Poll: What do you think of Prestige leveling

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Prestige leveling should it be a thing?

We got WoW raiders, WoW PvP'ers and we got the levelers.
    What about once you reach max level you get the option to get a prestige level at ur name plate?
    It won't hurt anyone and it shows to everyone how many times someone has restarted his character leveling progress.

There are plenty of levelers in WoW and since leveling is atm quite scale, this would be a nice reason to start leveling.

What do you think of prestige leveling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I consider it an absurd notion. It offers no prestige whatsoever, and it would be pointless to run the leveling experience again on the same char.

Just roll a new char and have at it. Why do you need 'prestige' for it? I don't even understand the purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I consider it an absurd notion. It offers no prestige whatsoever, and it would be pointless to run the leveling experience again on the same char.

Just roll a new char and have at it. Why do you need 'prestige' for it? I don't even understand the purpose.
    Why not? What is the problem if someone likes to have +18 prestige next to their name? There are plenty people who love leveling but nothing else.
    So give them their fun of shining their prestige to others? It's a small thing that doesn't hurt anyone.

Deleted
    To be honest why not.
    If you can keep all your current gear in your bank and get it back once you ding max level, it could be fun.
    Tho I'd be afraid of regretting it once I'm like level 60-70 and thinking "Damn I still need 60 levels to do max level content again I wish I didn't do that" x)

It'd get old quickly if it didn't reset your quests, because then you'd just be doing dungeons and battlegrounds for almost all your levels.
    And if it DID reset your quests, someone would find a way to exploit that.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    It'd get old quickly if it didn't reset your quests, because then you'd just be doing dungeons and battlegrounds for almost all your levels.
    And if it DID reset your quests, someone would find a way to exploit that.
    It will reset your quests yeah. Well exploiters will just get banned and exploit will be fixed. No reason to not try the thing.

the way it is after the changes where levels are more or less for rewards sounds like a good incentive to PvP. Making it mandatory to get certain talents was stupid move and I dont want to see that come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Why not? What is the problem if someone likes to have +18 prestige next to their name? There are plenty people who love leveling but nothing else.
    So give them their fun of shining their prestige to others? It's a small thing that doesn't hurt anyone.
    So, you don't actually want to make leveling interesting or have extra incentives to explore the world and do the quests, nor want a challenge, you just want to have a absolutely useless number next to your nameplate\name to 'show off'? Makes even less sense. It serves no purpose whatsoever.

I mean if people have such a passion of wasting their time instead of looking for something better to do by just turning their head to the left (whatever is left of you is more fun than lvling 18 times, and that includes staring at the wall), but give people what they want I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    So, you don't actually want to make leveling interesting or have extra incentives to explore the world and do the quests, nor want a challenge, you just want to have a absolutely useless number next to your nameplate\name to 'show off'? Makes even less sense. It serves no purpose whatsoever.
    Did i say anything at all when it comes to rewarding/the way it works out? The question was about prestige leveling and not rewards/how or what. How it works out or anything else was not the point. Prestige leveling and nothing else. If you feel like it needs to be rewarded someway, then i feel bad for you.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why not. They could even add mount/title rewards to it to keep it interesting like with pvp prestige. Though I hope they wouldn't do weapon appearances.

Like with pvp prestige, because it's a treadmill like system it provides a big timesink (for those interested in doing it) for little development work. Although that is assuming resetting a characters levels and quest progress is not too big of a dev hurdle. And blizz would need to have reason to believe enough people would be interested in doing it.
    Ily mmoc

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Did i say anything at all when it comes to rewarding/the way it works out? The question was about prestige leveling and not rewards/how or what. How it works out or anything else was not the point. Prestige leveling and nothing else. If you feel like it needs to be rewarded someway, then i feel bad for you.
    You're the one that wants to be rewarded with a number by your name to brag\show off. Are you serious? At least pay attention to what you write.

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem that would cause is that one of your raiders in group maybe restarted level and now cant come to raid

not to mention it sounds extremly boring, after 2-3x leveling you basically saw all story and then it just begins a bore
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind if there is no rewards but if there is no rewards, then the idea doesn't have much of point than being flavour - artificial e-peen with less value of all the others.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I kinda like the idea for the sake of grinding through content you hadn't seen on that character, but with the new scaling system, I feel like if they still limit your prestige leveling to the same level constraints as they have coming in 7.3.5, you'll eventually run out of zones to quest through in the different brackets (10-60, 60-80, 80-90), not to mention how slow legion would be without questing. which then means you'll eventually reach the point where you are only grinding through random pvp queue and dungeons, which is essentially what most people do to grind lvls right now pre-7.3.5.

So i like the idea, because I do enjoy the leveling experience, but I see some issues with it going forward with them implementing the new lvl scaling as you run out of quest content to do.

PLUS, I do like the experience of leveling a new character.

There should be cosmetic rewards, but yes, it would be cool.

On the one hand the idea amuses me, but the burnout is real man. A major reason I think I've coped with levelling again and again is the fact I was playing a new class.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real prestige mode: each 5 levels of hard mode 'breaks' a random item on you in terms of counting towards your stats. Level 80 and you are a man with a stick..

Or the nameplate thing would be nice if it was similar to lotro's where it was based off your characters age in existence.

We are now in bum territory regarding content because we are discussing the lowest forms of it - mindless repetition with no changes for token reward. The next step is mindless repetition with no changes for a chance at token reward.

Sure, why not allow it, because it takes no time to implement, but it is pretty disgusting.

1. Biased garbage poll
    2. Prestige "resets" of any kind are rubbish. In group based activities especially.