Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Very much yes. All the gold armor in Zandalar will look great on my Chadalari Paladin mon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    If they give it to Zandalari, I see no reason not to give it to Night Elves too. Would offset the no-paladins Void Elves.
    That's the thing. With the new allied races, they're already implementing them so they already have to choose the available classes.

Night Elves would have to have them added actively, which actually might happen somewhere down the line, where we get new classes for existing races, but probably not at the same time as we get allied races.

Deleted
    This fine Zandalari lady has golden tattoos. I wonder of player character will get such treat.

https://www.mamytwink.com/upload/new...classe-wow.jpg

It'd be useful for my all Troll guild, I also like the idea of them in nice shining plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    It'd be useful for my all Troll guild, I also like the idea of them in nice shining plate.
    Indeed. And Zandalar quest and dungeon items seem to have so much gold (since Zandalari cities and architecture use it alot) that it would almost be sinful to not let them be paladins.

Their gold even has magic properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Horde is already getting 2 new races of druids and there is no way night elves are going to be able to become paladins.
    You get 2 night elf pally followers in your paladin order hall, so blizz has already set a precedent there.
    Last edited by Ineluki; 2017-12-16 at 07:06 PM.

i actually agree to this, but i if they add them i would like for blizzard to explain exactly what they are, they use nature magic or holy light magic?? because if they draw from the loa then it must be nature magic, also, if this is the case, whats the differences with a druid apart that they cant shapeshift??

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    This fine Zandalari lady has golden tattoos. I wonder of player character will get such treat.

https://www.mamytwink.com/upload/new...classe-wow.jpg
    she is boss in dungeon. Obsessed with gold

No.
    /10 characters

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please, Stop forcing me to play a elf or a cow if i wanna be a pala!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    she is boss in dungeon. Obsessed with gold
    Where did you get your information from, brother?

Where did you get your information from, brother?
    https://youtu.be/fMYNc2ZXU3U?t=555 just quick search youtube - she is first boss there.
    Name Priestess Alun’za.
    http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/wp-c...-03-02-702.jpg from blizzcon stream. About obsession remember that this were word of someone from devs during presentation (or maybe dungeon journal entry somewhere)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    https://youtu.be/fMYNc2ZXU3U?t=555 just quick search youtube - she is first boss there.
    Name Priestess Alun’za.
    http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/wp-c...-03-02-702.jpg from blizzcon stream. About obsession remember that this were word of someone from devs during presentation (or maybe dungeon journal entry somewhere)
    Thank you, brother! Still, I wish to see some golden tattoos. Would make a fancy paladin.

Thank you, brother! Still, I wish to see some golden tattoos. Would make a fancy paladin.
    your choice. I doubt they will be. Cause i even not sure if it's tattoos. Looks like golden carpace, or even skin replacement (some strong voodoo there mon)

during Zul'Gurub, Zandalari had Paladin sets as well. I think they might have some kind of Paladin variation (Blood elves got Blood Knights, Draenei got Vindicators, Tauren got Holycow druids, aka sunwalkers, aka sun priest/warriors), only human/dwarven races got Paladins. rest of them lorewise are something different, but technically are Paladins
    so why not? I think Zandalari Paladins and druids and shaman, all make sense

Deleted
    Yes, it fits to the lore very well. Also im tired of blood elves, they're everywhere. It's not even Horde anymore, its Bloody Elvania. Demon hunters, paladins - all of them bloody elves. So Zandalari Paladins could save that horrific situation, anyways Horde needs some race that could be a paladin, when Alliance have a lots of those who can be shaman which is kind of unfair.

As we move away from the class homogeneization we saw during Legion, it's a good time to carve new paths about class fantasy, and what each class is allowed to encompass.

So with no need for every paladin to serve a Paladin Order, i'm on board with more "Holy Warrior" fantasy, and Zandalari are perfect for this; even if for gameplay purposes they would just play like regular paladins, in lore their sect of "Holy Warriors" would have thousands of years to be its own unique thing.

Personally I'm open to the idea of classes overall being more open to encompass more unique flavors while maintaining gameplay, as I believe Classes should not be pre-defined paths, just classification of already existing roles.

As a side note, even when I'm a bit disappointing with Tauren Sunwalkers kinda just merging with regular Paladin lore, it has some sort of in universe sense: Tauren Sunwalkers are such a young order that they most likely actually molded their practices to something already existent, in this case, paladins, which in practical terms actually allowed them to develop far more quickly than having to come up with their whole thing on their own.
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2017-12-17 at 12:14 AM.

Yes please.

Give Night Elves Paladins as well for parity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post

This is a Zandalari protection Paladin.
    He's infused with the Thunder King's power, which is the power of the Titans, which is arcane in origin, not Light.

Paladin Zandalari? *shrug*

1. Ultimately, whatever. Let people play what they enjoy!
    2. However, I don't think it fits them well. I guess the Zandalar haven't been cut off from the larger world, per se, but Paladins are a direct derivation of Priests at a particular time in the larger mythos's timeline. I don't really see the Zandalari fitting into that timeframe like that, since outside of remaining on their island nation, their representation has basically just been going out as a large group, trying to conquer something, failing, and retreating or dying, not interacting extensively like would be expected for a melding of faiths/practices like would be necessary for Paladins. There will always be exceptions, but exceptions don't prove the rule. My understanding is that although in game mechanics lets them be "priests," they aren't really tapping into the larger Light so much as the Loa, and the Loa are, from what I think I remember from Chronicle, considered Wild Gods, beings who are tied to the Emerald Dream and the physical plain. I think also the death realm, whatever it was, which doesn't really make the case for the Light, either.
    3. HOWEVER, let people play what they enjoy! And then make the lore fit it nicely.
    Last edited by Magistrate; 2017-12-17 at 12:40 AM.

Horde is already getting everything they wanted this expansion, so why not?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, give some allied races more unique classes their other counterparts can't be, it makes them a lot more interesting.

And Zandalari Paladins have Lore support. In both old Zul'Gurub (Freethinker), and Throne of Thunder (Prelate)