Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daren View Post
    And you got dark iron dwarves and void elves. Your point? LFD and HMT are the only races that you can complain about lack of effort in.

- - - Updated - - -

As a long time Horde, the races that have me most excited besides Zan are DID and VE
    Uh, Lightforged Draenei, Dark Iron Dwarves, Void Elves and Highmountain Tauren are pretty much equal when it comes to uniqueness.

Zandalari and Nightborne are the most unique when it comes to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    Lets be realistic here. Zandalari Trolls and Nightborne are 2 brand new playable races that will be available to the Horde at launch.

They have never been playable for either faction ever therefore, they are Brand Spanking New Races therefore, Horde will be getting 2 Brand New Races in the game at launch.

Alliance will be getting character customization improvements on 3 current races which is nice and all and Thank you Blizzard (Which btw could've just been made available to the current races in the barber shop).

That doesn't answer the question which is....when will Alliance get 2 Brand New Races?
    ...none of the races have been playable before dude. Alliance gets Darkirons, Lightforged and void elves, which are so brand spanking new that people are complaining that they've not been established anywhere. Lightforged got introduced with Argus, which is also very new...while both Nightborne and Highmountains were out with the base game. So your argument is a bit stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    If you consider skin/eye/haircolors to be a new race, more power to you. OP has a point though, and I say that as a Horde player.
    I siagree as a horde player.

Alliance gets Turalyon, Alleria, Moira, whoever LF Draenai leader is (maybe Turalyon again), and Wrathion.
    Horde gets Thallysra, Zandalari leader, and the Tauren lady (can't remember her name).
    Seems like Alliance wins.

Horde gets 2 new skeletons of animations, alliance get 0. That's what he's talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I think what he's referring to is the disparity in the creative labor put into each of the races. Nightborne are a new model overtop of an old skeleton, just as Zandalari are. Meanwhile Void Elves are very similar to blood elves aesthetically (skintone, eyeglow, hair are the differences) Lightforged and Dark Iron are similar much more similar to their inspired races than their Horde counterparts.
    It's easy to miss, but Void elves (At least the men) are bulkier with larger muscles then their Blood Elf cousins, it's slight but put them side by side and you'll see a difference. It's not a pure reskin. A friend of mine who played back in Vanilla and BC, compared it to the first version of the blood elf model. (For reference, shortly after BC launched, the blood elf models were changed and slimmed down a bit, largely due to rending issues with the initial model.)

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Horde gets 2 new skeletons of animations, alliance get 0. That's what he's talking about.
    but they dont,

Deleted
    Also Horde gets more Orc build customization. Suck it Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    but they dont,
    Both nightborne and zandalari trolls have different skeletons? Just set an idle nightborne next to a night elf and you will see. Go and find zandalari trolls ingame and watch how they die. They also have straight backs instead of a hunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both nightborne and zandalari trolls have different skeletons? Just set an idle nightborne next to a night elf and you will see. Go and find zandalari trolls ingame and watch how they die. They also have straight backs instead of a hunch.
    Zandalari trolls and Nightborne have the same skeletons as Night Elves. A unique death animation and a unique idle animation does not a new skeleton make.

Did you skip Suramar? It can't be more obvious if you've ever used the Nightborne disguise.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2017-12-11 at 09:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Alliance gets Turalyon, Alleria, Moira, whoever LF Draenai leader is (maybe Turalyon again), and Wrathion.
    Horde gets Thallysra, Zandalari leader, and the Tauren lady (can't remember her name).
    Seems like Alliance wins.
    Meh, Moira was already Alliance, Turalyon and Alleria are heroes of the alliance and the alliance has lost so many of their heroes due to them going neutral, because those faction wars are senseless as hell.

I don't mind Horde getting the "better deal" (due to Nightborne and Zandalari actually looking properly different), but I still have hopes that Void Elves get at least their unique idle position.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Zandalari trolls and Nightborne have the same skeletons as Night Elves. A unique death animation and a unique idle animation does not a new skeleton make.
    But it's enough to make them look different ENOUGH from NE to not be that noticeable. Unlike VE who look just like Blood Elves with body paint. Yes, I've quested in Suramar a lot and I main NE and whilst of course the animations are the same, it still doesn't feel like playing NE to me when in disguise.

Again: I don't care the Horde got Nightborne (even though I would've loved to play one) or Zandalari (who look so cool!), I don't call "horde favoritism".
    Last edited by Firen; 2017-12-11 at 10:07 PM.

I really don't see too much of a difference between night elves and nightborne besides tattoos, skin color, hairstyles and ears.
    Last edited by delus; 2017-12-11 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    ...none of the races have been playable before dude. Alliance gets Darkirons, Lightforged and void elves, which are so brand spanking new that people are complaining that they've not been established anywhere. Lightforged got introduced with Argus, which is also very new...while both Nightborne and Highmountains were out with the base game. So your argument is a bit stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

I siagree as a horde player.
    Lore and skincolor are far less important to most people than animations and models. That's what the OP means.

