor. Now that it's a settled matter, peace talks built on a reality-based foundation can take place.

This is to say nothing of the support for our ally in the Middle East which is geopolitically important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Instead of antagonizing Israel's enemies Trump should do what he says he's good at and bring them to the negotiating table. But since Trump is all bluster the only thing he can do is put on a shit show.
    ... or the other thing he said... America First...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I’m saying he is dumb...
    There isn't sufficient information to determine that, we can only be sure he is severely mentally ill - we can't be sure of his intellect.

Intellect isn't determinable from behaviour, mental illness is.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Let's be completely fair, NK were the ones that started launching missiles first, the US can't ignore that.
    We didn't - we never ignored it. We set sanctions and sent diplomats to negotiate. What we did NOT do is taunt the egomeniacle leader with bullying insults and threaten to use "fire and fury" and nukes on their citizens like Dumbfuck McDumpy is doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a necessary step in peace talks because Israel was never going to bargain away their capital. The idea that Jerusalem was up for debate rendered peace talks a pointless endeavor. Now that it's a settled matter, peace talks built on a reality-based foundation can take place.
    Why would Palestinians want to nagotiate now? This takes away their demands, removing them from nagotiating. You are settling a foreign argument, without addressing both sides of the argument. It’s literally what created the conflicts from how Israel was formed in the first place. There was no gain for Israel... there are no more discussions for peace over Jerousalem...

This is to say nothing of the support for our ally in the Middle East which is geopolitically important.
    It’s not supporting them at all. You are poking a hornets nest for no reason. You think removing a bargaining chip, means that the bargaining can finally begin? That is absurd...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Yes, if only Trump hadn't made this announcement Israel's opponents would have finally laid down arms and come in good faith to discuss peace talks after all these years.
    Don't be deliberately condescending and also deliberately obtuse in regards towards Dump's decision antagonizing the situation further - you know that's not what he meant. Peace is obtained through lengthy negotiations as an OUTSIDE third party and a willingness to sit down at the same table together. You know what doesn't do that? Being an oustider of the situation saying one side is right and the other side can go fuck itself.

Or, in short - throwing a slab of meat to one of the rabid pit bulls in the dogfighting arena and giving the other dog nothing. Go try shaking hands with that dog you denied now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I think that is what clouds almost anything when discussing Trump, he says a lot, but rarely follows up on it. I don't know what to trust and what to conclude on basically anything regarding him, and that isn't exactly a positive in my book, because it leaves you vulnerable to oversee poor actions muddled in a bunch of notions of poor actions.
    I'm not really troubled. The story of what terrible thing he was going to do changed constantly.

But it works. People moan about Nazis, Kneeling and autocracy(lol). Meanwhile, Republicans can work on their important things. Like passing tax codes they want to be done with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I ask why you think Trump doesn't care about people dying? The tax bill? Opposition to the individual mandate?
    Trump consistently fails to demonstrate empathy. People who lack empathy don't care about people. Ergo, Trump does not care about people (dying, or otherwise).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I dislike Trump I don't think he actively wants a massive death incident.

I do, however, think he has very little ability to see consequences of his words and actions and I also think his ego and narcissism render him clinically unable to back down and humble himself to avoid an incident.

I also, however, think if something were to happen he would take full advantage of it and twist it around, no matter how grotesque or inappropriate, to attack his perceived enemies, both personal and political.

Finally, I do not think we would see the banding together of support for him. Mainly because there would be a lot of perception that whatever occurred would be Trump's fault. If North Korea were to attack us there would be support for defending ourselves, but you would not see that support spill over into supporting Trump. In fact you'd probably see a lot of people actually take the opposite route -- that his actions directly caused the conflict and thus he is not the leader we need to resolve it.

Now if something completely weird and unexpected were to occur -- like an alien invasion or a meteor hitting the earth -- then you'd probably see his support rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Between his Jerusalem decision and his constant active antagonism of Kim Jong Un, it's growing more and more clear he wants another mass casualty event.

What does he have to gain from this, you ask? Quite a bit. Prior to 911, W was not a particularly popular president. It United the country to rally around him and made his approval rating skyrocket from 50% to 90%. Trump probably figures at this point it's the only thing that can save his dumpster fire of a presidency.
    So straight up conspiracy theories now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    As much as I dislike Trump I don't think he actively wants a massive death incident.

I do, however, think he has very little ability to see consequences of his words and actions and I also think his ego and narcissism render him clinically unable to back down and humble himself to avoid an incident.

I also, however, think if something were to happen he would take full advantage of it and twist it around, no matter how grotesque or inappropriate, to attack his perceived enemies, both personal and political.

Finally, I do not think we would see the banding together of support for him. Mainly because there would be a lot of perception that whatever occurred would be Trump's fault. If North Korea were to attack us there would be support for defending ourselves, but you would not see that support spill over into supporting Trump. In fact you'd probably see a lot of people actually take the opposite route -- that his actions directly caused the conflict and thus he is not the leader we need to resolve it.

Now if something completely weird and unexpected were to occur -- like an alien invasion or a meteor hitting the earth -- then you'd probably see his support rise.
    The bolded part. He continually fails to see the ramifications whenever he does stupid shit like this.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Also lets not forget, Palestinians are Shia - they are usually not targeting outsiders whereas Sunni's do (Al-Qaeda, ISIS) - so a 9/11 scenario is not likely.
    I am not saying a 9/11 scenario will happen but that is the big problem with Trump's decision, Jerusalem is the only thing that unites all Muslims whether Suni or Shia. Both Sunni and Shia nations strongly condemned Trump, that's why no president used this card at least not for free it's too dangerous.

We have enough topics about what Trump is actually doing to discuss.

We don't need one that veers into being a conspiracy that Trump is trying to sabotage the US for his possible re-election.

Closing this on that note.