Thread: I hate Dalaran.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Just as it must be very tiring to enter into any thread or topic that is in anyway negative towards World of Warcraft and make yet another boring post bitching that people have the audacity to complain about something, hm?
    Not really no, I save a lot of energy on being a Positive Polly rather than a Negative Nancy I'd say!

And I don't make new threads with every little asinine complaint I have, which is probably also a big energy-saver.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Not really no, I save a lot of energy on being a Positive Polly rather than a Negative Nancy I'd say!

And I don't make new threads with every little asinine complaint I have, which is probably also a big energy-saver.
    Somehow I'm not 100% convinced complaining about a tongue-in-cheek vent thread exactly falls in line with how you see yourself.

Deleted
    I used used my garrsion for banking and AH, two hearthstones on their own timers. It rocked. Never really had a reason to go to Dalaran

Somehow I'm not 100% convinced complaining about a tongue-in-cheek vent thread exactly falls in line with how you see yourself.
    I responded to a complaint thread where 1 person feels that his complaint deserved a thread of its own, not exactly an original concept.

My self-esteem is intact, thank you very much. ^^

If Rorcanna were anymore defensive I swear the guy would be able to one-tank mythic Argus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good gawd these trends pick up fast on this website.

Actually, I wish to see nothing but "I Hate _______" threads flooding General Discussions NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    Loads fine for me on Draenor EU. Maybe upgrade your wooden PC instead of whining like a little bitch.
    Indeed.

Draenor EU is not exactly a dead server at that, so... Although there has been some AH-lag (any city) at certain times lately, not sure if that's something happening across more servers or just Draenor EU.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    It takes my computer 5 minutes to sometimes log into the game if I logged out in Dalaran. It's insane. My computer is able to run the game on high-ultra btw so it's not like my computer is shit.
    Yeah. I changed my hearthstone to the Vindicaar as soon as it came out and never use the Dal hearthstone. Cause even if I gotta go to say Broken Shore it would take less time to fly there than to wait for the load.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    I prefer dalaran over my garrison

If Rorcanna were anymore defensive I swear the guy would be able to one-tank mythic Argus.
    Someone is projeeectiiiing!

As well as referring to himself in 3rd person...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Good gawd these trends pick up fast on this website.

Actually, I wish to see nothing but "I Hate _______" threads flooding General Discussions NOW.
    We're fast headed in that direction, that's for sure.

Deleted
    Dalaran takes a while to load for me as well. Could be my processor I guess, I use a decent SSD and my graphics card is absurdly overkill for WoW so doubt that's the issue. I have long loading screens in general actually. Sometimes takes almost a full minute to reload my UI in raids if I need to, and I don't have a crazy amount of addons... no more than would be expected anyway.

That said as others have pointed out, I like Dalaran a lot more than my Garrison. Even class order halls are OK because at least you still see other players in them. I'm quite looking forward to the BfA capitals though, Alliance/Horde only and as a Troll player, a Troll capital city is always gonna be awesome in my view even if it takes 10 mins to load up, haha.

Yes it's a rage/vent thread.

I hate Dalaran. It loads like shit, there's still no auction house in it which means you have to zone into another city and then hearth back, making Dalaran even more painful and it's incredibly laggy. Sometimes mail will outright refuse to properly load. I do not want to see this piece of shit city ever return.

Okay rage post over, continue with your scheduled shitposting.
    You realize, when you're in dalaran and you portal to orgrimmar or stormwind, when you show up there is literally a portal right in front of your face back to dalaran. You don't need to hearth.

All you need to do,

is pay attention.

Dalaran loadscreen is the true final boss of Legion.

Loading screens have been a big issue in Legion. It wouldn't be quite as bad if order halls weren't a thing, but having to go through Dalaran to access/leave them for most of the classes is a huge pain in the butt. I'm glad that order halls are going away in BfA and we're getting separate capitals again. There have been multiple times when the Dalaran loading screen has just straight up ended my play session because I alt-tab or leave the room while I wait for it to load, only to get distracted by something else and forget about WoW.

It's not even a consistent hardware issue -- this is a widely reported problem that tons have people have encountered regardless of their PC specs. Originally there was a console command that fixed it, but since 7.3 it's cropped back up again. Whatever technical stuff is going on behind the scenes, it's clear that Dalaran struggles to play nice with large segments of the playerbase.
    Last edited by Wondercrab; 2017-12-18 at 12:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have zero load problems on Argent Dawn eu's Dalaran. None of the zones have particularly long load times, such that I don't particularly notice any difference.

The actual stability of zones however?

Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    I'm pretty sure the lack of auctioneers is an attempt to encourage people to not all be in dalaran as overcrowding is a contributing factor in the long loading times you complain of.
    Stormwind on Argent Dawn is very close to being a lagfest at peak times. Sometimes I get mount up delay, especially when coming out of the mage tower even though my latency is perfectly fine.

I don't want to imagine how laggy Dalaran would be with all the 100+ none RP players from Stormwind plus all the 100+ none RP players from Orgrimmar. Putting Dalaran as auction house central would cripple the zone.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Fucking Blizz so lazy they had to reuse a whole freaking zone from 4 expansions ago as a main hub. Freakin lazy and shameless cost cutting.

10+ Year Old Account
    get a better pc and reroll engi

problem solved
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

It's too bad that it's like that, but soon we wont be bunched up into a small city.

My PC is not a toaster, I am running on a SSD for awhile and it's not giving me an Auction House, and fuck Dalaran

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    You realize, when you're in dalaran and you portal to orgrimmar or stormwind, when you show up there is literally a portal right in front of your face back to dalaran. You don't need to hearth.

All you need to do,

is pay attention.
    When I said "hearth back" I meant you needed to teleport back somehow and hit another loading screen. The hearthing itself is literally not any part of the issue. Pay attention.