Poll: Should Titanforging be Removed from the Game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Like a lot of the people here I would really like for it to be removed. It's the main reason i cancelled my sub halfway through mythic ToS.

I'd remove it entirely.

I like warforge with the 5 ilvl max as a 'proc'\bonus, alongside the possibility of a socket for a gem, but titanforged is completely out of whack.

Then people start raid tiers with an item level 15-25 above what's supposed\intended and just faceroll content. Good times. That was the main issue behind Emerald Nightmare's undertuning and the reason behind massive overtunes on some raids\bosses, to try and counter those player power increases. It's also a source of frustration when same class guildie gets their BIS trinket with a 50 ilvl increase and you get an average one, woohooo, fun times ahead.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2017-12-10 at 09:31 PM.

the problem is the people that are offended that someone managed to get something nice outside of a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Windirmere View Post
    If im farming older content for Ap i would like a small chance at an upgrade. They should just nerf last tier trinkets and this would not be a problem.
    No, they should not do that.
    1. If a piece of item is not OP in raid A, it can not be OP in raid B. If it is, adjust new pieces of gear, never the old ones. If it is too strong in the current tier, ok, go ahead.
    2. It is GOOD to have a reason to go back to older raids, e.g. farming CoV is fun and rewarding. It is in no way necessary to beat current raids, but it gives something meaningful to do between actuall progression.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I like it. It gives me a reason to run mythic+ over and over and over again, other than for the sheer enjoyment of it.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    Personally, I like it. It gives me a reason to run mythic+ over and over and over again, other than for the sheer enjoyment of it.
    Erm.. You like it because it forces you to do things that are not enjoyable?

I think it'd be nice if it wasn't possible on the highest ilvls but still made it useful for running older stuff and catching up (also leveling bonuses).

Quote Originally Posted by yamienigma View Post
    the problem is the people that are offended that someone managed to get something nice outside of a raid.
    I've gotten 'something nice' on pretty much every single character I play (I only raid/pug HC on one char, on others I rarely bother with LFR) and I hate TF with passion. It creates far more problems than it solves (see the daily thread about people crying that they are not invited to anything even with decent ilvls - ye, no shit they aren't when the majority of them are garbage-tier regardless of the fact that they are finally handed free gear left and right - people raiding mainly normal/occasional HC ToS were worse geared than those who just grinded relinquished tokens despite the fact that the latter were almost universally less skilled in an equal scenario; also, character 'powerfulness' being quite heavily tied to a RNG makes at least me feel quite disconnected from my characters - like there is no linear and meaningful progression, everything just feels so all over the place and random).
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Titanforging does NOT exist as a "catchup" mechanic (sure, it is a side effect.) The entire point of TF is to KEEP CONTENT RELEVANT and encourage people to run old and/or "lower than their ilvl" content and still feel like they could be rewarded. Raid loggers and Type-A competitive players hate TF'ing because it "forces" them to play the game for more than a few hours per week...for everyone else, TF'ing is great.
    Agree on this fully.
    Personally, I like RNG in Legion, therefore I like TF.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Maybe cap it 5/10 ilvls below the next tier of content. And let it only occur once you've hit a certain threshold like the ilvl of the current raid.
    Then it would not do what it is intended to do: Give you a reason to do older content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Well, for me M+ is enjoyable - as long as there are rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by yamienigma View Post
    This is why I like the system, what I´d like to see removed is versatility on items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitobunny View Post
    I think it'd be nice if it wasn't possible on the highest ilvls but still made it useful for running older stuff and catching up (also leveling bonuses).
    That is not what it is intended for and would give you no reason to try to get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    No, I like it because it makes what I like doing in the game even more interesting.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Remove it and Warforge. Its Cancer for the game
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I actually do agree with this... just have it warforged max and that's it.

I would even support the idea of bringing back valor as we had it in MoP and WoD where you could upgrade your gear (and maybe you could purchase some additional stuff with valor)

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    That is not what it is intended for and would give you no reason to try to get it.
    Yeah that's kind of my point, it shouldn't be used to "try and get it". The intention behind it was to put a bit of excitement behind a drop, which is devalued if your farming for it. If there had to be some sort of upgrading system, I'd rather just see an ilvl token drop thing instead.

Remove.

The reason given for Titanforging was that you felt compelled to do old content, eg if a friend asked you to run a mythic 0 dungeon, you would have a chance of having that OMG moment of getting +90 titanforge.

Spoiler: If it wasn't for AP or Legendaries, you wouldn't do that content anyway. So in that regard, it failed completely. +5 or even +10 is fine.

yeah i came back yesterday from a 2 week hiatus. My work didnt allow me to take part in teh first two weeks of antorus. i got a m+14 965 relic in my weekly chest, and i got a 965 bis neck from normal boss. i cleared the instance an normal, and minus the set pieces and the 965 tf neck nothing was interesting at all. Titanforging makes you run this shit on normal even if u cleared it on mythic, thats stupid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    I doubt it'll ever go away. It's an elegant way to "nerf" content over time without needing zone buffs.

(On top of the replay value and psychological reasons for RNG drops)
    I would more say it is the easy/lazy way to nerf content over time. Its not smart, it is not elegant, it is a feature, which tumbles around the shop, trying to get its job done, but keeps knocking cups, plates and porcelain on the floor.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I actually like Titanforging. Warforging I was totally indifferent towards. Titanforging gives you a reason to do stuff, you otherwise might not do. But it also doesn't feel mandatory since your gambling on a rather small chance.

Titanforging is only really an issue for Mythic Raiders, in such a case I feel like there should be a system similar to MoP for Mythic Raiders to upgrade their gear.