Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    You are stealing potential ad revenue by using adblock. There is a reason so many sites have begun to force premium services as of lately to pay off the hosting costs.
    How do you feel about it? Should every site cost to access?
    I'm protecting my system from their malware by using ad blocker. The most ironic example of this was a group of security researchers wanting to read a Forbes article on a colleague in the 30 Under 30 series and, after disabling their ad-blockers, were promptly served malware.

You are stealing potential ad revenue by using adblock. There is a reason so many sites have begun to force premium services as of lately to pay off the hosting costs.
    How do you feel about it? Should every site cost to access?
    I'll stop using adblock as soon as people start curating their ads to not be annoying as fuck, malware or both.

FWIW I have adblock disabled on Stack Exchange

10+ Year Old Account
    They wouldn't be if you stopped using adblock.
    Yes, they would. The entire reason ad blockers proliferated in the first place is because of intrusive, malware-riddled ads, flashy banners, and multiple popups on the same page. All these not only bog down site load times, they also steal your bandwidth leading to either increased fees on your end or reduced browsing. Putting ad designers on the honor system has failed, and people who are using ad blockers because they're worried about malicious software or irritated at being robbed of the bandwidth they pay for aren't going to just trust that ad designers will be on their best behavior this time, honest.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I reserve my right to internet privacy and safety over your piddly ass claims to monetary gain over ads I've never given a second glance to.

When advertisement gets out of the 'first, bloodiest period' era of being extremely anti-consumer and actually starts giving a fuck about all the people they are stealing and selling private information about, I'll care about whether or not advertisements deserve my views.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what else is also stealing, trying to take revenue from an infrastructure you didn't create, and not provided a toll or pay service for using a site rather than simply pretend others are obligated because you set up shop, welcomed the public in, and told the very same people they now owe you money for the invite.

Lol Net Neutrality, and people wonder about the greedy other fish for being more greedy.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    i use two thing's Noscript and addblock.. if it wasn't for adblocks letting even more shit thou i'd hav just settled with it.

And add's are cancer in all forms not just on the internett!

Deleted
    Abusive marketing (online or by mail) is against the law on my country. So, no, I'm not stealing anything, I'm opting-out as permitted by law.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Abusive marketing (online or by mail) is against the law on my country. So, no, I'm not stealing anything, I'm opting-out as permitted by law.
    I'm extremely happy I don't live in your country if they consider adverts on websites to be abusive.

Deleted
    Using ads is stealing my attention

7+ Year Old Account
    When the ads are malware that are trying to steal from me - i dont feel bad stealing from them.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you think about it all ads are malware, even the IRL ones.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woadnson View Post
    Adverts are theft of my bandwidth.
    This.

/Thread
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I'm extremely happy I don't live in your country if they consider adverts on websites to be abusive.
    Ever heard of consumer rights? We all have the right to opt-out adverts.

Deleted
    I understand your reasons, but try to understand ours.
    Before Adblock,
    Adobe flash was a thing and it was used on animated ads. This shit slowed the website by like 70%.
    Ad pop-ups - you click them by mistake most of the time, which was a hassle closing tabs everytime
    Web-sites automatically turned on loud music upon website visit, which did lead to embarrassing moments in public.
    Google took ads to the next level. Spying your every move was and is not nice.

Solutions ? Either Adblock or make companies use HTML5 to implement small gifs on their website that are not annoying.

What about the invasive ads that redirect me off the site I am on, how is that anything good at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    What about the invasive ads that redirect me off the site I am on, how is that anything good at all?
    But the free Ipad !

It’s always that I won a free spin or a new iPhone X lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Turning the volume down on your TV when the ads come on is stealing.