Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why don't you start up a pug group with lower requirements?

Is it because you might have to know what you are doing and possibly know boss mechanics and not be carried?

I mean, if YOU feel that YOU are geared enough for whatever it is that you want to sign up for, and you arent getting invited to the ones you sign up for, why not just make your own?, that way problem is solved.
    Between all of us, we all know. Beating a boss on the recommended item level isn't free. You need to learn to work together and devise a strategy and spend a couple times learning it to actually kill it. This is assuming everyone puts in at least a decent attempt.

And then you have the groups that outgear the content by 40+ item levels and there it's just zerg.

It's obvious why even new players want into the latter rather then the former. If they had the time to do the former they would be in a raid guild, clearing the content the intended way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Run people through a raid i have never done? Why would i inflict that on other players?
    So the truth comes out, you really were looking to get carried.

See thats one of the reasons why people set "absurd" requirements in terms of ilvl and want people signing up to have experience. Especially if they have experience in the raid and have killed stuff, they generally don't want to sit there all night wiping on Garathi the Worldbreaker. (or insert any other boss in the early instance).

If you were to research the fights, even if it was something as simple as read some of the abilities of the bosses in the dungeon journal and knew what the "life threatening" abilities were, you could be prepared to at least give a simple rundown in a potential group you formed, and learn on the fly with the group.

Also, im sure if you created the group, you would almost 100% bring players who had some experience in some way shape or form that could help out and give tips on how to do the bosses. Last point, normal of any raid is not really hard, and is just a step above LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    What insane reuirements? Most groups require curve 950, something that everybody has by now.
    ^ this is what delusion looks like ladies and gentlemen.

OT: I agree. I mean, the queue system is going nowhere and shouldn't, but it isn't terrible difficult to find a group if you're determined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    *sigh*

Don't you guys realise, it is because they have "social anxiety", Assburgers, and whatever other nonsense some guy has told them in order to collect a fat pay-cheque?

You need to be more understanding, and let them do what they want, whenever they want without any form of consequence!
    Don't be a cock about mental illnesses. A lot of people don't want to join random groups because the average person on the internet is douche-canoe, and that's okay. Them not pugging doesn't hurt you in any way.

What insane reuirements? Most groups require curve 950, something that everybody has by now.
    I don't have 950 and i have aotc on day 2

I like raiding with friends or in a proper guild environment but i hate social interaction outside of that. Dealing with pugs is annoying you never know if a group is decent or not. Given how little time i have to play i try to not spend it by looking for pugs that then take additional time to complete a group and usually have some downtime during run (ppl leaving, afking etc) which doesn't really exist in lfr or guild raid

Those damn kids are fucking lucky that they can even make that choice. Lately I don't even have time to look for a new guild. Hosting PuGs is one of the best ways to find new friends in game.

Ha! My main has 915 and no curve. I haven't even finished Argus yet.

I've seen this statement from a few people who advocate for keeping a queue system in the game. My question is why do you feel this way?
    I feel this way, because PUGS are controlled by players, and for the most part I'm not able to get into said PUGs.

SO I don't choose to not go into PUGS because of the people, however the people choose that end result for me

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen this statement from a few people who advocate for keeping a queue system in the game. My question is why do you feel this way? Just because a pug that is listed in the group finder tool (which is one of the best features Blizzard implemented into the game) is asking for certain types of players, does that mean that they are automatically not worth joining because they are formed by real people instead of a machine or automatic queue?

I never understood why people (especially people who choose to play an MMO) would not want to interact with any other players at all. It just doesn't make sense.

No offense, but why do you even care what people's motivations or reasons are to play what they enjoy or feel comfortable playing? It just seems rather obvious people either are:
    - anti-social
    - insecure about being judged on their performance
    - lazy
    - don't have the time

...to play in any structured group content. In all honestly, I sometimes find myself in varying combinations of the aforementioned categories, but since I am in a guild, I tend to shy away from pugging anything above the occasional mythic +. As someone who started in BC and remembers what WoW was like before group finder, the only type of player I will not tolerate playing with are the elite nerd ragers who like to show off their epeen hurling insults to those not similarly geared in trivial content.

So the truth comes out, you really were looking to get carried.
    I refer to your avatar. I am not looking for anything. People can set what ever requirements they want. I am happy running queueable content. You do what ever you want in game and i will do the same. I find the group finder simply off putting so i don't use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I refer to your avatar. I am not looking for anything. People can set what ever requirements they want. I am happy running queueable content. You do what ever you want in game and i will do the same. I find the group finder simply off putting so i don't use it.
    And I Quote:

Run people through a raid i have never done? Why would i inflict that on other players?
    Indicating that you are unwilling to form your own group, further indicating that if you COULD be accepted to a group to carry you (bring you with 0 experience), you would.

Its fine that you are happy running queueable content, but the fact that you "take one look at the group finder and see the 'insane requirement' then hit LFR instead" tells me that you would do group finder content if the requirements were lower. I mean the fact that you can see groups in your group finder shows that you meet the minimum ilvl requirement that THEY set up for their group.

Why don't you start up a pug group with lower requirements?

Is it because you might have to know what you are doing and possibly know boss mechanics and not be carried?

I mean, if YOU feel that YOU are geared enough for whatever it is that you want to sign up for, and you arent getting invited to the ones you sign up for, why not just make your own?, that way problem is solved.
    I have a question for you: Is there some purpose to the singling out of people who don't want to make their own groups? I mean, I get a really big vibe from this whole thread of 'what the hell is WRONG with these people, because they don't enjoy the same things I do?' If that's not your purpose, well fine. But that's the message you're sending.

jay i don't think this is completely a ilvl thing, there are so many fail=kick grps out there that some people just simply find it easier to stay away from player made grps now

- - - Updated - - -

And I Quote:

Indicating that you are unwilling to form your own group, further indicating that if you COULD be accepted to a group to carry you (bring you with 0 experience), you would.

