Poll: How should blood elf form work for Void elves

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfryd View Post
    Confirmation that the point was missed, haha.

I really would suggest you try reading more intently before replying - I've never once claimed the Blood Elves don't belong in the Horde. I've argued that they don't represent the dominant qualities that unify the Horde - that is a different kettle of fish entirely.
    FYI lads, I don't mean to tell you how to play the game, but if you're picking a Blood Elf then you aren't really a fan of the Horde 'theme'. In the same way, if you pick a Night Elf, you aren't really a big fan of the Alliance 'theme'. Both races are oddities within their faction and don't correspond with the aesthetics, haha.

Your words, not mine. By implying these races are oddities, you imply they are out place. You imply they do not belong.

You think that each faction has a dominant theme, which is true, but the point I am trying to convey is that the other races' within each faction do not have to be seen as oddities or be seen as 'ill-placed'. Instead they enhance the whole.

The factions are greater than the sum of their parts and the multitude of themes they embody should be seen as part of a tapestry and not as an incongruous mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    FYI lads, I don't mean to tell you how to play the game, but if you're picking a Blood Elf then you aren't really a fan of the Horde 'theme'. In the same way, if you pick a Night Elf, you aren't really a big fan of the Alliance 'theme'. Both races are oddities within their faction and don't correspond with the aesthetics, haha.

Your words, not mine. By implying these races are oddities, you imply they are out place. You imply they do not belong.

You think that each faction has a dominant theme, which is true, but the point I am trying to convey is that the other races' within each faction do not have to be seen as oddities or be seen as 'ill-placed'. Instead they enhance the whole.

The factions are greater than the sum of their parts and the multitude of themes they embody should be seen as part of a tapestry and not as an incongruous mess.

oddity
    ˈɒdɪti/
    noun
    plural noun: oddities

a strange or peculiar person or thing.
    "she was regarded as a bit of an oddity"
    synonyms: eccentric, crank, misfit, fish out of water, square peg in a round hole, round peg in a square hole, maverick, nonconformist, original, rare bird;
    Being an oddity does not equal the same as not belonging. You've taken umbridge against my word usage over your own misunderstanding of the word.

You've reduced the debate down to arguing over nuances - I must insist, if you would like to argue my points, then quote my rebuttal which explained my methodology for reaching my conclusion in my original post. So far, you've debated over your own misunderstanding. I can't really engage with the debate further because you're arguing a different point to the point I originally made, and then explained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfryd View Post
    Being an oddity means something wildly different to not belonging.

You've reduced the debate down to arguing over nuances - I must insist, if you would like to argue my points, then quote my rebuttal which explained my methodology for reaching my conclusion in my original post. So far, you've debated over your own misunderstanding. I can't really engage with the debate further because you're arguing a different point to the point I originally made, and then explained.
    I think neither of us is getting anything from this conversation. Not saying that in a bad way, but i do agree we are arguing over extremely fine shades of meaning and it isn't really productive. I'll disengage here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cooldown ability! Turns you into an eyeball with tentacles ;')))

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This thread just tells me no one wants or likes void elves.
    so I can see on twitter most people like voids elves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post

While Blood Elves have a totally different aesthetics compared to the tribal races in the Horde, they share a more civilised approach with the Forsaken, you should not ignore that. And while Goblins are a later addition and are not that sophisticated in their designs, they are certainly not tribal. Add in a bunch of pandaren with their high culture, and your tribal races get outnumbered. Adding the new allied races just evens out the score.
    the zandalari are a great civilization! they live in a huge city decorated with gold!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Shimmer. Totally different.
    I just killed high astromancer solarian and realized there is a precedent for void elves. I also looked at some of the datamined dialogue in silvermoon and they're not as bad as I thought. I still feel like lightforged draenei came out of left field completely though.

Maybe someday I'll get to play ethereals.

I just killed high astromancer solarian and realized there is a precedent for void elves. I also looked at some of the datamined dialogue in silvermoon and they're not as bad as I thought. I still feel like lightforged draenei came out of left field completely though.

Maybe someday I'll get to play ethereals.
    Ethereals would be nice.

The thing with the allied races though is that what you said before, about the number being so small, is that you're not wrong. Its just that that argument could also be made about plenty other races or race/class combos, so picking on void elves specifically is meh.

For me I've drifted more and more away from the lore behind stuff as the game has progressed, starting back with TBC when they completely retconned Draenei. I'll pick what I want to play out of what's available and not worry too much past that about how practical it is in-game, and I think a shadowy VE sub rogue is fitting, especially with the teaks to sub for Legion.

And my highmountain shaman, because moose.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Ethereals would be nice.

The thing with the allied races though is that what you said before, about the number being so small, is that you're not wrong. Its just that that argument could also be made about plenty other races or race/class combos, so picking on void elves specifically is meh.

For me I've drifted more and more away from the lore behind stuff as the game has progressed, starting back with TBC when they completely retconned Draenei. I'll pick what I want to play out of what's available and not worry too much past that about how practical it is in-game, and I think a shadowy VE sub rogue is fitting, especially with the teaks to sub for Legion.

And my highmountain shaman, because moose.
    It's not that I mind new things being added, it is that I think it should be done with finesse.

LFD and now to a lesser extent VE felt to me like someone just said. "I have the most amazing idea for jellyfish people, we can say they were allied with Neptulon all along." Then its in the announcement.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2017-12-16 at 06:16 AM.

"I have the most amazing idea for jellyfish people, we can say they were allied with Neptulon all along."
    I would play this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not. They should look messed up. WoW doesn't need another "pretty" race.
    Aye mate