Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the whole 'demons rezzing' is just not a universal rule.

its only followed if it suits blizz's plot or not
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Makes you wonder. How did planets came to exist ? Big bang ? Then if planets can have their personifications, then perhaps big bang can as well.

So you have banging momma.
    Which leads to the awkward conversation of asking planets about their birth: So how you were born? "My momma had a big bang"

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I take it him not being "reborn" was on orders from Kil'Jaden for Rakeesh's failures.

or a way to spite Velen.
    Definitely the latter. In fact, that was pretty much the entire point of him being there in the first place. KJ hated Velen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes you wonder. How did planets came to exist ? Big bang ? Then if planets can have their personifications, then perhaps big bang can as well.

that was a mama of all mamas
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    he probably didnt have a demon soul.

or, just blizz writing.

i pretend its the former.
    (but we all know the truth)
    Lets just go with Blizz writing because we really have no clarification on anything demon related anymore. One minute it was "oh they can only be killed in the nether" and a few months later it was "oh no it doesn't matter because it's Argus reviving them not the nether". So there's so many plot holes like, why didn't we see Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden again in Antorus(granted I know players would be pissed having to fight KJ after ToS and Archimonde so soon after HFC, but the story says they could still be revived).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    With that in mind, was it not true that Argus just sped the demon regeneration greatly?

Even without him, demons eventually return no? Chronicle Volume 1 states that demons die permanently when slain within the Twisting Nether, or in areas permeated with fel energy (the Planet of Argus). Otherwise Demons are immortal. Rakeesh died on the Exodar.
    This whole thing is a mess. Argus already retconned Chronicles.

And there is no canon or official source saying that Argus speeds up demonic ressurection.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    This whole thing is a mess. Argus already retconned Chronicles.

And there is no canon or official source saying that Argus speeds up demonic ressurection.
    I think there is, but I really cannot bother searching where it was. I think it may have been in the 1000 Years of War story where Lothraxion was recalling his demon years.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think there is, but I really cannot bother searching where it was. I think it may have been in the 1000 Years of War story where Lothraxion was recalling his demon years.
    My dude. There isn't. It's pure speculation, that began on the forums, but became the common headcanon Blizzard is yet to explain the bullshittery.

Blizzard sometimes make Demonic Regeneration actually sound like it might not be an automatic process. But something someone else triggers for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    My dude. There isn't. It's pure speculation, that began on the forums, but became the common headcanon Blizzard is yet to explain the bullshittery.
    Well we know demons regenerate anyways, since they did so even before Sargeras went mad. And we also know that Sargeras uses Argus to resurrect demons. Therefore Argus' possible purpose is only to bring them in faster.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well we know demons regenerate anyways, since they did so even before Sargeras went mad. And we also know that Sargeras uses Argus to resurrect demons. Therefore Argus' possible purpose is only to bring them in faster.
    Or, Argus possible purpose is to bring then back while in the Twisting Nether too. Makes that infinite army more infinite.

You can't pick the best possibility and go around saying it's the canon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Or maybe he spreaded too much fel stuff around him in Exodar so he got killed permanently.
    This^

Blizzard establishing their lore for demons being killed for good anywhere that isn't the Twisting Nether (any era over saturated with fel energy) helps them tell story from in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    This^

Blizzard establishing their lore for demons being killed for good anywhere that isn't the Twisting Nether (any era over saturated with fel energy) helps them tell story from in-game.
    Rakeesh was also killed in a special circumstance - a massive explosion of Fel energies coming from a Fel Annihilator rigged to explore and so take the Exodar out with it. That's probably significant enough Fel energy to permanently kill a demon under "normal" circumstances.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

You mean Elune?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    You mean Elune?
    Elune doesn't exist. Only elven rednecks believe in that stupid shit.

Rakeesh was never a demon.

Atrigan yells: Admit that I am right! Break the body and the spirit follows.
    Belac yells: Physical pain? Bah! Mental anguish is the true weapon. Was it not the key to turning Rakeesh?
    Atrigan yells: Bah! It was the suffering I inflicted which... Hold! The mortals come! That fool Goroth has failed again!
    Belac yells: Sooner than expected, but no matter. Our work begins!

They just broke his will & sent him off to Exodar. He's red, tho, but I dunno. That's my best explanation.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

With the exception of KillahJ and Archie, are there any other Eradar that recover the same way demons do? They always show demons coming back that are pit Lords or dreadlords. I can't think of an Eradar doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Do Titans actually have something akin to mothers?
    For all we know, it could be a giant turtle laying all those planet eggs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Rakeesh was never a demon.

Atrigan yells: Admit that I am right! Break the body and the spirit follows.
    Belac yells: Physical pain? Bah! Mental anguish is the true weapon. Was it not the key to turning Rakeesh?
    Atrigan yells: Bah! It was the suffering I inflicted which... Hold! The mortals come! That fool Goroth has failed again!
    Belac yells: Sooner than expected, but no matter. Our work begins!

They just broke his will & sent him off to Exodar. He's red, tho, but I dunno. That's my best explanation.
    Rakeesh is categorized as a demon in-game, but that's not really a canon specification either. Demon or mortal Eredar, it was in Kil'jaeden's best interests (and to hurt Velen) that Rakeesh die a final death so one way or the other that's what he would ensure came to pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Do Titans actually have something akin to mothers?
    It doesn't appear so. Titan world-souls are "born" as wavelengths of celestial energy that accrete a planet around themselves (acting as a planetesimal) - insofar as we know they don't have progenitors of any kind.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'd assume yes, he could regenerate, but without the Argus world soul to power it anymore expect to wait a few thousand years.

I do also like the theory I'm seeing that Kil'jaeden had no interest in resurrecting him if he failed to kill Velen, because that'd just give Velen a potential hope to redeem him. Far better for him to never get his son back after the wound was dealt.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-12-16 at 03:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.