View Poll Results: Do you see Blizzard implementing the WoW Token into Classic?

Voters
286. This poll is closed
  • Yes, totally see them doing this.

69 24.13%
  • No, then it wouldn't be Vanilla.

189 66.08%
  • That's a tough one...

28 9.79%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Essentially yes. Pay a subscription and get access to both classic and current.

I don't know that they would let you mix gold with the two sides of the game. Probably not now that I think about it.

But if you paid for your subscription by farming gold in regular WoW for tokens and simply having a subscription gave you access to classic it would be mostly the same thing.
    The subscription should give you access to the servers as long as you have a key attached to your account, i.e. the account-holder purchased a copy of the WoW: Classic software.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Guys. Chances are high you can play WoW with the normal game token u buy from the retail servers.
    I highly doubt we gotta have to buy 2 subscriptions for the same game. If we do. Then i will lose fate in Blizzard even more.
    I'm quite against the idea of a separate token for Classic.
    I guess I thought the whole discussion was about buying Classic gold with the WoW token on the likely-hood they will tie-in subscriptions with Retail. Not whether retail and classic will have separate subscriptions, regardless of a separate token if they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
    I guess I thought the whole discussion was about buying Classic gold with the WoW token on the likely-hood they will tie-in subscriptions with Retail. Not whether retail and classic will have separate subscriptions, regardless of a separate token if they did.
    Well, there's lot of ideas out there. Have to wait and see what the revenue models are.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Well, there's lot of ideas out there. Have to wait and see what the revenue models are.
    I think that's the best answer.

Just have to wait and see of course.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    No because it would mean people could buy gold legally. In vanilla you had to buy gold from chinese gold farmers. Vanilla isn't vanilla without the chinese.
    Thanks for the laugh! Your post (sarcasm) highlights the level of absurdity in the current discussions.
    Yea such insightful funny sarcasm. Because people have to buy gold. It's not like a commodity that has be obtained in game, not with real money. It's not like they've always been taking active countermeasures against gold farmers, and introducing the wow token was just them giving up and joining in the bandwagon of easy money from stupid people who like pay to win games.

All I ever really intended to say was that if you get Classic as a bonus for having a subscription to the current game then that would be a sort of side-door to Token ---> Classic.

I'm quite against the idea of a separate token for Classic.
    I guess I understood your point correctly the first time then. But I think you quoted the wrong thing xd

The main argument for people pro-WoW token seems to be "well you have chinese gold farmers, might as well have Blizzard do it instead". What a sound logical argument.

You do realize what that entails, right? "Well people can buy and sell drugs anyway, might as well make it legal", or "People get murdered anyway, why not make it legal if it doesn't stop literally everyone from getting murdered?" . "Why have laws if some people break them?"

This is the most absurd moot point that keeps getting parroted.

Likely tokens will be account wide, so this whole thing will be moot'.
    They might not be selectable from the server list but legacy/modern will be considered no different than if they were that simple to swap between, the tokens will be on modern and apply to both as it's all one account.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Likely tokens will be account wide, so this whole thing will be moot'.
    Account-wide isn't across different clients of the game which I can't imagine Classic won't be.

I don't think you'll be seeing "Classic servers" inside of the actually retail game that are just 60 only. I think you will have separate games. WoW, and Classic WoW.

i get purple high elves.

they get CLASSIQUE wow
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

I doubt it. Nobody would be able to afford one with gold. Anybody swapping real money for gold would be able to buy everything and skip the whole end game process of saving up for that 1000g mount. Even if they adjusted gold amounts for vanilla realms, it still seems daft to let people buy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    the tokens will be on modern and apply to both as it's all one account.
    Ya, that's ok, that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is possibly buying/selling a token inside of Classic.

Leave it in Retail, and if you want to pay for Classic with Retail gold I'm all for it. But just don't let it slip into Classic and be able to buy Classic gold with $$ from the token.

