Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    naga was and will always be a choice that makes no sense, their DNA has been altered by the old gods, so them join the alliance or horde ( or illdian for that matter) makes very little sense.
    Humans, Gnomes, and Dwarves were also altered by the Old Gods. They were -given- DNA by the Old Gods. Your argument is invalid.

As a general thing for the thread:

Making any of these "Subraces/New Races/Allied Races" now takes the same amount of effort as making literally any other race does because of the Unified Player Skeleton. There is no "New race on the Nelf Skeleton" there are only Nelf Animations on the Unified Player Skeleton being applied to whatever the new race is.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    naga was and will always be a choice that makes no sense, their DNA has been altered by the old gods, so them join the alliance or horde ( or illdian for that matter) makes very little sense.
    Blah, blah. Exactly the same arguments made against Death Knights as a class and Worgen being added as playable. Yet... here we are.

Naga for Horde and Dragonkin for Alliance would be amazing. 2 reptilian races.

The fact that they are reskins is the only reason we're getting 6 new races instead of 2. They also said more will be added during the expac.

Why do new skeletal animations make something more worth your time? Apart from being similar in design to some existing races, they still have completely different voiceovers, racials, and class sets. Not to mention the time it takes to design art assets like tattoo customization, runes, etc. It's not *lazy*, it just isn't what *you* wanted.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am extremely happy with Nightborne and Zandalari becoming playable. The others I couldn't care less about; still holding onto hope that Blizz will eventually make Vrykul and Wildhammer Dwarves playable, then all my WoW race dreams will come true...

I will be totally honest. I vastly prefer six new "lazy" races to one or two fully fleshed out races.

I can get why some people would prefer both, but these feel really creative and I already plan to level a few Zandalari, nightborne, Lightforged and void elf alts for sure. I'm familiar with these races, I like their animations and getting extra customization on steroids is a-okay with me, especially when said customization involves night elves and blood elves trading factions with their new "subraces".

I'll call it lazy if they never release another new race again, but for the time being I'm really excited for this new precedent. It helps that a lot of the new allied races are ones that I personally really enjoy.

blizzard needs to focus on making the spellbooks high quality so that people get drawn back to the game. definitely give rogue better spellbook or im out this expansion. BfA should be treated like burning crusade and that expansion was very successful.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Almost 13 years WoW has been out and we still don't have playable ogres despite them being staples of the Horde in WC1-3. In the beginning it was due to technology, but now there is little excuse. But i suppose it took 6 years to give us goblins.

The game is clearly on its last legs with bfa.
    Maybe if you stopped playing illegal private servers they would be putting the effort into the actual servers. Promoting illegal servers is also a bannable action FYI along with posting videos from one

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Murlocs, seriously want murlocs.

As much as I like these allied races... it sucks that I had the brilliant idea this expansion to level one of every class to 110 already...
    I'll likely race change a few but there's no way I'm re-leveling just for the cosmetic armor... I already did that pre-race/faction change was made available and my vanilla toons with their PVP titles are just a sour reminder.

It would be nice if they at least open up a way later on for race changed toons to earn them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Maybe if you stopped playing illegal private servers they would be putting the effort into the actual servers. Promoting illegal servers is also a bannable action FYI along with posting videos from one
    Yet... I'm still here?

And just to be clear, your logic is essentially, if I keep playing retail and keep paying my monthly sub fee, despite the fact that they are putting out more of a subpar game with each passing year, they will be more inclined to listen to me? Seriously? You think that's how the world works? I put my money where my mouth is. If I don't like something, I don't pay for it. Why do you think we're getting WoW Classic? People like me got that for us, by being one of the millions who unsubbed from retail 6 years ago. Blizzard is giving me what I want now, so I'll likely be back once Classic is live.

It's actually people like you, who keep paying for the game no matter what shit they ask you to swallow, that have no voice. They know they can do whatever they want to you and you will keep forking over the dollars. The fact that WoW is at it's lowest EVER playerbase is a big reason why we're going Classic, and BfA is a "return to its roots" style expansion.

You're welcome.

Yet... I'm still here?

And just to be clear, your logic is essentially, if I keep playing retail and keep paying my monthly sub fee, despite the fact that they are putting out more of a subpar game with each passing year, they will be more inclined to listen to me? Seriously? You think that's how the world works? I put my money where my mouth is. If I don't like something, I don't pay for it. Why do you think we're getting WoW Classic? People like me got that for us, by being one of the millions who unsubbed from retail 6 years ago. Blizzard is giving me what I want now, so I'll likely be back once Classic is live.

It's actually people like you, who keep paying for the game no matter what shit they ask you to swallow, that have no voice. They know they can do whatever they want to you and you will keep forking over the dollars. The fact that WoW is at it's lowest EVER playerbase is a big reason why we're going Classic, and BfA is a "return to its roots" style expansion.

You're welcome.
    I’ve been unsubbed for a while mate. I’m too busy with work and family to be able to play anymore. I come here to read what is happening to the story as that’s what interests me and to chat about lore stuff.
    Being someone who is a crazed “classic wow server” fanatic all your other posts now make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    One (maybe two) New race OR six adapted models?

