Poll: Should Titanforging be Removed from the Game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stay, but halve the amount it can proc upwards. I think 25Ilvl as a max proc should be it. Still a good bonus for non raiders, but incentive enough to encourage people to try harder difficulties.

Even though I don't raid or do mythic+ I would keep this system where gear can level this much, if every piece of gear was as it was before such as 945, once you have full 945 gear then what, you have nothing to achieve do you? I much like the way loot works in Diablo where it can be so random then proc an ancient or a primal ancient so you always have that desire to keep farming gear, same applies for mythic content.

It's fine for casuals but you have to remember for the best guilds they will be repeating the same content over and over on a weekly basis for about 6 months at a time, if gear can never titanforge then you're doing all that for very little, I fail to see how TF makes any difference to me in any way shape or form, do I give a toss if someone gets a 970 or whatever it is TF? no, does it affect me in any way? no.

Fact of the matter is the people that play the game a lot and have to watch a LFR guy get a max TF are the ones that want it removed, it's not because it's a bad system but because they didn't get something, these guys that do a lot of raiding and mythic+ feel they deserve shit like TF and cry when they don't get it, I fail to see how gear that can upgrade massively can be anything other than a plus.

The wow loot has always been stale and for me shit, every heroic dropped the exact same item gear, every raid did as well, where's the fun in that? you trying to tell me the people that are against TF never get a massive hardon when a bis piece of gear drops that TF's? bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Even though I don't raid or do mythic+ I would keep this system where gear can level this much, if every piece of gear was as it was before such as 945, once you have full 945 gear then what, you have nothing to achieve do you? I much like the way loot works in Diablo where it can be so random then proc an ancient or a primal ancient so you always have that desire to keep farming gear, same applies for mythic content.

It's fine for casuals but you have to remember for the best guilds they will be repeating the same content over and over on a weekly basis for about 6 months at a time, if gear can never titanforge then you're doing all that for very little, I fail to see how TF makes any difference to me in any way shape or form, do I give a toss if someone gets a 970 or whatever it is TF? no, does it affect me in any way? no.

Fact of the matter is the people that play the game a lot and have to watch a LFR guy get a max TF are the ones that want it removed, it's not because it's a bad system but because they didn't get something, these guys that do a lot of raiding and mythic+ feel they deserve shit like TF and cry when they don't get it, I fail to see how gear that can upgrade massively can be anything other than a plus.

The wow loot has always been stale and for me shit, every heroic dropped the exact same item gear, every raid did as well, where's the fun in that? you trying to tell me the people that are against TF never get a massive hardon when a bis piece of gear drops that TF's? bullshit.
    And they/we did for over a decade without titanforging, it wasn't needed. Wrath/Cata/MoP had the best gear system the game has ever had, because once the item dropped, that was it. There weren't a million layers of extra randomness beyond that, and anybody who says "but... but... more items drop now" is an idiot, because that's just not true. Raids drop the same amount of loot as they did back then, you're still just as much at the mercy of RNG to even get the item in the first place, but now in addition to that you also have to pray for WF/TF(because otherwise it likely won't be an upgrade).
    And if you like how gear works in Diablo, just go play fucking Diablo. There's different games for a reason, WoW does not need to be a RNG fiesta like Diablo(which isn't a bad game, but that doesn't mean every game should be like Diablo)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Indeed, once the gear dropped that was it, if it's a bis you have that exact same piece of gear for 6 months, I personally find a game based on loot should have some RNG to it but you obviously don't, I love doing casual shit or rolling a piece of gear with argunite and not knowing if it's going to be a 910 or 950 so I fail to see how it can be a bad thing, whereas if you KNEW every piece was 910 then where's the fun in that man? I still don't get how TF affects people the way they make it out to, is it just jealousy or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Indeed, once the gear dropped that was it, if it's a bis you have that exact same piece of gear for 6 months, I personally find a game based on loot should have some RNG to it but you obviously don't, I love doing casual shit or rolling a piece of gear with argunite and not knowing if it's going to be a 910 or 950 so I fail to see how it can be a bad thing, whereas if you KNEW every piece was 910 then where's the fun in that man? I still don't get how TF affects people the way they make it out to, is it just jealousy or what?
    If wanting an even-ish playing field counts as jealousy, sure. Or wanting activities to give rewards proportionate to the skill/effort required for the activity. Also, having the same BiS item for months makes that item feel more special to get, as opposed to Legion items where no item is special because it might be replaced tomorrow.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Either drastically reduce the amount of loot that drops (say 2 pieces max in a 20 man grp) or keep titanforging. I vote keep.

