Poll: What was the worse addition/change to WOW?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fion Silberpfeil View Post
    For all the hate that LFR/LFD gets, its surprinsing that its one of the lowest. What happend?
    You'll generally find many of the 'hot-button' topics on this forum (most of which are neatly summed up in that poll) are the result of a few noisy voices rather than some tidal wave of discontent from the 'silent majority.'
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

WF/TF.
    I heavily dislike it.

Though i did love the system they introduced back in MoP where you used Valor points to upgrade your gear. It kept the thrill of character progression going imho and was waaaay better than this rng WF/TF system we got now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Would have to go with none of the above as they have all added to the game.

Loot used to be " keep killing till 1 of 4 things dropped and if it was your turn, WHEN it dropped then you won"

Now its kill until the one item drops for you under personal loot and hope it titanforges.

The thing that I have against titanforging is not the forging its peoples perception that if it doesn't titanforge its junk when thats blatenanlty not true.

Its another false perception and an unrealistic one at that.

The hardcore people are looking for an end point where with Titanforging, there really isn't one unless you get every single item at the max titanforge cap.

And really only the more hardcore raiders (mentality wise) seem to be bothered by it. Personally I think its great, as I know as long as I run the content there is a chance of an upgrade and thats the point of it.
    ^^ This. I don't understand the hate against random loot being randomly better, but whatever. I don't personally like the way legendaries are done (random random random) but the TF stuff is just a nice surprise and the mythic chest TF stuff is a lovely once/week item.

No SELFIE camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Right? God forbid you have to play with other people in a MULTIPLAYER GAME right? Go play a single player game if you don't want people around.
    Out in the open world? Give me a break! If there was real challenges where you needed to group up without that group finder thing then yes but seeing other people to me in the open world is no more real than NPCs imo

All i see now is competition and frustration and i dont even play on a pvp server!!

A lot of the stuff in the poll seem like odd choices to bring up.

Guess if I had to pick though... Titanforging can be pretty frustrating just because of the huge gap between a basic item and a perfect titanforged item, combined with how rare the latter is. I get the idea behind it and stretching out progression isn't necessarily a bad thing, but in practice it means it's nearly impossible for you to ever be properly BiS and it takes away some of the competitive fun in endgame raiding when there's so much loot variance.

Legion Legendaries are (or were, based on playtime) in a similar boat in that there's no real way to farm the one you want and there's a huge variance between no legendaries and perfect legendaries, and I'm surprised OP didn't include those.

CRZ I've got mixed feelings about. Some servers felt way too dead pre-CRZ and between CRZ and cross-realm grouping I've done more open world grouping in the last few months than I did in the first few years I had the game, but as others have pointed out it makes farming rare stuff incredibly frustrating between extra competition and realm hopping shenanigans.

LFR
    Heroics/Multiple difficulty for same instance
    Cross servers players in world
    Warforge Titanforge items

All of the options in the poll are great things and I'm happy they've been added to the game. Maybe except the titanforging mechanic, which I just don't care about.

PS. I also hated LFR back in the day when I was "hardcore". Now I have a job, and lots of new duties I didn't have back in the day and LFR is my only way of raiding. I'm glad it's here.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2017-12-11 at 01:47 AM.

Was a hard choice, there are a few I hate with passion.

I chose Cross realm because imo it destroyed the MMO part of WoW. Destroyed the community.

If I were able to choose multiple it would be, Cross Realm, LFR, warforge/titanforge, multiple difficulty for raiding, free epics.

The answer is clearly flying mounts. Now we're entitled to fly in every zone forever and the zones have to be built with flying in mind, rather than building the best experience it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    LFR gave them a reason to keep making raids. If it wasn't LFR we would be lucky to get a 5 boss raid once a year at most.
    Nope. LFR justified larger raids.
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...03230542442496
    Originally Posted by Watcher
    Q:I have read posts that claim you have said LFR saved raiding from bean counters and the chopping block. I cant find this. T/F?
    A:There are no "bean counters" -- just us prioritizing. Can justify larger raids, more art, when it's not just a few seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    LFR and 4 difficulty per raid would be my guesses.
    Do you prefer the BC setup where half of raiders would still be doing EN and ToV (T4 equivalent), another third were good enough to get into NH and ToS (T5 equivalent), and less than 10% of raiders ever got to see Antorus?

If you can imagine how much people complain now about having nothing to do and they're so tired of this boring old raid, imagine only have 1-2 of them to do the entire xpac. That's why we have difficulties.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Moving away from the Cata/MoP raid group sizes.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly multiple difficulties... or whatever started the ilvl/gearscore craze.

Arenas, especially 2 man arenas. Trying to balance that completely ruined a lot of specs and killed a lot of unique abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Loot used to be " keep killing till 1 of 4 things dropped and if it was your turn, WHEN it dropped then you won"

Now its kill until the one item drops for you under personal loot and hope it titanforges.

The thing that I have against titanforging is not the forging its peoples perception that if it doesn't titanforge its junk when thats blatenanlty not true.
    The whole community has been built for that kind of polarized mentality for 13 years, it's not going to change overnight.

TF is one of those things that drive MAU's - and since Blizzard is measured by MAU's these days and not on subs - they keep implementing these things that "encourage" you to repeat content. So for a raider you need to repeat LFR every week - because it might give you a mythic TF piece. You need to repeat and repeat and repeat - because otherwise you're "shit" or a "baddie".

The design has changed (drastically and fast) as corporate KPIs have been pushed into game design terms - but as usual Blizzard has done nothing to the community. Because they ultimately don't give a shit about the community.

That's my problem with the TF (and other RNG features that drive MAU's)

Most of these problems are due to multiple difficulties of raids.

I would love to have 1 difficulty: Mythic aka normal.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Missing a ton of gameplay features in that poll, or an ''other'' option at least.

Also lol @ these results. The salt over Titanforge is entirely disproportionate to its effects.

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Was a hard choice, there are a few I hate with passion.

I chose Cross realm because imo it destroyed the MMO part of WoW. Destroyed the community.

If I were able to choose multiple it would be, Cross Realm, LFR, warforge/titanforge, multiple difficulty for raiding, free epics.
    I wish they would kill cross realm and leave it at RealID.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I definitely feel LFD/LFR impacted the community severely, don't get me wrong, but WF/TF are a cancer that have both plagued this game for too long - far more so TF, even in its short timespan.

I'd take the sense of community hit any day over TF existing at all.