Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Suru View Post
    Really spec was a more appropriate term back in vanilla. You had access to everything but SPECialized in a certain tree. Now it is more than just a specialization, it is the entirety of what you are while "specced" into it.
    Was about to type this out almost word for word. Well put and completely true.

5+ Year Old Account
    This statement is wrong on so many levels....I don't even know what you wanted to say but it clearly is not the current state of Legions classes.
    At least the part about classics spec-diversity and niche specs I can agree on.
    That's your opinion. I hit ilvl 940 in 2 months of game play. Then after 2 months (game time) of grinding in warlords of draenor (& that's just this year), I hit prestige 2 in legion in only a few weeks of pvp & I did the Raid in heroic and normal to full completion every week after reset. 7 months total this year. I played with and without the guild Mythic and non-mythic and pvp & i'll stand by that statement. There are those who are we beyond what I achieved this year but do they have life? So any way... all I was trying to say it you have to find what works for you, it's an RPG not an RTS, you can't do it all but some times even after hitting getting near the top of the leveling grind some people just feel like the bought a lemon. Had that feeling, not a nice feeling. The game is diversity.
    Last edited by NoahWeaver; 2017-12-17 at 11:54 PM.

Deleted
    Why do people keep repeating that Arms warriors are good in raids? Arms warriors are shite.
    Horde can have 2 handed warriors, but they're still fury specced, no one raids as arms, besides being a useless debuff slot you simply get more deeps as fury.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Maybe because the tedious part was going out and getting all those buffs before the raid? I think that is the tedium they were referring to.
    I would agree with that. But if they needed that badly the buffs or they couldn't kill the boss, claiming right after that people could dick around during the fight is pretty contradictory.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic WoW is a 13 year old game, it's no longer content, so it's time for us to accept that 13 year old theorycrafting is out-dated and every spec is viable

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    For raiding for most of vanilla:

Top tier hybrid specs
    * Restoration (Druid)
    * Holy (Paladin)
    * Disc/Holy (Priest)
    * Restoration (Shaman)
    * Arms/Fury (Warrior)
    * Protection (Warrior)

Viable hybrid specs
    * Feral (Druid)
    * Shadow (Priest)

Crap hybrid specs
    * Balance (Druid)
    * Protection (Paladin)
    * Retribution (Paladin)
    * Elemental (Shaman)
    * Enhancement (Shaman)
    Is that feral with or without the ZF hat?

Ill just say that I did play as disc during classic because there was a talent that gave you 10% more mana, spirit buff was in the disc tree, so was inner focus and power infusion, better cooldowns than both SoR and LW. no one bothered to click the lightwell, i used it a bit during tbc but today its gone entirely as an ability. disc ended up being the better longevity spec, it scaled better with gear, better gear gave you more int, more int gave you more mana and the talent that gives you 10% more mana scaled very well with gear. where as being able to just pump out massive heals wasn't really what mattered in a raid scene where you often have 10 healers. there was only one talent you needed from holy, inspiration, conveniently you can reach it with 31-20-0. having the biggest mana pool was definitely the meta in the end if i did any min/maxing it was all about the mana pool. this is probably why we have a mana pool that is capped by level and not tied to int any more they didn't like the way that meta was going. although i did enjoy getting more mana and being able to cast more heals/last longer, i can see why that couldn't be infinitely sustainable.

thats the main difference i remember between holy and disc, if you had both priests standing next to each other start spamming flash heals, the holy priest is going to go oom first every time. while the disc priest will be able to cast upward of 10 or so more flash heals before going oom. they might be smaller heals but what mattered more was just the fact that you could keep going like the energizer bunny.

in a 40 man raid everything was viable but some specs stacked worst than others or some specs had debuffs that were not worth a debuff slot like boomkin moonfire. fire mages weren't that great for raiding molten core because most of the mobs and bosses would resist like 50% of your damage.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-12-18 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    everything besides : mage,rogue,warrior, holy priest , holy pala, , + 1 warlock for buffing mages and 1 hunter for tranq shot , maybe resto druid for innnevervating realm healers in raid , 1 shaman for windfury totem .

other specs/classes are completly usless dont bother wasting time leveling them you wont get invited to any parties and if you will try forming them nobody will join as they will look for realm tank/dps/healers.

everything else gan gtfo

- - - Updated - - -

to ba a non playable laughtingstock .

garbage specs are garbage - its not 2004 when nobody knew better - now people know and will avoid them like plague.
    Well, no shit. What have we got here, a fucking comedian? I admire your honesty. Hell, I like you. You can come over to my house and fuck my sister! [socks kamuimac in the gut] You little scumbag! I got your name! I got your ass! You will not laugh! You will not cry! You will learn by the numbers! I will teach you! Now get up! Get on your feet! You had best unfuck yourself, or I will unscrew your head and shit down your neck!

