Poll: Did you get squashed by the Antorus elevator boss?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I did it day one of US release, and the kill thing either wasn't in game, or was bugged. I would have been killed if it were.

I was asking in discord where we were supposed to go from there, right as it would have killed me. Was pretty funny. Sadly we learned that it was either fixed, or hotfixed in that it could kill you the day after, so very few people in my raid team have died to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    • But... as was also mentioned, this is right before a boss, and particularly in LFR people don't wait. You end up getting locked out. When this happened to me on my mage, I didn't get rezzed, so I released and walked back. Then got locked out and didn't get credit for the boss we killed. I'm not going to go back and waste another 30min to clear a raid wing just to get to the last boss I missed loot on - which is likely to end in me getting an augment rune.
    Last time I did LFR regularly, which was part-way through Tomb before I stopped giving a damn about my alts and started spending my spare gaming catching up on other games, you got kill credit in LFR if someone pulled before you were in the room and you got locked out, and it had been that way for quiiiiiite some time.

Did they change this officially? Or maybe just something unintentional?
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

It was our first wipe in the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The first time I did it with my guild about half the raid died. And we were 20-25 people. Was quite enjoyable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    The LFR version does not kill you. The other versions have collision. Perhaps on the very first day of LFR it was not that way, but as I did it on the second day with some guild mates for the raid quest (we had already cleared the other versions) we tried to kill each other on purpose there and it was not possible.
    If you do not believe me, just try it.
    The LFR version is exactly the same as any version and kills.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    psst, don't tell them!
    would have been another few kills for the elevator boss^^

First time we were there half the raid died and it was hilarious, I wish I had a video of it. No death after that because we don't have a clown in the raid but I noticed a few buffing neuro thingies.

my plan is to put up Blingtron 6000 under the elevator the next time
    You're doing the Lords works, brother.

I literally just did it 20 minutes ago. Standing right under the elevator, nothing happened.

it is honestly BS because this elevator is inconsistent with so many elevators in WoW where you can jump through the platform.

I died the 2nd time I was there because I expected to jump through it, worst thing is that in LFR there are often idiots who are not ressing you and then pull the boss before you can make it back.

It sucks hard.

And then the tank that pulled instead of waiting writes "people that die to the elevator don't deserve loot"
    It's not an elevator, it's a Felevator. It's eeeevil.

Deleted
    this elevator is literally the best thing in legion.

i like your "problem" aka people start pulling the boss while you're not there.

here are possible solutions:

- remove LFR
    - let people in the LFR grow a brain and do a readycheck before pulling
    - don't be stupid and die to an elevator

it is honestly BS because this elevator is inconsistent with so many elevators in WoW where you can jump through the platform.

I died the 2nd time I was there because I expected to jump through it, worst thing is that in LFR there are often idiots who are not ressing you and then pull the boss before you can make it back.

It sucks hard.

And then the tank that pulled instead of waiting writes "people that die to the elevator don't deserve loot"
    He is not wrong though

Never gets old.
    And no I don't warn people; it's kind of an initiation, right? Right of passage stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

I literally just did it 20 minutes ago. Standing right under the elevator, nothing happened.
    I watched several people die to elevator in LFR this week. I remember because it was funny.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I didn't, I did neglect to tell guildies about its squashing capabilities though, much fun was had even though some people got a little salty that it held up the raid for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I didn't, I did neglect to tell guildies about its squashing capabilities though, much fun was had even though some people got a little salty that it held up the raid for a bit.
    Funniest thing is people taking it seriously.

The elevator mechanic is good because it only fucks those who don't know about it (not counting the general time-consumption effect) while activating those traps in ToS fucked everyone. As I knew about the elevator before I did that raid, I knew to avoid it.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

You know what's funny? I am just used to treating things like they should, and always waiting in front of elevators, rather than below them, then saw a bunch of people die and was all "lolwhut"? ..and then stood there the next time it went down to see what happened. So yes, I got it, because of curiosity.

Deleted
    no you didnt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    First time we were there half the raid died and it was hilarious, I wish I had a video of it. No death after that because we don't have a clown in the raid but I noticed a few buffing neuro thingies.

You're doing the Lords works, brother.
    Yeah it killed 7 people.

Putting up a winter clothing chest works as well. Do it while the rest of the raid is still busy with the trash. I think you need to be able to get out of combat to place it.

10+ Year Old Account
    my plan is to put up Blingtron 6000 under the elevator the next time
    Ohhh that's just evil.

I will stack up on feasts every time I go to Antorus LFR wing 1.

You know where I'll place them.

I bro-scienced it with ice block. Didn't work out for me