But for the love of god I really hope they don't start messing with the %-chance of it TF:ing in BFA, which I believe they have mentioned they might do (reducing). If the chance is reduced it will feel extremely silly and even more unrewarding to do older content, and also you'll hate the one lucky guy who does get a TF.
    Last edited by Wries; 2017-12-11 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    This literally can't happen, it caps at 15 above mythic
    985 - 960 is 15?

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Lol @ the idiots saying TF is the reason pugs require 950 for normal halls of valor
    when 950 ilvl = someone who cleared heroic ToS weekly + did mythic+ once a week, then yes it really is the reason why pugs ask for retarded ilvls
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-12-11 at 09:54 AM.

Deleted
    Stay but with a cap of + 10-20 ilvl. Knowing you could have gotten +50 item level takes the joy out of even a +10.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Ah, sorry, misunderstood your post

- - - Updated - - -

There's always rewards :-) TF makes sure you still have rewards from LFR.
    That is exactly my point and the reason why I support TF.

Deleted
    In my humble opinion, the entire Titanforged / Warforged system should completely disappear.

This obsession with item level is absurd, as well as endless iterations of the same item. Do you even remember the names of the gear pieces that you get? Or it's just stats and item level to you all?

In Vanilla, and even the first two expansions, people knew exactly the names of the gear pieces they wanted and they were coveted as status symbols. There was just one version of each piece - something raiders could dream and strive to obtain.

Keep it! It's cool to be able to use old stuff! Just add some way to slowly upgrade an item you farm for high titanforged. You might get 10 normal items on your hunt for that massive titan proc. What if 5 ilvls cost 2 of the same item (adjusted for how often the content is doable)? Slowly but surely you'll be able to have that nighthold trinket at ilvl 960. That would be great!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    That is exactly how it should be. Gear shouldn't have the ability to proc 70 ilvls higher than the content that it comes from. That's just stupid game design imo.
    I facepalm everytime I think about it. How in the world did Devs think this was a good idea. It does sound cool as a concept but in practice it ruins the entire progression. You can get lucky and outgear the next mythic tier gear completely and that months before it's out. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TeraAkron View Post
    In my humble opinion, the entire Titanforged / Warforged system should completely disappear.

This obsession with item level is absurd, as well as endless iterations of the same item. Do you even remember the names of the gear pieces that you get? Or it's just stats and item level to you all?

In Vanilla, and even the first two expansions, people knew exactly the names of the gear pieces they wanted and they were coveted as status symbols. There was just one version of each piece - something raiders could dream and strive to obtain.
    I totally agree. I remember , I started in TBC and from there until early MoP I would always remember which piece of gear I wanted. Now it's so random since you can get any piece of gear from dungeons or raid be an upgrade that there's no point in remembering them unless they are stupidly OP like arcano crystal.
    Last edited by alexchaos; 2017-12-11 at 12:19 PM.

I hated the shipyard with burning passion, but was okay with the new mission board in legion, since it was tuned better.
    Maybe titanforging, when tuned correclty, can also be a nice little side feature. I just dont want it to mess with the overall progression of the game regularly, like it does in legion.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    That is exactly my point and the reason why I support TF.
    Fair enough. I guess some enjoy that. Can't blame you really.

