Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    but but pitbulls are so lovely and nice! yah right.. until they shred you to pieces

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Okay, did some Googling and found other, better written, articles that are describing a body found with punctures in the skull and neck and that examiners believe the girl was taken to the ground, lost consciousness and then was mauled. This makes sense, given how small she was. Some articles are saying the dogs were allegedly bred for fighting purposes and that the girl had ties to dog fighting. Looking at her facebook, she's got all sorts of pictures of her posing with Confederate flags and had one hanging up in her room. Also, her gross makeup job and tattoos seem to help suggest she was probably sort of a trashy person, so I could believe allegations of dog fighting (considering it's weirdly popular around Virginia among rednecks/white trash folk).

She walked the dogs many times before on the very same trail they killed her on, so I wonder just what made the animals attack her. Could've been that they found a small wounded animal and wanted to kill it and she tried stopping them and they snapped on her, I dunno.
    If the girl had ties to dog fighting and the dogs were bred for fighting purposes then it makes total sense to me why this happened. People seem to think that you can breed/train animals to be aggressive towards other animals and not towards their handlers but it doesn't always work out that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akredon View Post
    This is really Weird. Like if you have had a dog since a puppy baring from abuse Which doesn't look like that is possible. something Fishy is at work. And i know some times the simplest answer is the correct one but. i just find it really hard to believe that her own dogs... since she had since they were puppies murdered their own owner...
    Nah, it could have been something as simple as the dogs started fighting and she tried to separate them, and they turned on her.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm willing to bet good money that drugs are involved in this... Death threats... Found in remote woodland area... Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Nah, it could have been something as simple as the dogs started fighting and she tried to separate them, and they turned on her.
    I am actually surprised that no one has made a Michael Vick joke as not only were these pit bulls but in Virginia and about 2 hours from his kennel(or where it used to be)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    I'm willing to bet good money that drugs are involved in this... Death threats... Found in remote woodland area... Yeah.
    You would sadly lose that bet, As I said earlier I am within 45 minutes of here and there has already been pretty good evidence found that it was just the dogs.

Everything in this seems questionable. I have trouble believing the dogs were to blame. She had been receiving death threats. One even wonders if the sheriff knows more than he's letting on - especially when he's trying to get the dogs euthanized before cause of death has been completely determined.

Why would dogs kill their owner since puppyhood - and then guard and defend the body rather than consume it?

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Mixbreed terrier=/=pitbull.

Deleted
    That's horrible...

And what's also horrible are all the people in that article with tattoo sleeves and face piercings. Yikes...

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Its all we heard on the news today, I am about 45 minutes out from there.
    Yeah I live not far from there . That area also has bears and coyotes

- - - Updated - - -

They are not Pit Bulls . They are what's known as Bandogs. Mix breeds of various molosser breeds and sold as "pit bulls"

- - - Updated - - -

Odds are the dogs were poorly trained and dominate and she had no real control of them. Something set them off she was not able to handle then they turned on her.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

i definitely wouldn't own pitbulls. ever.

looking at her, at her friend, it's no doubt she wasn't the type of person that should have such a dangerous animal.

really need to regulate pet ownership better.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds odd. But they look like Pits...so.... and there was two of them. Pack mentality among dogs can cause them to do some viscous things. A jogger in Michigan was killed by 2 Rotts last year. I would never have dogs that large to begin with. Imagine the food bill. The worse however, would be the potential for some type dogs to do serous harm.

I, too, would be more than willing to own a pet whose mouth is bigger than my skull - as per seen in some of those pictures.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    This sounds like a logical explanation. People do not know how strong these type dogs are and how quickly they can harm you. If she had been having death threats, a good reason to have a handgun for protection. But would she have had the will to shoot her own dogs?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mac View Post
    i fear my cat might do this to me one day
    Poppins will save you.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    As a cat owner, I understand this fear.
    It'll only try and eat you after you die. Maybe that's what happened here o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Trashy Tattoos.
    Multiple mixed pit breeds.
    Dead owner.

I don't know.. fits too me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible she could of have had a seizure? It is not super uncommon for dogs to get fiercely aggressive towards another seizing dog, even if they've been best friends with the same dog for ages. It's the different strong smell the dog suddenly gives off in combination with the cramping body itself that is the trigger. Having a pack of dogs make it more dangerous too, as it often only requires one to attack for the rest to follow suit. Pack instincts that kick in.
    Don't think I've heard of an incident like that involving a human getting attacked by a dog when in a seizure, but I don't think it is entirely impossible for it to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akredon View Post
    This is really Weird. Like if you have had a dog since a puppy baring from abuse Which doesn't look like that is possible. something Fishy is at work. And i know some times the simplest answer is the correct one but. i just find it really hard to believe that her own dogs... since she had since they were puppies murdered their own owner...
    Yeah I mean this is something that just doesn't happen. Say what you want about pitbulls but they CAN be trained and CAN be loyal, friendly dogs. I've met one who lived with my little niece for a few years and I remember playing around with him letting him play bite my forearm and everything. He was an awesome dog. Just wanted to play all the time. They don't all have some hidden dark rage mode within them that just kicks on randomly. Something else happened here.

If you raise a dog from when it was just a puppy to a full grown it's impossible for this to happen unless you abused the dog it's whole life which doesn't seem to be the case here as you can tell by the pictures that they had a good home and a good owner. If a dog is receiving that much care and love why would they kill their owner?

But of course people will just say that pitbulls are evil, wild dogs that have killing in their nature and that we should just kill them off because they're too dangerous to have around.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-12-16 at 03:15 PM.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    interesting story. will be interesting to see if anything comes of the investigation. it seems weird for dogs that have been otherwise loyal to their owner to suddenly turn on her and maul her to death and then guard her body... but we might not be getting all the information.

Death threats could well be a red herring but i'd still consider them worth looking into, on the off chance.
    Ily mmoc

Dogs that have been raised since puppies would have no reason to kill her if they were treated well. Dogs are not humans, they don't kill things for fun, especially things they consider part of their family.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..