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    You forget the Horde has to endure hunched over uncool male orcs since the beginning. How is that fair? You are just taking upright human as granted as some sort of given "right" of yours. Alliance getting good stuff is a "right" but as soon as horde getting anything seemingly good, you cry unfair. It is kind of hypocritical!
    I never said Orcs should remain hunched. My point is that the upright pose is a real gift for players that like orcs. A much bigger one than Dark Iron for players that like Dwarves or Lightforged for players that like Draenei. Yet, the Horde gets this upgrade "for free", it does not take away one of their "allied race" slots. AND they can change it for 30g at the in-game barber for existing characters. Why did they not leave green Orcs hunched and add Mag'har orcs as an allied race that stands upright? You may say that would not make sense in the lore - but how does it make sense for Lightforged, which are born regular Draenei that undergo a Ritual, to be an "allied race" instead of an upgrade that existing Draenei can get in-game? Draenei also asked for many of the LF customization options since the race was added.

The very least Blizzard could have done to even the score would have been to allow Worgen to fight in their Worgen-Form as Feral. Because this is also something that makes no fucking sense in the lore and Worgen are ALWAYS shown to fight with their claws in cinematics and artworks. Worgen IS a Feral Druid Form, after all.

As to Void Elves becoming the second mot played alliance race....no, not until Blizzard allows them to roll other classes or somehow changes existing classes in extreme ways that we cannot forsee (they also said BFA would not bring big class changes): https://realmpop.com/eu.html

Almost 70% of lvl110 Night Elves are classes Void Elves cannot pick. It's very similar for Blood Elves and Nightborne. I have no doubt Void Elves will cause a surge in Shadow Priests on Alliance side...but everybody who has played that spec in Legion knows that it is one of the most ungrateful specs in the game for "everyday-content". The classes Void Elves cannot pick make up ~45% of all played lvl110 characters on Alliance side EU. So for them to overtake Night Elves ~50% of all characters in classes available to Void Elf would need to become Void Elf...which is unlikely, because even in the Priest Class, which is sort of the "Home zone" for Void Elves, there is some heavy competition for Holy+Disc on Alliance side. Alliance simply has the better Priest races...now with Void Elves even for Shadow.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2017-12-11 at 11:12 PM.

Lore and skincolor are far less important to most people than animations and models. That's what the OP means.
    Oh how terrible that animations are new...I'm sure there's NOTHING else unique about any of the other races. I'm sorry, but that's just silly. That doesn't make the races new.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Oh how terrible that animations are new...I'm sure there's NOTHING else unique about any of the other races. I'm sorry, but that's just silly. That doesn't make the races new.
    Animations and models are the most important things for many as you'll see those no matter what gear you have, unlike colors, toenails, and voices.

Can't help but feel that the next xpac would have been better if they'd gone the Panda route and only added 1 or 2 of the Legion races as playable, but made it so they could be Horde or Alliance. Both factions really helped Highmountain and the Nightborne in Legion and it wouldn't have been much of a leap that some of those races might have been drawn into the adventuring life to follow in the footsteps of the heroes of the factions who helped them reclaim their home or unite their people during Legion. Actually felt a bit let down that Blizz didn't follow this route instead of the 6 races they're introducing with 3 on each side just to reinforce the war between the Horde and the Alliance because that is the focus of the new xpac.

Here's hoping that they add something better later in the xpac as feeling underwhelmed at what I've see so far compared to all the previous announcements (being able to play a Nightbourne non-withstanding).

Even though the Void Elves make sense from a gameplay perspective, gives Alliance a normal elf, both the Void Elves and Lightforged feel like they came out of nowhere while Horde gets all 3 races as having a deep lore background and well established independence.

I find Dark Irons fine though.

Animations and models are the most important things for many as you'll see those no matter what gear you have, unlike colors, toenails, and voices.
    Yes, I agree with that, but that doesn't make it a brand new race over another new race. Race only pertains to species, not the animations. Besides, none of it is actually finished yet, so who knows, there might be some placeholder stuff waiting to get replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthos View Post
    Can't help but feel that the next xpac would have been better if they'd gone the Panda route and only added 1 or 2 of the Legion races as playable, but made it so they could be Horde or Alliance. Both factions really helped Highmountain and the Nightborne in Legion and it wouldn't have been much of a leap that some of those races might have been drawn into the adventuring life to follow in the footsteps of the heroes of the factions who helped them reclaim their home or unite their people during Legion. Actually felt a bit let down that Blizz didn't follow this route instead of the 6 races they're introducing with 3 on each side just to reinforce the war between the Horde and the Alliance because that is the focus of the new xpac.

Here's hoping that they add something better later in the xpac as feeling underwhelmed at what I've see so far compared to all the previous announcements (being able to play a Nightbourne non-withstanding).
    I strongly believe that anybody who actually played Legion and read the quests etc. EXPECTED it to be this way. But Blizzard wants the Alliance:Horde conflict to be about racial genocide and not political conflict/disagreement...therefore they did not like how Pandaren fit into it (they did not). If forcing established characters to shit all over their personality to give them some reason to fight in a racial-genocide-war is good for the community, game lore as a whole and story development for the expansion is debatable. I say no.

The male Zandalari that are currently in game mostly use Night Elf animations. The walk, run, stealth, jump, sit, pretty much all emotes... It's all the exact same as Night Elves. Unless Blizzard is secretly overhauling the entire race, the Horde does not get 2 brand new skeletons. They get 2 fancy Night Elf variants.