Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    The book preview confirms she had nothing to do with Voljins decision to make her Warchief.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Cough vanilla plaguelands.
    .....a character...aka someone with a story ingame. Who plays a good part in it.
    Pre legion he was hunter npc last time i checked.

And the original posters question was: why the updates, does this spell something bad for the scream queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Sylvanas becoming the new Helya makes a whole lot of sense, she’d be bound to Helheim so blizzard could still pull her out if needed but it’d remove her from the current story and her position as warchief for the time being...

It’s also incredibly fitting.

That said if her replacement is Baine I’m so fucking out of the Horde. Vol’jin was bad but Baine is on a whole other level of nope.

My best case scenario is Lor’themar getting some continued development and then becoming warchief (And not getting deposed 1-2 expansions later).
    Lor'themar, the guy who was going to bail out of the Horde, Warchief?

I don't care if Garrosh was treating him badly, he was ready to leave his battle brothers to fend for themselves.

Yeah no.

Saurfang should be Warchief. The age thing is bogus. He's clearly not that old if he can still fight wars and he has the wisdom, as shown with Garrosh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The book preview confirms she had nothing to do with Voljins decision to make her Warchief.
    Vol'jin didn't have much to do with it either.

7+ Year Old Account
    She didnt.
    But who says the old gods didnt?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    She didnt.
    But who says the old gods didnt?
    @Zulkhan does a good explanation on why that isn’t likely.

Also the loa that came to him the most was Bwomsamdi.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Unlike you I don't have that much of a reading comprehension problem, but nice try."

If you are gonna make fun of someone for that, at-least try to make a proper effort yourself.
    Remember that not everyone on this website was born learning English.
    And from your attempt at calling someone else for it, you seem to have not started out learning English yourself.
    I dunno, i proved your original point to be wrong. And im pretty confident with my english thank you very much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fighting, which he’s done all his life, and leading an entire faction are two very different things. The latter being incredibly stressful. Just look at real world leaders. Look at how they’ve aged.

I like Saurfang, but he’s not the right person to become Warchief.

Lor’themar is the best candidate.
    not in every account, Saurfang is a well versed leader, he was the second in command in the first and second war, pointed by both blackhand and orgrim, he sucessful lead the horde and alliance against c'thun and co-lead the horde against the Lich king.

for What and why lorthemar is the best? he did nothing, he don't even want to be king, he only should lead de elves, not become warchief

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    .....a character...aka someone with a story ingame. Who plays a good part in it.

And the original posters question was: why the updates, does this spell something bad for the scream queen.
    Nobody had much of a story pre Cataclysm to be honest, except the main expac villain. And in all honesty, Nathanos Marrys had a lot of lore behind him. Not ingame, yes, but open his wiki page and check. He is basically one of the Alliance's greatest generals.

Building character maybe.

Not shure what kind of development Nathanos will get beside being Sylvanas's bodyguard.

But, assuming he is developed to be a second Forsaken leader and Saurfang is show to be a good leader, Sylvanas is able to die and have a good replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Building character maybe.

Not shure what kind of development Nathanos will get beside being Sylvanas's bodyguard.

But, assuming he is developed to be a second Forsaken leader and Saurfang is show to be a good leader, Sylvanas is able to die and have a good replacement.
    Yup , and i think the thread starter thinks that too ( me 2). Update models for a specific hero/villain most of the time means they are going to get used again or more in the lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Nobody had much of a story pre Cataclysm to be honest, except the main expac villain. And in all honesty, Nathanos Marrys had a lot of lore behind him. Not ingame, yes, but open his wiki page and check. He is basically one of the Alliance's greatest generals.
    I know about the wiki. But purely talking about ingame. Look at some of the other hero's our 2 love birds or argus. They had some ingame lore. But where never shown. etc. Then they get used and they get updated. Like you said. They do not update random npc's. And before he was a random npc ingame. No dozens of quest around his backstory or stuff like that.

Deleted
    Yup , and i think the thread starter thinks that too ( me 2). Update models for a specific hero/villain most of the time means they are going to get used again or more in the lore.
    Basically my point and speculation is that Sylvanas will get deposed of in some way, most likely connected to her deal with Helya, but could also be by the Desolate Council. (Who disagree with her ways in the book preview)

I Think so because both Saurfang and Nathanos got new models meaning they will be used more in the future.

ALso, the previewed Warfront in Stromgarde and the Highlands shows Orcish buildings being built instead of forsaken buildings, which does not make sense, as the horde on the Eastern Kingdoms is basically Forsaken and Blood elves. For orcs to take the initiative there instead of the Forsaken, Sylvanas maybe would be occupied with something else.