I like to plan my gearing strat, I want something to aim for - a boss that actually drops something worthwhile and some randomness in that process OK, but I don't want to get my pieces from the infinite loop of "all content released" which you must repeat as often as you can in order to maximize your chances of getting a good random proc, it feels too much like I'm only there to bolster Blizzard's quarterly MAU numbers and not for the actual enjoyment of the game.

Deleted
    Remove the hell out. Bring back Warforged with +5ilvl and original gem sockets. Mists of Pandaria gearing system > all.

Keep it, but tweak the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly as a ex Mythic Raider who burned out during EN, titanforging wasn't the thing I had most issues with. It was legendaries, and running LFR+NM+HC+Mythic and M+s, while running M+ and Mythic was fun and enjoyable, running the same raid 4 times + split runs per week wasn't enjoyable. Hell I still hadn't gotten my first legendary when I quit, and I was playing at least 12 hours a day.

But ye I'm fine with TF, but only up to a certain point, let Mythic/M+ 15+ keys have the same ilvl roughly let it TF +10, but any piece not from that can only TF upto 10 ilvl below. Also have one lockout per boss for raids. So you either clear the raid on Mythic, or kill those bosses you couldn't on heroic etc.
    Hell even being able to run LFR, NM or HC + Mythic could work, at least for current content. Cause being able to run all those bosses every week drives some of us to unhealthy habits. Cause let me tell you, going from being the top dps in Mythic to being the lowest cause legendary RNG or other RNG like titanforging+socket bis trinket, just plain sucks. Hell fire mages had an extra layer of RNG during EN, if you didn't get an item with high crit, you pretty much didn't equip it unless it was +40 ilvl for int gear, and +80 for everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay, but some sort of balance has to be in place to keep items like CoF from being viable so many raid tiers later. I like new shiny stuff, I don't like have to run something an entire expac (I main a Ret Paladin, CoF was nerfed for me 1 week in but I feel bad for the classes that still uses CoF because it viable for them compared to the current raid tier).
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Keep.

If they limit it to like +15, add a 0/3 to 3/3 upgrade system so it's not entirely luck based.

Legion already had way too much Luck random factors.

Also, they should change the Leech/Avoidance/Speed to like Gems and make sockets part of the 0/1 to 1/1 proc/upgrade system.

I'm all for preserving some luck, but let people catch up too. With legendaries gone, this system can replace it.
    100% agree, this "catch up" is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    Stay, but some sort of balance has to be in place to keep items like CoF from being viable so many raid tiers later. I like new shiny stuff, I don't like have to run something an entire expac (I main a Ret Paladin, CoF was nerfed for me 1 week in but I feel bad for the classes that still uses CoF because it viable for them compared to the current raid tier).
    Stuff like CoF is okay to have in the game, the ilvl just shouldn't be able to TF so high to make it relevant and the BIS the entire life of the expansion if you get lucky enough with a TF proc. The problem Blizzard had was that because of the shit TF system, they had to nerf the actual trinket and what it did so that players wouldn't feel compelled to go back to nighthold each week to farm for a chance at a potential BIS trinket from the first raid tier of the expansion.

Valuable trinkets and items that last entire expansions have always been in the game. Looking back to Burning Crusade, there was a trinket off a heroic boss in Slave Pens, I belive the trinket was called "Quagmarian's Eye" which was one of the best caster trinkets in the game and was very raid viable even up to BT / Sunwell if you were unable to get any other raid trinkets to drop. Casters ran heroic Slave Pens each day in hopes of getting it.

Another example is the Dragon Spine Trophy from Gruul in Gruul's lair. Rogues, Hunters, and Warriors frothed at the mouth for that trinket and people were still farming it even when they were running BT / Sunwell.

The point being is that its okay to have gear that players want to go back in old content to get, just with the Titanforge system, it makes it almost mandatory to go back (if you are raiding at any level higher than normal) to try to get because of the potential of the trinket to possibly proc up to relevant raid levels, thus making it miles better than anything offered in the current raids.

The titanforging system is heavily flawed, if not complete shit and should not be in the next expansion in its current iteration.