Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    a really nice example of the classic community right here.
    "don't come here if you don't agree with us!!"

a forum is meant to be a place to discuss stuff, and you could make a point by providing arguments for your or against other's ideas, but just shouting "agree with us or bust! is not going to make anyone take you serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    If he stopped at sharing his opinion, that's fine. He didn't. He was called out for it. Story ends. At least for most of us.
    Called out for what? You could have just chosen to ignore him and keep the thread going. Instead you just turned it into a shit flinging show

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    a really nice example of the classic community right here.
    "don't come here if you don't agree with us!!"

a forum is meant to be a place to discuss stuff, and you could make a point by providing arguments for your or against other's ideas, but just shouting "agree with us or bust! is not going to make anyone take you serious.
    As has been said numerous times... it's fine to disagree and discuss. It's not fine to do it by insulting others. If you resort to that, expect to get called out on it. And don't expect us to fall for your victimization sob story either.

Hating toxic people =/= hating Classic.

Point is : The Classic Extremists are toxic as fuck and it has been proven here.

I still think a majority of Classic players are silent and totally fine, but the Classic enthousiasms and the former private servers players aren't people I want to interact with in my game.

OT : There will be addons for Classic.

If addons can recreate all QoL you want, why aren't you happy and just stop talking about adding things to Classic?

As has been said numerous times... it's fine to disagree and discuss. It's not fine to do it by insulting others. If you resort to that, expect to get called out on it. And don't expect us to fall for your victimization sob story either.
    if what i wrote came of as a "victimization sob story", then i am sincerly sorry, wasn't meant like that, and i completely agree with you that insulting someone is not voicing an opinion and removes any credibility.

i just wanted to point out that a noticeable amount of classic supporters shut out every single argument that goes against classic WoW with the above mentioned line of thought.

admittedly, a lot of people do that regardless of what they support.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    If addons can recreate all QoL you want, why aren't you happy and just stop talking about adding things to Classic?
    Is this a real question? Let me spin that around for you...

If addons can recreate all the QoL you don't want, why aren't you happy to just let Blizz build them into the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I have a right to voice my opinion but thanks for proving my point about how toxic the community is. As for the rest of the classic experience its just a blizzard money grab to appease the children that werent born 13 years ago and imagine that they can recreate the legend that was vanilla wow.

And no mate you can't even scratch the surface of what we experienced simply because of your attitude. NOONE in classic would have ever responded the way you just did.

You will go into that mockery of classic and set your group finder to "LF Deadmines group link achievement".

You are incapable of being properly social (as your post has shown) you are incapable of tolerating a different opinion especially when its well endorsed and backed up and you act like you have some special rights over everyone else.

You alone are enough to put a giant dick into any attempt to recreate classic. Classic had decent players mate you are just a bad specimen of whats making wow shit.
    Damn son. That is one of the finest "the reason you suck" speeches I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Well played.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Is this a real question? Let me spin that around for you...

If addons can recreate all the QoL you don't want, why aren't you happy to just let Blizz build them into the game?
    Because addons are much more difficult to control than the features that Blizzard add themselves. If I could choose I would choose no addons, but that wouldn't be Vanilla, would it?

Eventually people who want that QoL will find a way of making something similar. I just don't want everything to be served to players

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a right to voice my opinion but thanks for proving my point about how toxic the community is. As for the rest of the classic experience its just a blizzard money grab to appease the children that werent born 13 years ago and imagine that they can recreate the legend that was vanilla wow.

And no mate you can't even scratch the surface of what we experienced simply because of your attitude. NOONE in classic would have ever responded the way you just did.

You will go into that mockery of classic and set your group finder to "LF Deadmines group link achievement".

You are incapable of being properly social (as your post has shown) you are incapable of tolerating a different opinion especially when its well endorsed and backed up and you act like you have some special rights over everyone else.

You alone are enough to put a giant dick into any attempt to recreate classic. Classic had decent players mate you are just a bad specimen of whats making wow shit.
    look, we all know this is a rediculous thread. But to say that the playerbase wasn't toxic in 2005 is just getting old .... The playerbase was full off smart ass 12/14 year old brats back then. People were absolutely complete dickheads every now and then. Eventho your comment is partially right, there's no reason to act all high and mighty that you've experienced it and the OP did not. Classic was just a game ... if people want to play it now, all these years after. just let them play it. It has to be said that it could very well still be a fun experience.

The things that make it impossible to 'recreate' the full experience is the various other factors: Internet forums like this, wowhead, smartphones, game experience, game addons and wellknown voice coms like Discord. My first guild raided without voicechat :P

Classic servers could actually simulate the experience very well if done right, but it will never be the same.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    look, we all know this is a rediculous thread.
    But do we all know how to spell ridiculous? No. No we do not.