- - - Updated - - -

I know about the wiki. But purely talking about ingame. Look at some of the other hero's our 2 love birds or argus. They had some ingame lore. But where never shown. etc. Then they get used and they get updated. Like you said. They do not update random npc's. And before he was a random npc ingame. No dozens of quest around his backstory or stuff like that.
    He was a random NPC Indeed. But he had quests, and a rich background (Not ingame) Lore, and as I said, back in Vanilla/TBC/WotlK Most if not all characters were random NPCs without character development and just a few lines each. (Maybe except Thrall and Garrosh, but that was the Metzen effect)

Heck, Anduin was a generic Child model. Sylvanas was a generic Elf model that did nothing until WotlK, where she got a generic blood elf recolor model. Etc Etc. Also,

The fact that he was a random NPC does not diminish his status now in any way.

My words and thoughts exactly. The second that these two got their new models made me wonder if Blizz is trying to prepare us for Sylvanas' death or at least her "retirement" of sorts. As much as I hate conspiracies, this is just too suspicious. Sooner or later, Nathanos is going to replace her as the Leader of the Forsaken and Saurfang will be the next Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are forgetting Nathanos said he’d kill himself if Sylvanas died. Not good leadership material for obvious reasons.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    People are forgetting Nathanos said he’d kill himself if Sylvanas died. Not good leadership material for obvious reasons.
    Imagine he killing himself only to go to Sylvanas in her new Helya position and she kicking him out of hell to do his job. That would be funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way Nathanos will continue on is if Sylvanas basically instructs him to lead the forsaken or if he makes it his (un)life mission to bring her back.
    You people do realize that in terms of warmongering and detesting the Alliance ( as in being more aggressive) Nathanos is 10x worst than Sylvanas?.

The guy revels in killing " self righteous" alliance as he greatly puts it. The only way he will live on as a more passive figure is IF Sylvanas tells him to, hell dude straight up said he would kill himself if she goes so yeah.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2017-12-13 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    not in every account, Saurfang is a well versed leader, he was the second in command in the first and second war, pointed by both blackhand and orgrim, he sucessful lead the horde and alliance against c'thun and co-lead the horde against the Lich king.

for What and why lorthemar is the best? he did nothing, he don't even want to be king, he only should lead de elves, not become warchief
    He’s lead armies. He hasn’t lead nations.

Lor’themar has lead a nation through the aftermath of a genocide, a massive political change, the treason of a prince, the fall of a tyrannical warchief and various other battles along the way such as the isle of thunder incident.

He’s used to both war and political turmoil and he’s still got thousands of years left in him. Saurfang is a fine leader for the Orcs but as warchief he’d be ‘filler’ at best, like Vol’jin. As much as Vol’jin deserved it I’d rather not see Saurfang tossed aside like that. There are no other viable candidates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine he killing himself only to go to Sylvanas in her new Helya position and she kicking him out of hell to do his job. That would be funny.
    I’ll admit I chuckled.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    The only way Nathanos will continue on is if Sylvanas basically instructs him to lead the forsaken or if he makes it his (un)life mission to bring her back.
    You people do realize that in terms of warmongering and detesting the Alliance ( as in being more aggressive) Nathanos is 10x worst than Sylvanas?.

The guy revels in killing " self righteous" alliance as he greatly puts it. The only way he will live on as a more passive figure is IF Sylvanas tells him to, hell dude straight up said he would kill himself if she goes so yeah.
    More aggressive Nathanos is exactly what BfA needs actually.

7+ Year Old Account
    He’s lead armies. He hasn’t lead nations.
    lead army mean you need to have the ability to lead something, if he can lead a untied arm of horde and alliance, sure he can lead a nation.

Seems like blizzard already know this, since he Lead the nation of orcs in orgrimar. And in war times like this, who would be the best to lead if not a veteran of 3 wars?

Lor’themar has lead a nation through the aftermath of a genocide, a massive political change, the treason of a prince, the fall of a tyrannical warchief and various other battles along the way such as the isle of thunder incident.
    this is not height alone to be warchief, he only deal with elves, a warchief need to deal with all races, something saurfang know and already did

He’s used to both war and political turmoil and he’s still got thousands of years left in him. Saurfang is a fine leader for the Orcs but as warchief he’d be ‘filler’ at best, like Vol’jin. As much as Vol’jin deserved it I’d rather not see Saurfang tossed aside like that. There are no other viable candidates.
    Dude, lorthe'who is the filler in person, you rly think vol'jin and saurfang are more "filler" than him? even liadrin take his spotlight, he is not warchief material, he almost left the horde in MOP, in your words, he is fine as lord regent of elves, warchief? never

They probably will do anyway because the writing team is shit, but no way he fits

10+ Year Old Account
    More aggressive Nathanos is exactly what BfA needs actually.
    Even better if Hecular, Belmont and Faranell/ Lydon show up as advisers.
    Holy shit lol