Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Are you not a nice guy if you call people on their bullshit? Millennial logic.
    You have yet to argue the validity of anyone else's opinion but keep saying you're calling out bullshit. Lacking logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurghan View Post
    You have yet to argue the validity of anyone else's opinion but keep saying you're calling out bullshit. Lacking logic.
    Why do I need to counter the opinion of someone who comes into a Classic forum to say Classic is shit?

That's simply bullshit. I don't intend to play BfA, and don't go in there complaining about how shit it is.

Are you not a nice guy if you call people on their bullshit? Millennial logic.
    And again. Not only do you not have any idea how old I am but you insult me and others the second we disagree with you.
    Yeah, that is being toxic.

You are part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    And again. Not only do you not have any idea how old I am but you insult me and others the second we disagree with you.
    Yeah, that is being toxic.

You are part of the problem.
    Rofl... you don't even know how ridiculous you sound, do you? You get insulted because of the WAY you disagree with someone. Not because you do. If you want to have a civil conversation, start by showing some respect, not demanding it.

Why do I need to counter the opinion of someone who comes into a Classic forum to say Classic is shit?

That's simply bullshit. I don't intend to play BfA, and don't go in there complaining about how shit it is.
    Because the original person who responded to your thread said a lot more than the fact that he didn't intend to play classic. He responded to your original point, he said he thought it would work best without addons, and explained why. You fixated on the fact that he said he didn't intend to play classic, as he didn't think it would be fun. That clearly made you pretty mad. And then the thread became hilarious.

I also want to mention that someone's intent to play a game or not doesn't mean a thing. We all know what we're talking about here in regards to world of warcraft, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Last edited by Kurghan; 2017-12-19 at 06:21 AM.

SO... Can you even have a Vanilla experience if all the modern addons are allowed? Or would Blizz need to restrict addons in some way to even approach how it was back then?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Because the original person who responded to your thread said a lot more than the fact that he didn't intend to play classic. He responded to your original point, he said he thought it would work best without addons, and explained why. You fixated on the fact that he said he didn't intend to play classic, as he didn't think it would be fun. That clearly made you pretty mad. And then the thread became hilarious.
    You're doing what you're trying to accuse me of... over simplifying. He didn't just say he didn't intend to play it. He insulted the game, the community, and barely addressed the topic of the thread to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    SO... Can you even have a Vanilla experience if all the modern addons are allowed? Or would Blizz need to restrict addons in some way to even approach how it was back then?
    Short answer: not really. There were no addons when Vanilla started. Now there are thousands.

This thread is going places.
    A+

Rofl... you don't even know how ridiculous you sound, do you? You get insulted because of the WAY you disagree with someone. Not because you do. If you want to have a civil conversation, start by showing some respect, not demanding it.
    Oh, I was not actually talking about me here but rather how you attacked the one guy that actually seemed to want to discuss this with you.
    It does not matter much thoguh. You are proof enough that parts of the classic crowd is just as if not more toxic than the retail one.

As to the "respect" part - No, you will not get any of that from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Classic was very simple in its mechanics. Couple that to some very powerful addons and seriously I don't see why would anyone bother re-playing that content for the feeling alone. There wont be any feeling. I think if they are going to attempt to recreate anything regarding classic they must leave the old UI and restrict addon options.

So far as I see:
    - Toxic playerbase that cannot recreate the classic atmosphere: check
    - Known content that is no surprise to anyone: check
    - Old content with new UI: check
    - Powerful addons to beat Hogger level of content: check

I can't wait to NOT buy that crap because I like my memories of the classic wow intact.
    You seem awfully interested in it if you keep popping up on the classic forums.

Deleted
    God can you imagine DBM on Ragnaros?

BEWARE

*auto attack*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    You'd have to ninja loot or steal the guild bank. People would take a transfer or make new characters if their reputation got too bad.
    Fun fact...
    I had a separate account for that so 2 officers (who I knew IRL) and I could log into to. To me guild banks weren't just QoL, but also a money saver
    I dunno it seems like they are viewing this through some very rose tinted shades if they think the community wasn't toxic back then too.
    Yeah, people were dicks back then as well, but they weren't saved by realm transfers (for the first half of the game anyway) or name changes.

