Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Instead of Vrykuls I would prefer Kul'Tirans

Ogres should come, but Sethrak should come even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people who complain about ogres being too large, forget that there are ogres in game in similar size to tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    Instead of Vrykuls I would prefer Kul'Tirans

Ogres should come, but Sethrak should come even more.
    People have wanted ogres since Vanilla and vrykul since Wrath, I'm not against Tirasian monster hunter-types humans and sethrak, but Blizzard should prioritize the most requested races first imo.

Besides, the Horde is fighting the sethrak in Vol'dun, it's far more likely that vulpera will be playable for the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by goldlocks View Post
    Two of these races are very popular
    Very popular for you?

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i agree, i could sooner see Mok'Nathal as an allied race than the ogres, ogres are just too big for doors
    In-game a lot of ogres are, but in lore male ogres are only 8ft tall on average with females being a foot shorter.

Deleted
    Lorewise, tauren are like 3 metres tall... so I don't see any reason as to why ogres couldn't have playable models that are about the size of tauren

Also the perfect excuse to give us more insight into Ogre culture, dating back to the Gorian Empire which seems almost tailor-made as a story element to make us reconsider the "Ogres are stupid" thing. Imperator Mar'Gok was eloquent, intelligent and incredibly powerful for example.

I will say though, now I also kind of want Ogron... I miss you Blook, you were one of my favorite followers....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    People have wanted ogres since Vanilla and vrykul since Wrath, I'm not against Tirasian monster hunter-types humans and sethrak, but Blizzard should prioritize the most requested races first imo.

Besides, the Horde is fighting the sethrak in Vol'dun, it's far more likely that vulpera will be playable for the Horde.
    You are perfectly right, brother, but I think that newest additions to the Allied Races roster shall hail from the new zones. Vulpera? Do you mean fox like vermin? I hope it won't be the case. Young Empire of Sethrak people shall see through their misguided ways and join red banners!

If the announced allies races showed us anything it is that they aren't going to invest the time to create completely new models they are simply going to reuse and reskin wht already exists, add a small twist, and good racials. There is no way they are going to invest in creating Ogres as playable.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    If the announced allies races showed us anything it is that they aren't going to invest the time to create completely new models they are simply going to reuse and reskin wht already exists, add a small twist, and good racials. There is no way they are going to invest in creating Ogres as playable.
    Except the Nightborne and Zandalari models are completely new models that do not share any textures or meshes with existing races. Go compare the Night Elf, Nightborn NPCs on live and Nightborn race on WoWhead's modelviewer, you will see they are 3 completely distinct models.

Heck there is a thread on this very forum complaining that the Nightborn player model completely ruins their identity compared to their NPC model counterparts.

Edit: according to Villager720 the player PC nightborn model is a copy (though then a slightly warped one from the original I'd say due to minor differences.) So that is just 2 distinct models.
    The Zandalari point however still stands.
    Last edited by MrDragon; 2017-12-18 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    Except the Nightborne and Zandalari models are completely new models that do not share any textures or meshes with existing races. Go compare the Night Elf, Nightborn NPCs on live and Nightborn race on WoWhead's modelviewer, you will see they are 3 completely distinct models.

Heck there is a thread on this very forum complaining that the Nightborn player model completely ruins their identity compared to their NPC model counterparts.
    Oh I had thought the NB were the same? Guess I need to see side by sides. Anyhow, I want a hozen to play with some sort of fling scat racial so I can make a rogue hozen named Rkelly and run around smacking allys in the bank with dook.

Edit: But just the female Gnomes. Don't judge me.

Cause they’re copied Night Elf models with new textures and a new idle stance.

Also the perfect excuse to give us more insight into Ogre culture, dating back to the Gorian Empire which seems almost tailor-made as a story element to make us reconsider the "Ogres are stupid" thing. Imperator Mar'Gok was eloquent, intelligent and incredibly powerful for example.

I will say though, now I also kind of want Ogron... I miss you Blook, you were one of my favorite followers....
    I want Tormmok and Blook to come through the Dark Portal and join the Horde. Tormmok is an experienced veteran so he could definitely rally the Stonemaul and Dunemaul ogres to war and Blook can carry crates and smash stuff.

BTW, I think it would be cool if the ogres had a city or at least a port like the goblins do in Dustwallow Marsh or Dire Maul. Something like Highmaul mixed with the Free Cities from GoT.

Wealthy high ogres walking around proudly in elaborate robes with ogrons carrying massive crates with various brutish stonemasons and craftsman. Maybe even a few half-ogres and Blackrock orcs living in the city.

The Horde lacks a metallurgical race and the ogres could definitely fill that void...

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Cause they’re copied Night Elf models with new textures and a new idle stance.
    My apologies then if that is the case, I assumed because of the differences in ear geometry and chin size they were completely unique.
    (Nightborne ears slant up while Night Elf ears slant down for example.)
    Last edited by MrDragon; 2017-12-18 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I want Tormmok and Blook to come through the Dark Portal and join the Horde. Tormmok is an experienced veteran so he could definitely rally the Stonemaul and Dunemaul ogres to war and Blook can carry crates and smash stuff.

BTW, I think it would be cool if the ogres had a city or at least a port like the goblins do in Dustwallow Marsh or Dire Maul. Something like Highmaul mixed with the Free Cities from GoT.

Wealthy high ogres walking around proudly in elaborate robes with ogrons carrying massive crates with various brutish stonemasons and craftsman. Maybe even a few half-ogres and Blackrock orcs living in the city.

The Horde lacks a metallurgical race and the ogres could definitely fill that void...
    Also remember these bad boys?

Ogres made the original Juggernaughts and considering we're taking a battle to the sea, why aren't we using them?

Blizzard did a replication in WoD but that was it... and it was orc made.

We need Ogre Juggernaughts again!

OP didn't spell Vulpera correctly either time, weird.

Allied Races Wanted and that matter = Naga
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    get out with this furry obsession

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    Ogres, vrykul and vulpera ftw!

EDIT: And furbolgs, give me my badass bear warriors!

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Racial Ability: Crawl
    Shrinks hit box to fit through doors
    That seems a little broken in PvP.