Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Letter: Subnumbers and development

Dear friend,

You have been playing since the release of Legion. Never unsubbed.

You might been playing throu WoD. Never unsubbed.

You might even been playing for years, without unsubbing.

Maybe you had to unsub; for good reasons. But never because of you didn't like the game. Never because you blamed Blizz. Never been randomly complaining.

Unsubbers, whiners and other windy people wants to thank you, because you have been supporting the development of Classic and BfA(unsubbers and whiners will play because OF YOU - the interest and investments from you). You are the reason.

You are also the reason for why, we have so many whiners and haters, who simple don't get it. We have been growing and many failed, where you stood up as the victor.
    You choose the fight on these forums - but you NEVER lost it, as you always been around.

You are actually the winner.

Thank you for creating this amazing game and community, no matter the product, but simple because of the support you have been showing.

Shoutout to Asmongold, Preacher, Nobbel(and many other people)for keeping this community together and alive.

Best of luck next year!
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-12-08 at 10:26 AM.

FINALLY some gratitude. That's all I wanted.... Or something like that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Dear friend,

Maybe you had to unsub; for good reasons. But never because of you didn't like the game. Never because you blamed Blizz. Never been randomly complaining.

Unsubbers, whiners and other windy people wants to thank you, because you have been supporting the development of Classic and BfA(unsubbers and whiners will play because OF YOU - the interest and investments from you). You are the reason.

You are also the reason for why, we have so many whiners and haters, who simple don't get it. We have been growing and many failed, where you stood up as the victor.
    You choose the fight on these forums - but you NEVER lost it, as you always been around.

Thank you for creating this amazing game and community, no matter the product, but simple because of the support you have been showing.

Shoutout to Asmongold, Preacher, Nobbel(and many other people)for keeping this community together and alive.

Best of luck next year!
    This was a surprisingly positive post. Well done
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

If Blizzard didn't deviate from their roots so heavily though, they might not need to spend money creating classic. But the game needed to evolve to keep interest: to earn money in order to revert back to a former state. Whoah man...

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    If Blizzard didn't deviate from their roots so heavily though, they might not need to spend money creating classic. But the game needed to evolve to keep interest: to earn money in order to revert back to a former state. Whoah man...
    Everything changes with time, that's how the market works. Eventually the market changes so much that things that were desireable in the distant past become so again. Why do you think Disney rotates selling their 50+ old works every few years, and every now and then things like retro become big again.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Oh jesus...lol. I'm so glad I've just unsubbed.

Got the statue, still subbed, but mostly play PS since Classic isn't available yet. Horrible "thief", I know.

Ppl love to see the world in black or white, the truth is most of us are probably somewhere in between.

Dear friend,

Best of luck next year!
    Asmontroll? Preach?

LMAO.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was great until you mentioned Asmongold. Then all credibility was lost.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It was great until you mentioned Asmongold. Then all credibility was lost.
    Claiming that Asmongold never whined and complained about wow... okay. Especially during Nighthold he made tons of clickbaity videos.

On the other hand, sometimes complaints aren't just "qq and whine" tons of things were improved during Legion and looks to be improved further for BFA because of criticism or negative feedback. For example the BFA necklace is per character, not per spec, because of valid complaints of people who felt locked to 1 spec due to Artifacts. Tons of "alt friendly" improvements were made during legion because people complained how alt unfriendly it was. And indeed from 7.0 to 7.3 it feels like completely different environment for alts.

But yeah, one thing I agree with the OP, the people who pay for the subs are the people who are supporting the game development. Also the people who buy gold or store mounts. The development is going on because it's still worth investing in it, after 13+ years. It's kinda amazing that on the market flooded with f2p and b2p games wow has managed to continue with the subscription model without much problems.

Deleted
    Thank you and I agree

Deleted
    Dear friend,

Best of luck next year!
    i came close in wod. by god i did but i stuck at it. i hope on day those who played in wod will be able to share storys and over come our ptsd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Asmontroll? Preach?

LMAO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Claiming that Asmongold never whined and complained about wow... okay. Especially during Nighthold he made tons of clickbaity videos.

On the other hand, sometimes complaints aren't just "qq and whine" tons of things were improved during Legion and looks to be improved further for BFA because of criticism or negative feedback. For example the BFA necklace is per character, not per spec, because of valid complaints of people who felt locked to 1 spec due to Artifacts. Tons of "alt friendly" improvements were made during legion because people complained how alt unfriendly it was. And indeed from 7.0 to 7.3 it feels like completely different environment for alts.

