Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Seems very very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalinn View Post
    Dogs dont just snap and do something like that...
    Pretty sure either they got beaten or not fed or maybe even druged but thats unlikly.
    People can snap, but dogs cant

seeing her smile with the dogs is so gruesome
    even so, the cirumstances are unknown so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted
    How can something be that vague? I say it didn't happen and all people described are fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    All it takes is a dog to feel threatened or scared and it can and usually will respond, sometimes violently. Own a dog? Here's a neat trick you can do. Next time you walk into a room and your dog is there, first get eye contact. Then get wide eyed, drop your jaw, act scared and slowly inch out while staring them in the eye.
    I own two dogs that I raised from pups, they are lovely creatures that I have no doubt would give their lives for mine if I was ever attacked. They are more family to me than some of my real family and treat me like one of their own, that's a bond you don't easily break.

But then again I'm also not retarded and don't provoke them far enough that they might resort to their base instincts enough to overwhelm the familial bond they've developed with me since they were pups. If that's what this woman did to her dogs, then, well.. it's tragic yes but hardly the dogs fault. It's just natural selection at work.

Either way, I don't think we're getting the full story. What's the chances that she provoked both her dogs enough to make them not only bite her, but attack her until she was dead. I mean, how realistic does that really seem if she had raised them since pups? Unless she was beating them or treating them cruelly, in that case she'd deserve it.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Well at least they were nice enough to guard her body after they killed her. Sadly pitbull lovers are far too defensive about them to ever notice the trend of sweet innocent loving pits turning out owners/children out of the blue with zero signs of it prior to that. At some point people need to care more about their family and children then they do about a breed of dogs.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    Yeah I mean this is something that just doesn't happen. Say what you want about pitbulls but they CAN be trained and CAN be loyal, friendly dogs. I've met one who lived with my little niece for a few years and I remember playing around with him letting him play bite my forearm and everything. He was an awesome dog. Just wanted to play all the time. They don't all have some hidden dark rage mode within them that just kicks on randomly. Something else happened here.

If you raise a dog from when it was just a puppy to a full grown it's impossible for this to happen unless you abused the dog it's whole life which doesn't seem to be the case here as you can tell by the pictures that they had a good home and a good owner. If a dog is receiving that much care and love why would they kill their owner?

But of course people will just say that pitbulls are evil, wild dogs that have killing in their nature and that we should just kill them off because they're too dangerous to have around.
    I feel like people who are on the anti-pit bull kick typically have never had a good pit bull to understand why so many people are loyal to the breed. I had a pit bull and my ex wife family had 4 so i just don't see it. If one off ends up hurting or biting someone i am going to ask for the situation and how it was raised because dogs are a product of their environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't buy dogs big enough to kill you. It's that simple. If your dog is bigger than a Paris Hilton dog, you done fucked up. Dogs are unpredictable creators and you'll never know when one day they'll flip their shit and turn on you. Raising them since they were puppies doesn't mean shit. From the sounds of it, the dogs were as big as she was.

Just don't get them bigger than this and you'll be fine, cause dogs often do turn on their owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The video says they're pit bulls but they look like mixes to me. They're also much larger than typical pit bulls (100-120 lbs).
    You can just say it was pit bulls without all the dancing around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The video says they're pit bulls but they look like mixes to me. They're also much larger than typical pit bulls (100-120 lbs).

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. I feel like a medical examiner would be able to positively ID the species of the bite marks, they're usually pretty distinct and a lack of defensive wounds on the dogs is telling.

RIP.
    A good portion of "pit bull attacks" are carried out by mixed breed dogs that aren't from the breeds usually considered to be pit bulls. For instance I knew a friend that had a boxer/mastiff mix that was often mislabeled as a pit bull.

Personally I think it's people's fault for pit bull related attacks. The behavior of dogs is almost 100% the result of humans and we have the ability to select against aggression when breeding these dogs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Retrievers retrieve. Pointers point. Collies herd. Pits fight. We bred them to be this way, so it’s not surprising that pitbulls attack more, particularly towards small animals/dogs. Also, there was a study done that isolated an aggressive gene in dogs, which proved that they weren’t always a product of their (good) environment.
    Bulldogs and mastiffs were also bred to fight. We as humans have the ability to select against aggression when breeding dogs.

And we’re not. This breed is still commonly selected for its sturdiness, aggression and fighting history. That’s why I agree with the bans that many countries/counties have put in place.
    But then you're not addressing the issue. Local and federal governments should focus on disincentivizing pit bull breeders to breed for aggressive traits.

Same applies to brachycephalic dog breeds like old English bulldogs and pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    But then you're not addressing the issue. Local and federal governments should focus on disincentivizing pit bull breeders to breed for aggressive traits.

Same applies to brachycephalic dog breeds like old English bulldogs and pugs.
    The best thing would be to just, not have them as pets at all. That's the safe way to handle this issue. Pit bulls and the cross-bred variety that seems to be the aggressor in this case are illegal in most of Europe. Cases like this is why; however long it might take breeders to "breed out" the aggressive qualities, that's time passing by where people get mauled, killed and disfigured.

Public safety should come before "freedom to select whichever pet breed I want".

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    The best thing would be to just, not have them as pets at all. That's the safe way to handle this issue. Pit bulls and the cross-bred variety that seems to be the aggressor in this case are illegal in most of Europe. Cases like this is why.
    And how does one enforce a pit bull ban? Having the government haul their pet away to be euthanized?

Many elements of dog breeding are problematic, breeding pit bulls and rottweilers for aggression is one of them.

I suppose I can guess with a 64.8% probability the exact breed group of the dogs even without looking at the article. After all, this is the exact percentage of human fatalities caused by "super children friendly, never hurt anyone" breed. Guess it is 350 something plus one now this year.

Proof of when you got your dog (age, etc). If it was before the ban, you can keep them. If it was after, you must get rid of the dog. If you cant produce any documents, tough shit. Dog goes.
    This raises multiple questions.

What if you have nowhere to relocate your dog to? What if you already have a pit bull and move to an area where they're banned, but it was before the ban? What if you have a mixed breed dog that's not a pitbull but superficially resembles one such as the case of the previously mentioned boxer/mastiff cross? What if it's your service dog (yes, there are pits used as service dogs, not to the level of retrievers but they do exist). What if your already established pit bull manages to breed with another dog? What breeds (because pit bulls are not a single breed of dog) count as pit bulls?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Just don't buy dogs big enough to kill you. It's that simple. If your dog is bigger than a Paris Hilton dog, you done fucked up. Dogs are unpredictable creators and you'll never know when one day they'll flip their shit and turn on you. Raising them since they were puppies doesn't mean shit. From the sounds of it, the dogs were as big as she was.

Just don't get them bigger than this and you'll be fine, cause dogs often do turn on their owners.

Often? It's very rare considering just how many dogs there are around. And you've got it the wrong way around. If your dog is the size of Paris Hilton's, you've fucked up.

I highly doubt the dogs did it.

I’m sure you can look all this stuff up. Many counties have bans already in place. The military post I’m on does, as well as the county.
    banning pitts is retarded in the first place. they are no more aggressive by nature than other other breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Dogs are not humans, they don't kill things for fun
    Riiight. Then perhaps it'd bother you to know that dogs do in fact kill for sport/fun, along with literally hundreds of different animals. Cats, polar bears, orca whales, dolphins, baboons, the list goes on for quite awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why so many putting slurred druggie feels to a higher credence than scientific and forensic findings of a medical professional.

Oh wait, forgot there were pit lovers in here.