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I would agree with that. But if they needed that badly the buffs or they couldn't kill the boss, claiming right after that people could dick around during the fight is pretty contradictory.
    IMO - it is mostly down to people wanting the buffs to make fights easier, its why on retail blizzard changed it so you couldn't do that anymore. Allowing players to retain buffs from the world and carry them into raids/dungeons changed the difficulty of the instance.

My guild back then did not require us to go and do this, progression on certain bosses got hit a bit as a result. But at least we stopped some of the burn out from doing mundane shit like that.

The raids compared to now are easier, no doubt about it. The logistics of getting 40 people and ensuring it went well was the main challenge in Vanilla raiding. That was something else and I would say was the main difficulty. In a way I enjoyed that side of the game, but on the flip side I also really enjoyed 10 man content in Wrath/Cata.

Ret pala was pretty damn viable in vanilla. Kappa.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    They werent garbage. What you retail children cant seem to grasp is that every spec is not supposed to be good in every situation. Period. You do BM for leveling and solo play. You do marksmen for group content. You do survival for PvP.

This was the design that made Vanilla fun. Otherwise you get the monstrosity of talents and builds that is currently in Legion, where every 10 levels you pick a new talent from 3 options and can somehow, magically switch your spec at the drop of a hat.
    Jesus calm down dude. You seem really mad that most people consider legion far superior to vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    For raiding for most of vanilla:

Top tier hybrid specs
    * Restoration (Druid)
    * Holy (Paladin)
    * Holy (Priest)
    * Restoration (Shaman)
    * Protection (Warrior)
    * Shadow (Priest) (PVP)

Viable hybrid specs
    * Feral (Druid)
    * Arms/Fury (Warrior)
    * Disc (Priest)

Crap hybrid specs
    * Balance (Druid)
    * Protection (Paladin)
    * Retribution (Paladin)
    * Elemental (Shaman)
    * Enhancement (Shaman)
    * Shadow (Priest) (PVE)
    Fixed a couple of items for you.
    Last edited by wysimdnwyg; 2017-12-18 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to put Disc back in

Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    >Shadow Priest as crap for PvE

Good joke. They're basicly mandatory just for the mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    >Shadow Priest as crap for PvE

Good joke. They're basicly mandatory just for the mana.
    What mana? They don't have Vamperic Touch in Classic.

Why do people care of which specs are worse or not?
    Be chill about it and play whatever the frick you want. It's Classic, not World First Mythic progression.

Just play whatever spec you want, the general public will not accept you for things. That's not your fault though, they're just still tryharding 13 year old content where a bad player can be mistaken for the good player.

They are all viable, depending on what you use them for. =) Not everything is about raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    They are all viable, depending on what you use them for. =) Not everything is about raiding.
    True but if you invite a Vanilla Boomkin to your dungeon group, get your back ready because they're going to be doing at least 30% dps less than a similarly geared/skilled mage/rogue/warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Nonviable specs. Which are they?
    Are there still a negative stigma attached to some of the specs or people have changed their attitude towards some of them?
    It wasn't a problem of attitude, many of the specs in vanilla were very poor in comparison to other specs. People might judge and say that not everything is about raiding/dungeons, but there aren't any world quests that will titanforge to raid ilvl in Vanilla.

In general, the classes with a healing spec(Priest,Pala,Druid,Shaman) have mostly just that spec viable. There's damage spec for each dps class that greatly exceeds the other 2, warriors will make up for most tanks.

Ofc,this doesn't mean you can't play your shaman as tank, it just means it sucks ass.

With 13 years of gear lists and play styles available all classes and specs are viable. Back when WoW first released of course they weren't because people didn't know what gear to get or how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    Jesus calm down dude. You seem really mad that most people consider legion far superior to vanilla
    I can relate with the irritation of people who dislike on Vanilla and want to play Legion shitting the Classic forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    Most people DON'T think that though. Legion and WOD have had the lowest numbers in WoW history. Vanilla, BC, and Wrath were WoW at it's peak. There is simply no denying that. Legion is shit, and so are you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    Wrong. Every progression guild had at least a few Ret Paladins, enhance shaman, shadow priests, or elemental shaman... Sorry you raided with mid-tier scrubs.