LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    The game is shit.

That is why overwatch is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    All i see when i read the OP is: "I lost badly versus a OW hero, so they need to delete them!"

The game is shit.

thE gAMe IS SHit

tHaT iS wHY ovErWatCh Is dEaD

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Not sure if you are being sarcastic but how does that makes sense when HotS first existed in WarCraft 3?
    If I'm following this thread correctly, it's because they're OP and Warcraft 3 is dead.

It's definitely sarcasm.

Sweet, nice to meet someone who lives in a different reality than the rest of us. What color is the sky where you're from, is it the same as it is here, or is it it different?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Not sure if you are being sarcastic but how does that makes sense when HotS first existed in WarCraft 3?
    No it didn't. HotS first existed in Starcraft 2 as "Blizzard Dota" before Valve copyrighted 'Dota'.

Mobas (Still hate that abbreviation) and what became Hots started in Starcraft 1 as Aeon of Strife, before being remade in WC3 as Defense of the Ancients.

If you're gonna nitpick someone being sarcastic, at least do it right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    All i see when i read the OP is: "I lost badly versus a OW hero, so they need to delete them!"
    Its the same in every HotS OW heroes (usually Genji) hate thread. Its kinda sad because Genji for me is the most enjoyable hero since HotS came out. He's fun and cool, and he's my favorite OW character. I dont think he is that OP (yeah i know, everyone says that for their Main character), even if i play against him. He's annoying, but OP? Seems its just 'cool' to hate him these days... just go to HotS subreddit and say you're a Genji main...you get treated like a criminal and idiot and much more...

Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    IIts kinda sad because Genji for me is the most enjoyable hero since HotS came out. He's fun and cool, and he's my favorite OW character. I dont think he is that OP (yeah i know, everyone says that for their Main character), even if i play against him. He's annoying, but OP? Seems its just 'cool' to hate him these days... just go to HotS subreddit and say you're a Genji main...you get treated like a criminal and idiot and much more...
    how good/bad he is, is irrelevant, also no one is arguing that he is not a fun hero to play

the point is that he, like the majority of the ow heroes, is completely disgusting and unfun to play against and contributes towards making 1/3+ of the assassins in the game completely useless

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    how good/bad he is, is irrelevant, also no one is arguing that he is not a fun hero to play

the point is that he, like the majority of the ow heroes, is completely disgusting and unfun to play against and contributes towards making 1/3+ of the assassins in the game completely useless
    I play several assassins but would never say its 'unfun and disgusting' to play against him. Like i said, he's annoying, just like Butcher, Nova, Tracer and many others. But whatever... i will never really understand the hate against him. Its useless to argue with most people as long as its cool being on the hate train.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapanth View Post
    I think they're adding a lot of depth to the game. For instance going double mage is risky when the enemy team can pick tracer, and vice-versa if you see double mage tracer is a good pick for dodging skill shots and punshing them. Genji rewards risky gameplay with his deep dive and mobility, but one well timed stun and hes deleted. He shines most where you have team mates with burst and you can finish stragglers. Etc... Each OW hero offers so much depth to this game.
    when did hots allow counter drafting?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree.

...But I do wish we had some old classics (THERE IS NO BAAL AND WE ARE ALMOST AT 2018) instead of implementing Overwatch characters that barely are 1-year old. I know they want their current games audience, which is bigger than the old gamers, but damn it does look disrespectful to implement Junkrat before a Firebat.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate Varian. Like really, he can kill anybody 1 vs 1. So what? Should I say he has no place in hots?
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    I play several assassins but would never say its 'unfun and disgusting' to play against him
    how horrible they are to play against probably depends on the level that you play at

also a great summary from reddit:
    It all boils down to how they affect the draft. There are very few older heroes that interact in a meaningful way when paired with or pit against OW mobility.

You have to draft resets for genji. You have to draft some sort of protection for tracer. You have to draft wave-clear to cover for both of them. You have to draft a hero that can take camps for both of them. This adds an additional layer to drafting that most players simply aren't willing to acknowledge.

You have to draft point-and-click heroes if you want to kill them. This leaves you with about 10-15 heroes that are viable with or against them - out of 70+. Spending all game playing, 'swat the fly' is unfun. Spending all game double-soaking so they can 'roam' is unfun. ensuring that they have no room to chase, or getting overly-punished when they do is unfun.

You cannot disengage from the majority of overwatch heroes. Zarya is the only one who is actually balanced with viable counter-play options, and even she can control large zones making it impossible to engage or escape. If you don't win the team-fight, you're fucked. If you do win the team-fight, you win less because of their hyper mobility. They ALWAYS get to live to fight another day, which in a moba is incredibly powerful. Tracer and Genji will almost always be up to defend, regardless of how badly their team got man-handled.

'Overwatch heroes are unfun because I hate Overwatch' isn't, and has never been an argument. 'I hate Overwatch heroes because mobility is pretty good when over half of the roster doesn't have it' is.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-12-11 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryRedVixen View Post
    when did hots allow counter drafting?
    ??? pretty sure always right? I mean i think its just in competative?

- - - Updated - - -

Every hero has its weaknesses. I love it when i fight tracer because she has like .075 health. Even if they get away if you counter play them you force them to spend all their time hearthing back and retreating. Hanzo, genji, junkrat and Tracer all have terrible health and defenses.

the reason they have mobility is because they lack OTHER defenses.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Deleted
    I think people's issues with Overwatch heroes being in HotS is that Overwatch heroes already exist in a moba-esque format in their own game. So while it's neat and interesting to see how Blizzard differentiates Chromie from WoW and HotS, it's less so with Overwatch characters because they're essentially the same in both games.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Yeah! And all the warcraft characters should stay in their own game, and the diablo ones, and the starcraft ones. Then everyone can play 5v5 Lost Vikings, like the game should be.
    Seriously though, 5v5 TLV would be pretty amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    All the heroes ruined HOTS, it should just be minions.
    Ily mmoc

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I think people's issues with Overwatch heroes being in HotS is that Overwatch heroes already exist in a moba-esque format in their own game. So while it's neat and interesting to see how Blizzard differentiates Chromie from WoW and HotS, it's less so with Overwatch characters because they're essentially the same in both games.
    Care to explain how is a FPS like a moba?

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    In the ability sense for the most part. If you've played Overwatch and you see an OW character announced in HotS, you know exactly what to expect, you've experienced that type of playstyle and so on. It's obviously not the same but there's a much bigger novelty when you get to play Kel'Thuzad than Hanzo, because (apart from the massive lore difference) you've never had the chance to play as KTZ in any game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Keep in mind I said esque, but the Overwatch heroes all have 3 abilities and a super, just like heroes in Dota and League have, and many of them are skills you'd see in those games such as dashes, defensive cooldowns, and skillshots.

So it's not as interesting to see how Blizzard interprets Overwatch characters because the groundwork is already there if that makes sense, they don't have to brainstorm what makes Alexstraza unique from every other WoW character, and which abilities she would have if implemented into the game.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-12-11 at 06:31 AM.