I don't know dude, but I'm leveling 3 Zandalari Trolls next expansion.

Opinions, opinions. Still want a Ogre tho. But the new Allied Races are awesome.
    Problem with Ogres is same as Vrykl - how to make them big enough to seem legit without making them too big for player characters? Imagine raid mates missing mechanics because "the damn ogre blocked my view again".

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW has a huge number of sentient races. Some of these races, players have been asking to play as for over a decade. Some of these races already have traditional ties to one faction or another.

Instead of putting the work in and giving us some ACTUAL new races, Blizz gave us re-skinned Blood Elves, Night Elves, Tauren, Trolls, Dwarves, and Draenei. Blizzard is THE MOST successful and fully funded MMO in the world, and this is the best they can do? In the past when they added mages to the Night Elves and Warlocks/Shaman to the Dwarves, they just added some new skin tones and explained in-game that the Highbourne and Dark Iron dwarves had returned to the fold. Now they're trying to sell Dark Iron dwarves as an entirely new race.

What about all the other very cool races which COULD be included, and in many cases have already been included in some private servers?

Ogres - Traditional allies of the Horde in WC lore
    Furbolgs - Traditional allies of Night Elves
    Murlocs
    Quilboar
    Tuskar
    Naga
    Wolvar
    Centaur
    Dragonkin
    Kobolds
    Gnolls
    Silithid/Nerubians
    Arrakoa
    Ethereals
    Etc...

Any 1 of these races would be more interesting than what's being given. I kind of feel like Blizz is just fizzling out of steam. They need a big reset with WoW 2.

I mean even 3rd rate private servers figure out how to do it... look.

[MOD SNIP: Naming of and showing footage from Private servers is strictly against our forum rules.]
    The only races that could serve as allied races that gives sense in your list are: Ogres, Furbolgs, Tuskar, Naga, Dragonkin, Nerubians, Arrakoa, Ethereals.

Rest wouldn't make sense:
    Murlocs: Have always been a big hostile faction and can't even communicate good enough + they are less humanoid.

Quilboar: Humanoid enough, but have always been sworn enemies for a long time. And I see no reason for that to change. Too hostile to be able to communicate.

Wolvar: You already have a reputation system with them in Wotlk, you choose either them or the other faction. It wouldn't make sense if you was max reputation with the other faction and still got to team up woth the Wolvar.

Centaur: Humanoid enough, but have always been sworn enemies for a long time. And I see no reason for that to change. Too hostile to be able to communicate.

Kobolds: Humanoid enough, but have always been sworn enemies for a long time. And I see no reason for that to change. Too hostile to be able to communicate.

Gnolls: Humanoid enough, but have always been sworn enemies for a long time. And I see no reason for that to change. Too hostile to be able to communicate.

6 Allied Races versus one or two over hyped race with convoluted or contrived lore to be abandoned next expansion hence or in some casss before even the end of the expansion? Erm no thanks.

Not only do I get some of the cool adaptations of existing races. I get 6 if them AND each being tied to a major race (even if in the opposite faction ensures (like nightborne and void elves) really ensures they will have lore as you will see them involved in story lines their main race is tied too and hence always have exposure

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    6 Allied Races versus one or two over hyped race with convoluted or contrived lore to be abandoned next expansion hence or in some casss before even the end of the expansion? Erm no thanks.

Not only do I get some of the cool adaptations of existing races. I get 6 if them AND each being tied to a major race (even if in the opposite faction ensures (like nightborne and void elves) really ensures they will have lore as you will see them involved in story lines their main race is tied too and hence always have exposure
    Yes, you traded that for 6 races with even more contrived and convoluted lore. I mean come on... Super Blood Elves and Super Night Elves? Even you fanbois should be able to see the ridiculousness.

Then we get black dwarves (not racist), moose tauren, super draenei, and super trolls...

Take off the glasses, guy. THis is the shittiest expansion since WoD.

Take off the glasses, guy.
    What's with people getting so wrapped up in angst and hatred that they become convinced that no one can possibly disagree with them without being delusional or a shill? It's super cringey.

The only thing "cringy" is that yoy cannot see the hypocricy of that statement.

It would only be hypocritical if I was calling you either of those things. I'm not, I just think it's a ridiculous position to hold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Octagonecologyst View Post
    You're legit the first person I've seen actually whine about Blizz not giving you everything right away come BfA.

"Aww man, I have to play to unlock new content" get a load of this guy. Did you also bitch about having to unlock your artifact weapons in Legion?
    If you want to push and stay on top off the gear chain and do Mythic progression yes it is a complaint not getting everything from the start.
    You got the artifact weapons at the start.
    You can continue to play World of Casualcraft with your 20 alts and clear LFR, but in the last expansion you at least could push right away with a new race.
    It looks like the first 4 new races release early but every race after BfA release becomes irrelevant if you don't want to throw your gear progression out of the window.