Anyway, if the kind of addons available on private servers are anything to go by, it's most likely going to be a cesspool, where addons will turn the "vanilla" game more and more into what we have on live now :|
    We are not toxic except for when we have the right to be so...

You might call that wonky logic. I call it logic.
    What right do you have to be toxic then? Even if he is wrong, you are letting someone's opinion get the better of you and join the plebs down at the bottom in the pool of scum. If people can't be better than that, the community is predestined to be shit.
    Last edited by Detheavn; 2017-12-19 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Oh, I was not actually talking about me here but rather how you attacked the one guy that actually seemed to want to discuss this with you.
    It does not matter much thoguh. You are proof enough that parts of the classic crowd is just as if not more toxic than the retail one.

As to the "respect" part - No, you will not get any of that from me.
    Well then, don't bitch when you don't receive any in return.

You're doing what you're trying to accuse me of... over simplifying. He didn't just say he didn't intend to play it. He insulted the game, the community, and barely addressed the topic of the thread to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Short answer: not really. There were no addons when Vanilla started. Now there are thousands.
    I'm not accusing you of over simplifying anything actually. I'm accusing you of asking for other people's opinions then refusing to debate any of them.

I'm not accusing you of over simplifying anything actually. I'm accusing you of asking for other people's opinions then refusing to debate any of them.
    "Because the original person who responded to your thread said a lot more than the fact that he didn't intend to play classic."

^This is literally the sentence you opened your reply with...

So... Vanilla, but with DBM and Weak Auras.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a notorious guild leader called Timebomb (a Tauren warrior) on Nathrazeim (US), managed to build up the biggest raiding guild then robbed them blind. Then he did it again on another server, he eventually came back to nath and did it again one last time in BC . He just changed names or characters, there wasn't really any way to tell it was him until he ran off with the guild bank and told everyone to go fuck themselves.

I mean this was back when guild banks were lvl 1 twinks and not what they are today.

I think it's far too late to bring back the golden days of classic wow, i mean people will try and want it, but it's one of those things like woodstock. That one woodstock was really good but attempts to do it again were kinda miserable.
    Yeah, that kind of shit is hard to plan against. Basically I could have changed my account's password and fucked off. Since it's on my toon it's technically "my stuff" and Blizzard won't act against it. When it comes to guild masters, even the current guild bank system isn't safe, especially since you can move your guild to another server with you nowadays. (And yeah, my 2nd account only had a shit ton of level 1s with traveller's backpacks and mooncloth bags )

I kind of have to agree with your Woodstock analogy. I still hope the community can prove me otherwise though

"Because the original person who responded to your thread said a lot more than the fact that he didn't intend to play classic."

^This is literally the sentence you opened your reply with...
    We all have opinions about things we're not directly involved in. Whether he intends to play or not doesn't mean his opinion's not valid.
    Last edited by Kurghan; 2017-12-19 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I have a right to voice my opinion but thanks for proving my point about how toxic the community is. As for the rest of the classic experience its just a blizzard money grab to appease the children that werent born 13 years ago and imagine that they can recreate the legend that was vanilla wow.

And no mate you can't even scratch the surface of what we experienced simply because of your attitude. NOONE in classic would have ever responded the way you just did.

You will go into that mockery of classic and set your group finder to "LF Deadmines group link achievement".

You are incapable of being properly social (as your post has shown) you are incapable of tolerating a different opinion especially when its well endorsed and backed up and you act like you have some special rights over everyone else.

You alone are enough to put a giant dick into any attempt to recreate classic. Classic had decent players mate you are just a bad specimen of whats making wow shit.
    You are full of shit.

As long as something is done about gold sellers, classic will be an enjoyable experience even 13 years after the fact. As for the rest, why should I give a fuck what kind of addons other people are running?
    Last edited by last1214; 2017-12-19 at 06:48 AM.

We all have opinions about things we're not directly involved in. Whether he intends to play or not doesn't mean his opinion's not valid.
    If he stopped at sharing his opinion, that's fine. He didn't. He was called out for it. Story ends. At least for most of us.