Classic was very simple in its mechanics. Couple that to some very powerful addons and seriously I don't see why would anyone bother re-playing that content for the feeling alone. There wont be any feeling. I think if they are going to attempt to recreate anything regarding classic they must leave the old UI and restrict addon options.

So far as I see:
    - Toxic playerbase that cannot recreate the classic atmosphere: check
    - Known content that is no surprise to anyone: check
    - Old content with new UI: check
    - Powerful addons to beat Hogger level of content: check

I can't wait to NOT buy that crap because I like my memories of the classic wow intact.
    Like any of WoW is really that hard. When I wanted to spend the time to invest in getting CE, it was just that, the time.

Why are you so upset with any of this?

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    What happened to the purity of vanilla.

Honestly if it doesn't have carcasses of players spelling out names of gold-selling websites, it isn't vanilla.
    How did they even kill themselves to do that anyway? Flight hacks?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    SO... Can you even have a Vanilla experience if all the modern addons are allowed? Or would Blizz need to restrict addons in some way to even approach how it was back then?
    You're kidding, right? Lua was a lot less restrictive in Classic. You could make bots with addons, that's how powerful the scripting engine was.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Yeah, that kind of shit is hard to plan against. Basically I could have changed my account's password and fucked off. Since it's on my toon it's technically "my stuff" and Blizzard won't act against it. When it comes to guild masters, even the current guild bank system isn't safe, especially since you can move your guild to another server with you nowadays. (And yeah, my 2nd account only had a shit ton of level 1s with traveller's backpacks and mooncloth bags )

I kind of have to agree with your Woodstock analogy. I still hope the community can prove me otherwise though
    Actually no. It's Blizz's stuff. You're just a renter. Your toon, your items, your gold, etc. All belong to Blizz. That's part of why gold selling is illegal. You're getting paid for selling something that doesn't belong to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    You're kidding, right? Lua was a lot less restrictive in Classic. You could make bots with addons, that's how powerful the scripting engine was.
    I did not play Vanilla; I'm a Wrath baby. So I am honestly asking, not knowing the answer. When people talk about Vanilla, I've never pictured all the addons we have today, but you would know better than I.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    You are full of shit.

As long as something is done about gold sellers, classic will be an enjoyable experience even 13 years after the fact. As for the rest, why should I give a fuck what kind of addons other people are running?
    Because half the threads are filled with "can classic have this?" and then an avalanch of angry vanilla purists screaming at them "no you can't have this cause it wouldn't be vanilla!"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Very well said and a testament to the sad state of some of the community now..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bildur View Post
    10/10
    I am definitely looking forward to go back in time and re-live that WoW that (for me) was killed by LFG, guild perks, item level, penis-meters and cross-realms. But I don't have high hopes for a 2017 audience to be able to adjust to that. But I sure hope I'm wrong
    And that is the problem with the instant gratification must have it now crowd, vanilla will not be able to stand up to what they want and are used to..

Classic was very simple in its mechanics.
    For the first Tiers yes, but talk about Naxxramas where so few even managed to kill anything, and you couln't be more wrong.

Couple that to some very powerful addons and seriously I don't see why would anyone bother re-playing that content for the feeling alone. There wont be any feeling. I think if they are going to attempt to recreate anything regarding classic they must leave the old UI and restrict addon options.
    I agree with your UI/addon perspective, but your feelings seems to be abit out of control.
    It feels better to be able to take a feeling for what it actually is.

So far as I see:
    - Toxic playerbase that cannot recreate the classic atmosphere: check
    - Known content that is no surprise to anyone: check
    - Old content with new UI: check
    - Powerful addons to beat Hogger level of content: check

I can't wait to NOT buy that crap because I like my memories of the classic wow intact.
    This is also the retail perspective of it, but even from playing on "bad" 1.12 private servers, where tuning is so off, people do find the community is actually way better.
    People do get forced to interact, and if you constantly behave like the toxic posters here, you will have a hard time finding a group with pleasant people to play with.

But yes there will be toxic asshats, people spamming their retailist views on how crap everything is.
    Just there are much less of these kids than in retail, they will give up Classic before max level.
    Things just needs some time to filter all those retail personalites out.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    For the first Tiers yes, but talk about Naxxramas where so few even managed to kill anything, and you couln't be more wrong.
    It was still pretty simple compared to mythic or even heroic raiding for today. The difficulty was in the number of consumables, resist sets, and needing 8 geared warriors to even see the last 3 bosses.