Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah... you guys know that druids are about nature, right? You do know that technology itself is a polar opposite of nature, right? Natural vs artificial?

That's kind of like saying the Lightforged Draenei should be able to be warlocks, but instead of using shadow magic, they use the light to curse and summon light spawns. But they're still warlocks.
    It was a joke... Blizz will not do something like this because it would cost them way too much effort for no gain

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    Yea i can totally see that medic casting lifebloom lol

this is just a sneaky way of suggesting a tinker class again, isnt it
    If a tinker class lets me fly around shooting lazers, I am all for it

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    Yea i can totally see that medic casting lifebloom lol

this is just a sneaky way of suggesting a tinker class again, isnt it
    Maaybe

Deleted
    hahahahahahahahahaha

Thats one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. You want a tanker class that is all

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    hahahahahahahahahaha

Thats one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. You want a tanker class that is all
    Yeah obviously, since vanilla I'd also like for every race being able to be every class, and this seems like a decent way for the tech races to become druids

I only wish they'd give the old race/class restrictions back (obviously now 99% never ever ever going to happen) so that for example, only dark iron dwarves could be warlocks and mages, but couldn't be paladins. If Wildhammers ever come, give them shamans, but not the Bronzebeards. That would of been really cool. Wish they'd thought this far ahead. Thinking back, Worgens could of been just a really cool allied race. What wasted potential.

Only if they get badger form and raccoon form.

Yeah... you guys know that druids are about nature, right? You do know that technology itself is a polar opposite of nature, right? Natural vs artificial?

That's kind of like saying the Lightforged Draenei should be able to be warlocks, but instead of using shadow magic, they use the light to curse and summon light spawns. But they're still warlocks.
    I agree with you, but... Goblin totems and Lothraxion kind of give us precedent for both angles you're describing.
    What makes those angles okay, but this one not?

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I agree with you, but... Goblin totems and Lothraxion kind of give us precedent for both angles you're describing.
    What makes those angles okay, but this one not?
    It's not the same thing. Shaman totems are now given to them by the elements themselves, but crafted by the shamans themselves. And shamans are about keeping the balance among the elements. Nature doesn't really belong in this equation.

And how the hell does Lothraxion even figure in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    I only wish they'd give the old race/class restrictions back (obviously now 99% never ever ever going to happen) so that for example, only dark iron dwarves could be warlocks and mages, but couldn't be paladins. If Wildhammers ever come, give them shamans, but not the Bronzebeards. That would of been really cool. Wish they'd thought this far ahead. Thinking back, Worgens could of been just a really cool allied race. What wasted potential.
    Yeah, that'd be really cool as well, but it's sadly too late now. With so many class/race combos feeling out of place nowadays, I feel like the best option would be to just let everyone be everything without backing it up with lore. I mean, what's stopping an orc from joining the argent crusade or a dwarf from joining the cenarian circle?

Except for gnome and goblin druids, those should be explained with mech suits.

It's not the same thing. Shaman totems are now given to them by the elements themselves, but crafted by the shamans themselves. And shamans are about keeping the balance among the elements. Nature doesn't really belong in this equation.

And how the hell does Lothraxion even figure in this?
    Okay, so if an Ancient of Lore for example enchanted a mech/suit, or the gnome or goblin druid crafted it themselves, wouldn't it be the same?
    (Also, metal is a naturally occurring resource, and Ironbark is a spell.)

Mentioning Lothraxion was for the demons using Light bit. (Another example would be Illidan.)
    Last edited by Razion; 2017-12-14 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Rabbit tanking form.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Okay, so if an Ancient of Lore for example enchanted a mech/suit, or the gnome or goblin druid crafted it themselves, wouldn't it be the same?
    (Also, metal is a naturally occurring resource, and Ironbark is a spell.)
    It's not the same thing. The druid is about nature. Technology is about the artificial. That's akin to using water to keep fire alive. Technology and nature have different 'mentalities', so to speak. Also, goblins as a whole do not care for nature. All they care is profit. Nature is either just an obstacle or something to be used, not protected.

Mentioning Lothraxion was for the demons using Light bit. (Another example would be Illidan.)
    "Demon" in Warcraft is not the same thing as the 'demon' word in the real world. 'Demons' are not from hell in WC. That's just a "blanket term" given as a generic name for the races that comprise the Burning Legion. The Man'ari (corrupted Eredar) are demons, but Draenei (uncorrupted Eredar) are not, for instance.

The Nathrezim (Lothraxion's race) may have been what we call an 'evil' race, but they weren't demons until they got absorbed into the Legion and augmented by the fel.