Poll: Is cannabis illegal for sinister reasons?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We all know that one person in our lives who'd be way better off if they never met weed, the kind of people who either are high during their waking hours or looking to buy more weed.
    There's WAY MORE people I know who'd be better off if they didn't drink alcohol and/or smoke tobacco.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's illegal because the tobacco companies don't want the competition.

We all know that one person in our lives who'd be way better off if they never met weed, the kind of people who either are high during their waking hours or looking to buy more weed.
    We also all know that one person who'd be way better off if they never met fast food and soda, or the cigarettes person, or the alcohol person, etc... etc... What's your point here?

Yes. It was made illegal largely due to propaganda, fearmongering and the interference of people who made a lot of money with its prohibition.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    if Cannabis ends up being a miracle drug that it would make the entire pharma industry and a lot of doctors look either very stupid or corrupt.
    ...but that's a bit too much, don't you think?
    I mean, it's pretty useful for medicine, but not a "miracle drug."

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Title.

More specifically that if Cannabis ends up being a miracle drug that it would make the entire pharma industry and a lot of doctors look either very stupid or corrupt.
    No to your title/poll. Also, I doubt its a miracle drug. But it makes the government WAY less money than Big Alcohol which buys Congress reps and pours BILLIONS into advertising yearly.

There is not as much money in Cannabis as there is alcohol. Think of how ingrained alcohol is in every sport. Think of the money made off of drunk driving, etc. Wouldn't you rather have a more laid back society high on Cannabis than drunk out of their minds on alcohol?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    It's illegal because the tobacco companies don't want the competition.
    Tobacco companies would see it as an opportunity to profit, no? Can't see how your argument makes sense tbh

Weed is not a miracle drug. It's only proven uses are centered around pain relief in occasional cases where typical pain relief is ineffective or undesirable. And we are talking about the oil here, engineered to be just the pain reducing part of the plant.
    There is no big pharma fear, if cannabis finds traction as an effective treatment, it's going to be a highly processed form big pharma brings out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

If it wasnt a plant it wouldve gotten FDA approval by now and doctors would be charging you through the ass for it.

You dont think a war on a harmless plant isnt real look up the war against Kratom that iam fighting in!

Pharm companies dont like natural cures cause they cant patent it and the DEA needs this banned to justify there massive budgets!

Ah. Is it tin foil hat time already?

It's illegal due to tobacco, timber and police force lobbying.

Also anti-mexican and other minority racism in the 1930's. The fact it's called marijuana instead of cannabis is actually rooted in Mexican racism.

Combined with inertia, things that have been banned for a while tend to take a while to get unbanned.

So racism, money and laziness. Could be seen as sinister I guess.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-12-13 at 04:11 AM.

Cannabis isn't and never will be a miracle drug. There's no such as a miracle drug. The closest that comes to is are antibiotics and even those are starting to fail. It might have some virtues for pain relief, but it sure as hell won't cure cancer. If anything, smoking pot is just as bad as smoking cigarettes for lung cancer.

Let's just see pot for what it is: a recreative drug. There is no sinister reason. Plus it's going to be legal soon enough here.

sinister no, but long ago this was illegal because wood and paper company did not want competition again hemp.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Yes, but not for it being a “miracle drug”

The history of marijuana being illegal in the US is largely due to racism, scientific illiteracy and greed from the tobacco industry. All things I would define as sinister
    You don't think the Pharmaceutical Industry are lobbying to keep it illegal when the oil can work better for some patients than 5-7 prescription drugs do combined?

Deleted
    There are "sinister reasons" for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Weed is not a miracle drug. It's only proven uses are centered around pain relief in occasional cases where typical pain relief is ineffective or undesirable. And we are talking about the oil here, engineered to be just the pain reducing part of the plant.
    There is no big pharma fear, if cannabis finds traction as an effective treatment, it's going to be a highly processed form big pharma brings out.
    CBD shows great effect against seizures.

Same for alc

If my dad smoked weed instead of drinking alcohol he would still be with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    CBD shows great effect against seizures.
    No it doesn't. Recent studies have shown it's at best as effective as current seizure medications. The whole curing children's epilepsy nonsense is myth. The science doesn't exist.

No, I always saw it as people trying to control weed in a way that they couldn't control alcohol.