Its fine that you are happy running queueable content, but the fact that you "take one look at the group finder and see the 'insane requirement' then hit LFR instead" tells me that you would do group finder content if the requirements were lower. I mean the fact that you can see groups in your group finder shows that you meet the minimum ilvl requirement that THEY set up for their group.
    no what he can see are grps that have titles like "nm speed clear 940+" in the title and no minimum req like every1 else can see

Deleted
    Yeh, preaching to the converted mate, I have Bipolar thanks
    "I'm ill, therefore I'm a doctor."

Solid logic.

But when you read half the time people preachign baout some crap like "Oh, my social anxiety!" which basically just isn;t real 99% of the time, because, shock horror! People in general don't actually like getting on stage, or talking in front of lots of people, or having to do a task in front of random strangers.
    That's not mental illness, and diminishes it the suffering many go through. This social anxiety fuck-wittery is people who just don't want to talk to others most times, and attention seeking at others.
    Your attitude does seem consistent with reports of reduced levels of empathy in those suffering from bipolarity.
    Last edited by mmoc38da5ea66c; 2017-12-15 at 06:31 PM.

I don't really care. I prefer to not join such groups, because out of experience, the people are not the kind I'd enjoy spending my free time with. I just genuinely tend to dislike them and their attitude. The idea of having these people tell me what to do is quite ridiculous, too. I feel it's beneath me.

My experience is that interaction with automatically assembled groups is generally easier and more positive. Why would you reject the clearly more convenient and positive system? That's the real question.

Indicating i am unwilling? I thought it was pretty clear that i am unwiling. Let me clarify the obvious thing i said. I am unwilling to form a group for content i have not done. I also would never join i raid i had not researched anymore than i would lead one. I even flask and rune up in LFR.

It is the whole tone that group finder has that i find off putting. The wackadoodle requirements that people want is bad enough but the multitudes of all caps NO SCRUBS!! BADS WILL BE KICKED!! BE GOOD OR GET LOST!!!!! is rather obnoxious. People can ask for anything they want in a run but it is a hard pass from me even if i do have the Ilvl they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indicating i am unwilling? I thought it was pretty clear that i am unwiling. Let me clarify the obvious thing i said. I am unwilling to form a group for content i have not done. I also would never join i raid i had not researched anymore than i would lead one. I even flask and rune up in LFR.

It is the whole tone that group finder has that i find off putting. The wackadoodle requirements that people want is bad enough but the multitudes of all caps NO SCRUBS!! BADS WILL BE KICKED!! BE GOOD OR GET LOST!!!!! is rather obnoxious. People can ask for anything they want in a run but it is a hard pass from me even if i do have the Ilvl they want.
    But there are groups out there that don't say that or require some insane ilvl requirements. If you really wanted to experience raiding how it is supposed to be experienced, you could pretty easily find "learning groups" that are patient and accepting and all that jazz. I regularly join "learning groups" on my alts to both learn on a new character and help the groups out.

You are generalizing people and creating a stereotype of WoW players, when in reality, most people you meet in WoW are actually decent people. Sure there are some people with big egos and think they get fame and praise when their dps meter or their parses are orange, but those are in the minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I don't really care. I prefer to not join such groups, because out of experience, the people are not the kind I'd enjoy spending my free time with. I just genuinely tend to dislike them and their attitude. The idea of having these people tell me what to do is quite ridiculous, too. I feel it's beneath me.

My experience is that interaction with automatically assembled groups is generally easier and more positive. Why would you reject the clearly more convenient and positive system? That's the real question.
    You feel its beneath you to listen to instructions and pay attention so you don't fuck up and die or cause others to die in a setting where group success is paramount?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    jay i don't think this is completely a ilvl thing, there are so many fail=kick grps out there that some people just simply find it easier to stay away from player made grps now

- - - Updated - - -

no what he can see are grps that have titles like "nm speed clear 940+" in the title and no minimum req like every1 else can see
    So its hard to ignore and avoid those groups?

If you walk down the street and see a sign "come here for free sex and cheat on your wife!" does that mean you have to go there and cheat on your wife?

Big exaggeration there, but you get the point.

So its hard to ignore and avoid those groups?

If you walk down the street and see a sign "come here for free sex and cheat on your wife!" does that mean you have to go there and cheat on your wife?

Big exaggeration there, but you get the point.
    A better example is if I'm looking through the yellow pages for a pizza joint, and every single advertisement on every single page is for that one pizza joint that doesn't deliver, has shitty pizza, and is bracketed in between those 2 'adult' bars where the druggies hang out.

Eventually you learn to swear off the yellow pages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    A better example is if I'm looking through the yellow pages for a pizza joint, and every single advertisement on every single page is for that one pizza joint that doesn't deliver, has shitty pizza, and is bracketed in between those 2 'adult' bars where the druggies hang out.

Eventually you learn to swear off the yellow pages.
    This.

On top of that comes the fact that the Group Finder interface is simply atrocious. It has no filter, it's impossible to sort by preference (dungeon/keystone level/amount of players), the list of groups is massive but crammed into a tiny window, descriptions require a mouseover, groups delist faster than you can read and the refresh button has no consistency in what it shows you.

It's just a lot less pain to hit the LFR button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I have this feeling you just made that up?

You feel its beneath you to listen to instructions and pay attention so you don't fuck up and die or cause others to die in a setting where group success is paramount?
    Yes. I'm not the type of person you give instructions. Especially since it really isn't these people's place to do so, being that I'm most probably better at what they do.