7+ Year Old Account
    The issue is there will be gold selling, FOR FUCKING SURE
    so would you lot rather have them be blizzard official?
    or third party scammers trying to hack you and trying to scam you?

that is your choice, i would rather not have wow tokens, but i know there will be gold sellers, and see the wow token as needed
    in a perfect world with no gold sellers, no need.
    but people will sell gold, and will scam. So i think the wow token will be needed
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    In Classic, economy plays a big role. It would be a disaster if they decide to add token. Game would change too much, too many useful gear pieces can be bought in AH, the feel of getting enough gold for first mount would be gone too and just overall AHplay is many people's main playstyle and reason why we play wow.

You should be able to farm gold on the current servers, buy tokens on the AH, and use them to pay for your sub (whether it's included with your regular sub or not - you can turn the token into blizzard money and pay your sub with that if its not included). That doesn't affect the gameplay at all and should be legit.

You should not be able to buy tokens for $ and use them to obtain gold on vanilla servers. It's not vanilla if you can do that.
    Last edited by chipwood; 2017-12-10 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

that is your choice, i would rather not have wow tokens, but i know there will be gold sellers, and see the wow token as needed
    but people will sell gold, and will scam. So i think the wow token will be needed
    I agree it's what Blizzard decided was the best way to combat gold all the crap gold sellers did. But I think it was Blizzards way of giving up, and the token on Classic would have terrible repercussions on capturing the magic of the Vanilla experience.

I mean, all the stories of people getting hacked by gold sellers, and being banned if you were caught completely steered me away back then from ever buying gold. I feel like of course, there will always be gold sellers, but it better without the token for Classic.
    Last edited by Forgon; 2017-12-10 at 11:43 AM.

Deleted
    ofc classic will be integrated to the bnet so it will have access tgo the tokens too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
    I agree it's what Blizzard decided was the best way to combat gold all the crap gold sellers did. But I think it was Blizzards way of giving up, and the token on Classic would have terrible repercussions on capturing the magic of the Vanilla experience.

I mean, all the stories of people getting hacked by gold sellers, and being banned if you were caught completely steered me away back then from ever buying gold. I feel like of course, there will always be gold sellers, but it better without the token for Classic.
    How was it "blizzard way of giving up" if they gave up they would have made all gold selling legal. Instead they worked hard on making and inserting their own system.
    that is EVERYTHING but giving up, they decided "nah fuck it, we are going to make our own system, with blackjack and hookers"

Also just because you got steered away, does not mean the mass does not, cause i know a few people who made bank gold selling. ALOT of people buy gold, specially when they were
    A. returning to the game
    B. on a new server/faction
    C. new account
    D. low on cash
    and guess what? a BRAND NEW vanilla server will be FILLED to the brim with people trying to get ends meet with gold, so the gold sellers will wollop the market
    1g for 1$ it will start off.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

No one cares for stupid people getting scammed, that's their fault for trying to cheat. It's a good thing because it's one of the reasons people don't buy gold from chinese farmers, but would buy gold from blizzard.

Gold sellers can be banned, just like cheaters and hackers and everything else. Just because some (even many) of them get away with it that doesn't mean that it should become an official blizzard-supported feature. I am fully against anything pay to win, even though people seem to have changed their mentality and got accustomed to it over time for some reason. You have to pay to get access to the game, that's fine. Everything from then out you're on your own, no amount of irl moneys should help you. You can pay people to boost you or buy gold from chinese farmers, but that's an organic thing that you have to organize on your own and comes with its own risks, not something official where you throw your money at a website and convert it into in-game currency.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Yes but that means you are much more likely to play retail in order to get the gold for token.
    I have nothing against people buying game time with gold, that's fine as a gold sink. The whole problem comes from people making in-game currency from irl money.
    Last edited by Sibylline; 2017-12-10 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    ofc classic will be integrated to the bnet so it will have access tgo the tokens too.
    Classic being tied-in with Retail for a subscription (and thus using a Token on it) isn't the question I'm asking though. I'm asking whether you think Blizzard will implement the purchasing/selling of those tokens inside Classic WoW, thus creating a way to legally buy gold (which was never a feature in Vanilla and I think would ruin the economy and much of the Vanila experience if you could just legally buy gold).

Deleted
    I hope not, since it would be an absolute deal-breaker for me. Unfortunately I think there is a good chance that today's Blizzard will put profiting ahead of everything else.