Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    really. they haven't referred to classic as vanilla? hmmm. what was that joke...
    Yeh and? They didnt refer to it as Vanilla there either. He said "some of you like Vanilla" Thats it. WoW Classic is NOT Vanilla WoW. It WILL have changes from Vanilla.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    Original beta or bust then
    Too far in the other direction. Blizzard's classic servers will be as close to 1.12.1 as possible. No one knows if all content will be available or if a simulated patch schedule will happen, but the game itself will reflect vanilla as it was before BC came.

I do agree with you that some things should be different. It is highly unlikely the inner workings of the UI, Lua/API, will be the same. A fork of the current UI seems to be the best thing to do, since the UI was absolute shit back then. Ignoring 10 years of code improvement on the part of the game players don't see would be stupid. It will look exactly the same visually as the old UI, with the old talents, no group finders, and so on, but run much smoother and more efficiently, plus it won't be a pain in the ass to work on addons for authors that want to work on both classic and current.

Even with a current UI, nothing about the 3D world should be changed. At all. AoE loot, as much as I love it, is a world interaction. I'm 50/50 on adding that. I would love a guild bank, since sharing toons back then sucked and wasn't technically allowed, but that would also mean adding guild bank objects.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Are the servers going to crash every other day? That was part of the true classic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There are certain features that any true vanilla player loved when they came out. Dual spec and quest trackers to ring a few bells.
    I love these guys who come and start to claim they speak for everyone (especially when it's just to transparently try to get legitimacy for their own opinion).

You don't speak for me, and in fact I disliked both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    first of all there is the economic impact. look at the price of low level greens on the AH. this is in large part due to transmog. no longer will joe the mage be able to buy that nice new pair of gloves he likes, because its not 10 silver like it should be. isntead its 5 gold.

also you had a whole new breed of ninja looters to the equation as people roll on loot for transmog purposes.
    That’s not game breaking at all. I doubt it’ll affect the economy that much and even if it does, is that a bad thing? The ninja looting happens anyway.

I still get a kick out of people wanting aoe looting in the classic version. Classic isn't even out and people are already fully tiered geared and can run through the open fields in EPL, tagging everything in the zone. Be real. A year and a half after it's been released, you'll have 1 or 2 epics (bought on the AH), and a bunch of quest blues. At best you'll be able to kite-kill 2 mobs at once, maybe 3 if you're lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I love these guys who come and start to claim they speak for everyone (especially when it's just to transparently try to get legitimacy for their own opinion).

You don't speak for me, and in fact I disliked both.
    Sure you little rebel /eyeroll.

No one can "dislike" systems that don't break the game in any regard. They have/had zero negative effects on the player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple fact is Vanilla players want VANILLA. no changes. We will continue saying "go play retail" as long as you guys say "add/change this".

You want us to stop saying it? Stop asking for changes. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yeh and? They didnt refer to it as Vanilla there either. He said "some of you like Vanilla" Thats it. WoW Classic is NOT Vanilla WoW. It WILL have changes from Vanilla.
    your stretching here. and blizzard has used the two words interchangeably on many a time.

Obviously it will have stuff like Battle.net integration and Color Blind Mode.

that doesn't mean stuff like LFD are going to get in.

Dual specc really would. AoE loot would detract from the experience too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    That’s not game breaking at all. I doubt it’ll affect the economy that much and even if it does, is that a bad thing? The ninja looting happens anyway.
    you clearly don't pay much attention to the live economy if you think transmog doesn't change crap.

and yes it matters. the point is to bring back classic. not to bring back a classic live hybrid.

and yes, there was ninjas. but thats like saying "hey theres robbers in this town, lets make it so were okay with more"
    sound stupid? does to me too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only things I want from Classic WoW are the bugs and exploits out of the game. We don't need any of the new stuff. thats what current WoW is for :P

All Blizzard have to do is look how Nostalrius did it and do that. Thats what got them so popular, blizzard only need to reapply
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-12-15 at 11:22 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you don't want to read *go play retail then* then stop asking for retail features .. u folks cried for Vanilla u get it now and still want more ... thats why everyone is s toxic towards Vanilla folks

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    classic and vanilla are used interchangeably by blizzard.
    Did you intentionally miss my point?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I think if it bothers you than you should just go play retail.

Don't worry.

The only "scrubs" are the people chasing their pasts.

Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    i agree transmog breaks the game

dual spec doesn't. When it was released, it was welcomed by EVERYONE.
    You think something purely cosmetic breaks the game, however something that changes gameplay does not? Really?!

Just to be clear I want no changes, I just don't understand the justification for not thinking dual spec is a bigger problem than transmog.

classic and vanilla are used interchangeably by blizzard.
    So was "Legion Pathfinder" and "Broken Shores" pathfinder. As well as "Fly in Legion" and "Fly in the Broken shores".

I caution against reading too much into what terminology Blizzard uses, since they will inevitably do whatever the hell they want, regardless of what they said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So was "Legion Pathfinder" and "Broken Shores" pathfinder. As well as "Fly in Legion" and "Fly in the Broken shores".

I caution against reading too much into what terminology Blizzard uses, since they will inevitably do whatever the hell they want, regardless of what they said.
    "but they promised me!"

*no promise was ever made*

Sound logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    Are the servers going to crash every other day? That was part of the true classic experience.
    Don't forget the garbage net code and weak servers, where you could be standing directly on top of a target and be "Out of Melee Range".