But yeah, one thing I agree with the OP, the people who pay for the subs are the people who are supporting the game development. Also the people who buy gold or store mounts. The development is going on because it's still worth investing in it, after 13+ years. It's kinda amazing that on the market flooded with f2p and b2p games wow has managed to continue with the subscription model without much problems.
    If you whine about my shoutout, then this letter was not for you anyway.

Asmongold is the founder of the term "Big Dick"(if not the guy who populated the term in this community). Stuff like this is immensely powerful, regardless if you like the person or not.

I could name other Youtubers, but these guys contributes actively, I personally follow.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-12-11 at 10:01 AM.

Deleted
    Asmongold is the founder of the term "Big Dick"(if not the guy who populated the term in this community). Stuff like this is immensely powerful, regardless if you like the person or not.
    ...and since when was this actually a good thing?
    C'mon son, raise yourself from the youtube muck. You don't need to worship these figures - they're negative influences and drag the gaming culture down.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    ...and since when was this actually a good thing?
    C'mon son, raise yourself from the youtube muck. You don't need to worship these figures - they're negative influences and drag the gaming culture down.
    So you are saying that players who made it their life's work to help people in learning new stuff, showed some cool tricks, ideas and helpfull guides, helped thousands of people achieve things in game that they never thought they could and overall are really chill and nice people... They are actually Muck.

Good to know...

Madness will consume you!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank You & Likewise
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    So you are saying that players who made it their life's work to help people in learning new stuff, showed some cool tricks, ideas and helpfull guides, helped thousands of people achieve things in game that they never thought they could and overall are really chill and nice people... They are actually Muck.
    Those people are just fine. But OP listed only one of those people (Nobbel). The OP chose to first and foremost promote people who've made their "lives work" (lol?) to present polarized click-baits under the thinly veiled disguise of "community debate" - to make up derogatory terms like "big dick" and to use their platform to spread negativity just in order to get couple of cheap lulz (and youtube dollars) out of it. To use their hordes of followers to grief other players (like the latest Asmongold stunt with Project 60 invading RP realms) and provide lowbrow entertainment - just because it makes them money.

Why do you think neither Preach nor Asmongold have been featured in the Community Spotlight? Why don't they ever get the featured "breaking news" dev interviews others seem get? Why does Blizzard seem to ignore these "pillars" of our community?

Maybe because what they're doing is so transparently veiled, even Blizzard sees the bullshit through it?
    Last edited by mmoce1addbf3e1; 2017-12-11 at 01:41 PM.

If you whine about my shoutout, then this letter was not for you anyway.

I could name other Youtubers, but these guys contributes actively, I personally follow.
    Well then, instead of naming the thread "Letter: Subnumbers and development" you should have named it "how much I love Asmongold".

- - - Updated - - -

Those people are just fine. But OP listed only one of those people (Nobbel). The OP chose to first and foremost promote people who've made their "lives work" (lol?) to present polarized click-baits under the thinly veiled disguise of "community debate" - to make up derogatory terms like "big dick" and to use their platform to spread negativity just in order to get couple of cheap lulz (and youtube dollars) out of it. To use their hordes of followers to grief other players (like the latest Asmongold stunt with Project 60 invading RP realms) and provide lowbrow entertainment - just because it makes them money.
    True. Some youtubers actually care to "help the community", but some just look for cheap fame. I still remember Asmongold's video with a title along the lines "Nighthold nearly killed my guild" which was pure clickbait, because apparently his guild problems had nothing to do with Nighthold as the content, and everything with old gm quitting and usual roster struggles many guilds go through at any time.

Preach I will remember for his "tank rating" video from Legion beta / pre-launch that people defended as "but it was ranking how much he likes them not how good they are", still the only "community impact" it had was pugs shunned the tanks that he put at the bottom of the list, some unfairly. Famous people are like "doesn't matter what it is, it matters whether it makes me famous" and controversial stuff does the job well. But whether it is service or disservice to the audience in the long run, that's another thing.

I'm subbed to several youtubers that I actually find making helpful content, from gold making to pet battles to bigger channels like Bellular or Kelani. But none of this twitch generation looking for cheap fame and drama ones.

Why do you think neither Preach nor Asmongold have been featured in the Community Spotlight? Why don't they ever get the featured "breaking news" dev interviews others seem get? Why does Blizzard seem to ignore these "pillars" of our community?

Maybe because what they're doing is so transparently veiled, even Blizzard sees the bullshit through it?
    Asmongold was on the main stage this year at Blizzcon for an hour talking on the live Allcraft podcast with Hotted, Rich, and their guest Djari. Sorry buddy.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

I agree with what you are saying about Asmongold. But I'm curious how Preach fits into this? How has he spread negativity? That's not the impression I have gotten so I guess there might be something I have missed?